THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even better sound. Just pay shipping.
Mar 8, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #196 of 687
Yes, I converted my AK100 to bypassed resistors, coupled with the Intruder is excellent. A very nice small package of sound.

Mar 12, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #198 of 687
Quote:
Forgive my ignorance, but what is a balanced headphone and what benefits does it bring? Can anyone do it, just by changing the cable?

Thanks....it all sounds very exciting!

There are some good articles to be googled. Basically you are driving the transducer in both directions, positive and negative so normally, when done right, you have better control over the resulting sound. This is for audio but it was originally used for long runs of mic cords and later adapted to the final listening on speaker systems where it is used in the dac to preamp to amp or in headphone systems using this all the way through to the headphone. It also doubles the power available to the drivers since you are driving the positive side and negative side of the signal whereas single ended is using positive drive to a transducer then to ground, so one half the power of balanced.

Mar 17, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #200 of 687
Quote:
Hi fellas, was wondering if anyone has used the intruder with the Grado GS line. Thanks.

I use the HF2 Grados balanced to a very, very good musical end.

Mar 21, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #203 of 687
Quote:
My Intruder is on the way. Together with a balanced cable. Let me just find my .... umph ... big smile :) My DX100 is grinning at me. 

Congrats on that and on those new lcds... 
o2smile.gif

Mar 26, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #205 of 687
Has anyone used these with the Westone 4R??? Thinking about getting these combo.

Mar 27, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #206 of 687
My Intruder is here. I've charged it and I have to say that, even out of the box, with no burn-in, still sounds really good. I mean REALLY GOOD. And boy, does it drive the LCD 2!

Mar 28, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #207 of 687
Quote:
Has anyone used these with the Westone 4R??? Thinking about getting these combo.

I have them and it is seriously good sounding. The Intruder really excels in driving both fullsize cans and sensitive iems. The w4 gets properly killed by my 334s, that combo is awesome to a degree where the w4 sounds boring in comparison to my ears. 

Mar 28, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #208 of 687
Quote:
I have them and it is seriously good sounding. The Intruder really excels in driving both fullsize cans and sensitive iems. The w4 gets properly killed by my 334s, that combo is awesome to a degree where the w4 sounds boring in comparison to my ears. 

I have not found any phone the Intruder will not drive. To listen to the LCD-2's balanced is an enthralling experience.

Mar 28, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #209 of 687
I use the Intruder with everything from my HE-500, to the Westone UM3x to the SM64 and my TDK headphones.  It is the most versitle and "black" sounding amp I have used so far.  I used to miss the bass switch a little that my JDS c421 had but since I got a sony nwz with an LOD it's not a problem since the clear bass function on the sony is so good. 

Getting any sort of "hiss" with the has never been a problem, the three gain settings are really a joy to have.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Apr 1, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #210 of 687
Quote:
Quote:

I have not found any phone the Intruder will not drive. To listen to the LCD-2's balanced is an enthralling experience.

And 20% more so with the 3's..... Buaahhhaaahhhaaaaa ( evil audeze laughter ) 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back