The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Jan 14, 2015 at 6:38 AM Post #1,861 of 22,492
To me, at least, the mids are more engaging with the aftermarket cables.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sounds good, big difference ?

Jan 14, 2015 at 6:41 AM Post #1,862 of 22,492
To me, at least, the mids are more engaging with the aftermarket cables. :)

That sounds very promising, does it still retain the same speed though?
They look very striking in red as well which is a plus for me :p Always been wanting to try some after market cables since my Abyss cable has a kink at the headphone connector. Seems like they cut one wire longer when they were soldering it and the slack is blushing a bit making the kink.
The DHC Silver Spore looks pretty interesting as well, but at that price with almost no reviews in English, I'm a tad hesitant.
Thanks for getting back on that :)

Jan 14, 2015 at 7:06 AM Post #1,863 of 22,492
Chaps, let's just say that Tralucent's Uber cable retains the speed while improving the microdetails and dynamic range. And the mids are more engaging. The bass is very tight.

Toxic Cable Copper Venom probably is a bit slower but more mellow and has deeper sub bass.

Basically, I have both because they bring different things to the table. But both are very enjoyable. :)

Jan 14, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #1,864 of 22,492
By the way, I have the LCD 3C and I use it with the new toxic cables SW22 (it's a loaner), Carda Clear balanced, and tralucent Uber cables. Very engaging mids. But once the Abyss is paired with the copper venom or Uber, the game is up. :)

Jan 14, 2015 at 7:17 AM Post #1,865 of 22,492
By the way, I have the LCD 3C and I use it with the new toxic cables SW22 (it's a loaner), Carda Clear balanced, and tralucent Uber cables. Very engaging mids. But once the Abyss is paired with the copper venom or Uber, the game is up. :)

Cool, thanks for the heads up. Sounds like I'll have to give some after market cables a go... Once my bank account recovers a bit. :S
Where did you order the uber's from? Can't find them on tralucents site.

Jan 14, 2015 at 7:19 AM Post #1,866 of 22,492
Cool, thanks for the heads up. Sounds like I'll have to give some after market cables a go... Once my bank account recovers a bit. :S
Where did you order the uber's from? Can't find them on tralucents site.

Gavin, who owns Tralucent, and uses the Uber for his Abyss as well, goes by Spkrs01 in head-fi: drop him a PM. :)

Jan 14, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #1,868 of 22,492

I'm currently using the Abyss with Toxic Cables' Copper Venom. I also use the Abyss with Tralucent's Uber cable.
smily_headphones1.gif

GORGEOUS !  This Red Cable "almost" makes the ABYSS look good !
wink.gif
   Congratulation...

Jan 14, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #1,869 of 22,492
Excellent feedback Fririce.
Thank you very much for sharing your impressions and saving me a large chunk of change in the process. :beerchug:  

No worries, glad I could help. While I love the sound of the abyss I know it's not for everyone, especially at that price.
I've heard from a friend that a good middle ground between the 3F and the Abyss is the LCD X. It still has most of the warmth but backs of some immediacy for more instrumental deprecation which allows you to hear details more clearly. I haven't been able to confirm it myself but I do trust his ears. Though the X's don't like bright gear, accordingly studio 6, Hugo, don't even think of pairing the phones with them.

Jan 24, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #1,870 of 22,492
Here some Pics from our Meeting in Vienna with some other ABYSS OWNERS!(PLAKAT,MYSELF)

REGARDS NOMAX

Jan 27, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #1,874 of 22,492
Well, I've gawn an dun it!! Agreed with my dealer today a deal to p/x my speakers for a pair of Abyss and HD800 headphones to pair with my Mcintosh MHA100. There at the shop waiting for me to collect - hopefully Thursday. M-U-S-T K-E-E-P C-A-L-M.......:D:D:D:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back