THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even better sound. Just pay shipping.
Feb 9, 2013 at 3:41 AM Post #151 of 687
Quote:
Yep, kind of blows away the competition letting you enjoy the most from your phones and source. Also the adapter, being very light is also solid. I have been using the same one for a few years now and imagine it will easily last the rest of my life. Actually I see no reason it will ever wear out and it takes plenty of abuse.  Those LCD-3's are beautiful. Must hear or have some, some day.

3 out of 4 people who have listened to my lcd3 on the Intruder have started to cry. No kidding, it's that good. 

Feb 9, 2013 at 3:43 AM Post #152 of 687
Quote:
3 out of 4 people who have listened to my lcd3 on the Intruder have started to cry. No kidding, it's that good. 

Oh great, pushing me towards the LCD3 to combo with Intruder. Knock it off! :^)

Feb 9, 2013 at 3:44 AM Post #153 of 687
LOL, sorry bout that!

Feb 9, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #154 of 687
I really don't know if Intruder is better than SR-71B in terms of the SQ. I'd not be using the DAC, but it is handy to have however. Some people said that the Intruder is a refresh version of SR-71B.

Feb 10, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #158 of 687
Any suggestions for a balanced cable to mate the Intruder with HD800's?
confused.gif

Feb 11, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #160 of 687
Quote:

You have not scratched the surface yet my friend.
You are in for a treat once you use the amp in balanced mode. But first you have to wire your phones, Grado & your IEMs in balanced, to get the best sound stage.
If you happen to purchase LCD3 with balanced cable terminated to my balanced connector then you will enjoy your Intruder way more.

Ray.  Thank you kindly for the info and encouragement.  I am looking forward to some balanced headphones in the future.

Feb 11, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #161 of 687
Quote:
Any suggestions for a balanced cable to mate the Intruder with HD800's?
confused.gif

HD800 has 4 wires cable, that can easily be converted to balanced with out replacing the cable. I have done that to my own HD800 & it sounds great.
Send it to Drew at Moon Audio, he has the Ray Samuels balanced connectors.

Feb 12, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #162 of 687
Quote:
All the new SR-71B shipping now have been modified with better enhanced sound quality plus the higher gain matching that of the Intruder.
Ray Samuels

Ray,

I still am enjoying the Intruder very much.  I was wondering if the upgrade to the SR-71B sonics you mentioned also is being applied to the Dark Star?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back