the infamous shure 530se cables
Apr 29, 2011 at 12:18 PM Post #16 of 33
Could be risky trying to trick them like this, I'm sure they have ways to tell!  You wouldn't want them just taking the headphones you send in and keeping them, that would be even worse.  Honestly, I'd say it's probably just best to play it safe - it would really be quite a gamble to try finding a loophole in their warranty, not to mention borderline criminal if it does work.

Apr 29, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #17 of 33
Hey jinx, the four digit number does end with a 6, but on the flip side there are five or six smaller numbers that are just visible, although a magnifying glass would be needed to make these out. Loving your efforts again m8.

Apr 29, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #18 of 33

Quote:
Could be risky trying to trick them like this, I'm sure they have ways to tell!  You wouldn't want them just taking the headphones you send in and keeping them, that would be even worse.  Honestly, I'd say it's probably just best to play it safe - it would really be quite a gamble to try finding a loophole in their warranty, not to mention borderline criminal if it does work.

as said earlier it is crafty lol however its an option, as i say it is naughty but whats a man to do when he's got a pair of earphones costing him a lot of money and they wont be exchanged because of no warranty even tho shure know it would happen. your right tho it is a trick but shure are forcing you to try something they are basically telling you all you can do is throw them away lol sorry shure id be willing to pull a fast one im afraid. i dont think they would have the right to confiscate your earphones as you have paid for them your just being put in a tricky situation, desperate tactics are a must.

Apr 29, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #20 of 33

Quote:
Hey jinx, the four digit number does end with a 6, but on the flip side there are five or six smaller numbers that are just visible, although a magnifying glass would be needed to make these out. Loving your efforts again m8.

yep 9 times out of 10 those made in 2006 will have a problem eventually.oh well thats exhausted that route then i have no idea what those numbers are for.
im not sure what else to suggest brother but i do wish you the best with it.

Apr 29, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #21 of 33
I have a set of the E500s that are doing the same thing.  Shure has offered to sell me a new pair of 535s for 240.00.  I guess that is the best route since I have had custom ear tips made and would hate to throw those out with the E500s.  Seems insane to throw out those awesome headphones just because of a cracked cable but looks like it's the best bet.  

Apr 29, 2011 at 12:43 PM Post #22 of 33
Had a brainwave and am currently in the process of bending the truth, its a little naughty, but its not an hanging offence i`m sure. lol. Dont want to post my actions just yet as you never know, "the walls have ears". If this brings me desired result i will defo share it here with whoever may be interested. Not got much confidence in my tactics, as i have more trust in an alligator with a taste for blood than i do with shure, but he-ho, we did`nt win wars playing by the rules. Jinx has turned me into a monster, theres no retreating now. :)

Apr 29, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #23 of 33

Quote:
I have a set of the E500s that are doing the same thing.  Shure has offered to sell me a new pair of 535s for 240.00.  I guess that is the best route since I have had custom ear tips made and would hate to throw those out with the E500s.  Seems insane to throw out those awesome headphones just because of a cracked cable but looks like it's the best bet.  

You could always offer to sell them at a greatly reduced price.  I'm sure somebody would want to buy them so they can reshell them as customs.  Either that or you could have them reshelled yourself.

Apr 29, 2011 at 12:45 PM Post #24 of 33

Quote:

have they offered to sell you those at 240 without the exchange, if so why dont you ask for a discount in exchange for your old ones, although 240 is already a discount its a very good price it would be a great investment as the se535 are a huge improvement over the e500/se530 just simply for the replaceable cable, this fact alone is enough to put your mind at rest about warranty. i say go for it.

Apr 29, 2011 at 1:04 PM Post #25 of 33
If shure had offered me the 535 for £240 without returning the 530s i would also go for it, unsure as to where you are based, if you kno someone in the US it may be worth trying that route, like i posted earlier, not 100% on this, but could be worth a go. Hope you find a fix.

Apr 29, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #26 of 33

Quote:
Had a brainwave and am currently in the process of bending the truth, its a little naughty, but its not an hanging offence i`m sure. lol. Dont want to post my actions just yet as you never know, "the walls have ears". If this brings me desired result i will defo share it here with whoever may be interested. Not got much confidence in my tactics, as i have more trust in an alligator with a taste for blood than i do with shure, but he-ho, we did`nt win wars playing by the rules. Jinx has turned me into a monster, theres no retreating now. :)

just remember if your bending the truth about how they got damaged etc they already know the cables crack. but apart from that good luck hope a couple of white lies gets you the earphones you have paid good money for. oh and theres no problems with being a monster, no little fairies ever got what they deserved by dropping the whole thing.

Apr 29, 2011 at 1:46 PM Post #27 of 33
Nice one jinx, not lying about the iem fault, just require them to miss a little detail at that end, it is a long shot, but it has happened. I will owe my informant a rather large one if this plan works, also the world will be a much better place and be rid of a monster that could well threaten existence to all mankind and fairies. You all should keep your fingers crossed out there?

Apr 29, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #28 of 33
Holy moly why is it so expensive over there!?!
£270 + your old set for an upgrade to the 535s - that's a joke tbh.

DO WAT YOU MUST. Best of luck to ya
biggrin.gif

Apr 29, 2011 at 5:15 PM Post #29 of 33
Over the years I've seen a few post's from people who had their SE530's re-cabled. I believe Null Audio and Whiplash Audio offer re-cabling services. I would get the reshelled  into customs.

Apr 29, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #30 of 33
Thanks to all head-fi`s, if i do not get the miracle that i am striving for, then the majority of feedback from you guys is pushing me towards the reshelled option, even though i do find the fit of the 530 "good enough". Reshelled customs?  Are they really that good, is the difference in quality of sound that much greater? I have no idea on the price of this to? A previous post stated the 530`s were "gettin on a bit" which i agree with, could £250 buy me better iem`s than these originally were anyway? Would like to hear from some of you who have had any 530 work
done recently. Can anyone point me in the direction of a UK based reshelling company? Even a recable company in the UK will be a start, i need options? I`ve done a little browsing on here & some of the posts are quite old, its maybe me being stupid, but i`m new to forum`s and not yet up to speed, u guys are lucky to have head_fi-usa, there is very limited access to forums in UK as large as yours, i cannot seem to find any UK based providers, this does not surprise me, as the countrys going tits up. lol. Maybe i`m looking in the wrong places, please feel free to right my wrongs..Hoping some brit head-fi`s are lurking on here, no disrespect to all else, but hoping some local help will benefit me.. I need help, i`m going crazy, the 530`s are hours away from completely breaking on me and got no back up iem`s.. :-/  If i do have to go oversea`s for the work, then so be it, where do most of you audioheads send yours for reshell/recable? How much approx?     Jesus, theres alot of question marks in this post, here`s a few more for luck?????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back