The ironic disappearing JH3-A
Mar 21, 2012 at 10:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

k3oxkjo

500+ Head-Fier
Does anyone else think that it is interesting that before you could buy a JH3-A there were daily comments on the various threads featuring:

Detailed conjecture about the sound and features
Complaints about delays
Various justifications about said delays
Complaints that they were too expensive
Comments about the good value they (potentially) represent
Kvetches about JH Audio offenses, real and imagined
Rumors, refutations and more rumors

And now that it's a real product and there is a fair number in the field, no one has anything to say about them (though there ARE 113 pages (!) on the $7.11 Monoprice specials...)

Kevin

Mar 21, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #2 of 4
I've had the same thoughts.

I have had the JH-3A for some time now.   It's been wonderful for travel.  (No airport security problems whatsoever with the iPod Classic/Solo CLAS/3A "brick"!)

I know there's a newer version and with some trepidation I sent my old unit back.   The new one sounds wonderful too, but I can't for the life of me figure out the difference between the two.   Don't really care because they both sound extraordinary.

I had made some comments about the 3A a while back whilst all the argy-bargy was going on and they are likely buried in that morass....as are reviews of others.

Maybe we all got tired of the ranting and raving....

Mar 22, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
I've had the same thoughts.

I have had the JH-3A for some time now.   It's been wonderful for travel.  (No airport security problems whatsoever with the iPod Classic/Solo CLAS/3A "brick"!)

I know there's a newer version and with some trepidation I sent my old unit back.   The new one sounds wonderful too, but I can't for the life of me figure out the difference between the two.   Don't really care because they both sound extraordinary.

I had made some comments about the 3A a while back whilst all the argy-bargy was going on and they are likely buried in that morass....as are reviews of others.

Maybe we all got tired of the ranting and raving....

I agree with the above post

I ordered the 3a at canjam when it was shown,its been a roller coaster ride to get to the final production unit.
I have been using mine with my laptop & Audiophileo2 cardas clear usb cable, & it lived up to expectations & does sound wonderful.

I think if JHA had waited untill they the 3A  was sorted out to the final production unit it now is before taking any preorder money.
It would be the flavor of the month because it is that good.

I for one am glad I stuck it out,it is special.

I am waiting on my  Ibasso DX100 to use it as a portable setup.

Mar 22, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #4 of 4
I forgot to say that I had an after-market cable built for the JH16s (Whiplash Eclipse) to go with the 3A and to these untrained, amateur hi-fi ears, there was also significant improvement in sound.   Less sibilance; greater frequency extension; more natural deep (very deep!) bass; and much more clarity than the stock cable.

I think it's testament to the 3A and all the other components in my rig, that I rarely visit head-fi anymore.  I think I'm done searching for that great portable sound........my wallet's happy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back