The inside of ACS T1 (old vision) shocked me when I opened it..And now I'm confused.....
Mar 13, 2014 at 2:24 AM Post #16 of 25
  Thx for your advise...but Scheinhardt Lab is not a dealer...they make the whole Line up of ACS for German orders. I've tried to contact to ACS UK but they turned me to the Scheinhardt again.....

Sorry to hear that. I know I'm not solving anything by saying this, but perhaps you shouldn't have been too hasty in opening up the earpieces. Have you tried contacting the German Lab after the incident? 
  pleased to hear happy to see
etysmile.gif
what a shame for a uk company

I partially agree with your statement, but ACS UK was perhaps one of the most courteous UK companies that I've had the pleasure of dealing with. The poor QC of the German Lab might be partly their fault, but it's quite clear there's not a lot they could do if the pair was made in Germany since it's more of a responsibility of the franchising lab. I'm sure ACS UK would set things right should the earpieces be made in the UK instead, and a lot of other T1 owners could chime in with me on this point. 

Mar 13, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #17 of 25
Considering the price they wanted for repairs, I would've opened them myself, too. With regards to warranty, I would think a company wouldn't make a fuss about it considering that these seem like they were put together incorrectly, which is downright shocking considering the price. For a company to argue that these have a voided warranty so they won't address the issue would reflect really poorly on their integrity, IMO.

Imagine if he had sent them in for repairs and they charged him 400 Euros to put them together like they should have been from the start and he wouldn't have known any better. Shady stuff.

Mar 13, 2014 at 3:06 AM Post #18 of 25
  Firstly I must be honest to say that I've got no good impressions of ACS T1(old vision)...the bass quality is even worth then  some $50-IEMs. So I try my best to avoid to review it in this thread...

My ACS T1 was found broken for weeks. And I contacted the Scheinhardt Lab(where I had my T1 made in Germany). The people there told me that the fix could cost 100-400 Euros....It's simply to expensive if I need to pay 400 euros for repairing when the IEM itself costed only 790 euros.

So I decided to open it myself to see what ever on earth happened inside and try to fix it, Then I can find someone remold it.

But,but,but.....when I opened it I was totally shocked! Where's the crossover system?! What I saw was only drivers and wires,but no chips for frequency divider...
Before I bought it I read from their website that it was a 3-way but now what
confused.gif
?

When I tested te drivers I was shocked to death....
It should be 3-driver-system but only 2 of them worked!! Each side got one driver free.

I payed nearly 800 Euros willing to buy 3-driver, 3-way-system, but what I got was a 2-driver, 1-way-system
mad.gif
.....Now I see why the bass got an ugly performance...

So is there anyone also use this IEM? How do you like it? Who can tell me what happened to this poor IEM before ACS got their line- up updated????

You need to post some pictures. Sometimes, things aren't as they appear.

Mar 22, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #20 of 25

Yes, Exactly! I got an old ACS T1 for remold right now, I will compare your findings soon. But to me it sounds like you've missed capacitor(s) when dismantling your IEMs.

Hey, I'm really interested in your harmony series, when will it come???...and what did you find by opening the ACS T1?I really need your infors about this....

Mar 22, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #22 of 25
That's just one of the reasons I prefer to have a portion of my CIEM's clear acrylic - or at least a transparent color.....

Mar 30, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #24 of 25
Heh, so apparently my customer was a bit of scammed - not by ACS though. He bought his old (drivers are from early 2007) ACS second hand as T1 but inside there are only two drivers which means those are T2. Crossover here is perfectly fine - one driver working as a fullrange with natural roll off and second driver with cap as a tweeter making it legit 2way.

OP, could you post pictures of drivers from your ACS?

[Edit]Oh... I think I know the answer to the whole problem here!
Were your T1 made after 2010?

If so, you ACS should be equipped with CI and TWFK drivers which means that if a one cap is used on parallel connected TWFK you get strange construction which is 2way electrically but with additional woofer 3-way acoustically, because 3 different drivers are playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back