The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Jun 30, 2012 at 3:13 AM Post #5,131 of 9,235
FWIW, I purchased a pair of Monster Miles Davis Tribute from Monsterproducts on Ebay. The pair I received do not sound anywhere near as good as my Monster Turbine Pro Golds.. I am going to return them.. Are they legit? I have no idea, they look like it, but they don't sound like $500 headphones to me..

Also, I am in agreement, the AKG K422 was a very good buy for $23 beans!!! They sound very nice, even if they lack deep bass a little...

Jun 30, 2012 at 3:17 AM Post #5,132 of 9,235
Quote:
FWIW, I purchased a pair of Monster Miles Davis Tribute from Monsterproducts on Ebay. The pair I received do not sound anywhere near as good as my Monster Turbine Pro Golds.. I am going to return them.. Are they legit? I have no idea, they look like it, but they don't sound like $500 headphones to me..

Also, I am in agreement, the AKG K422 was a very good buy for $23 beans!!! They sound very nice, even if they lack deep bass a little...

Yep, that's exactly how I felt about them, they're very dark to the point everything sounds slightly muffled or smokey. is the treble almost nonexistent? mine was.  I prefer my regular turbines over them. Don't worry they would be legit, MDT are simply all dressed up with no where to go imo.

Jun 30, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #5,133 of 9,235
I am returning my k422's for another. The left driver is a bit louder than the right driver (i regularly have my ears cleaned and there is no imbalance in my other headphones) and that drives me fairly nuts when listening to vocals that SHOULD be smack in the middle but is off to the left a bit.

Otherwise they have been fantastic. Light, comfortable and a sound that is fun without diminishing detail.

Jun 30, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #5,134 of 9,235
Quote:
I am returning my k422's for another. The left driver is a bit louder than the right driver (i regularly have my ears cleaned and there is no imbalance in my other headphones) and that drives me fairly nuts when listening to vocals that SHOULD be smack in the middle but is off to the left a bit.

Otherwise they have been fantastic. Light, comfortable and a sound that is fun without diminishing detail.

I had to return my pair for a similar reason.  The Right Driver seemed Muddy and slow compaired to the left.  They were quick to send me a new pair, though I have not tried the replacement pair yet.

Jun 30, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #5,136 of 9,235
Quote:
Yep, that's exactly how I felt about them, they're very dark to the point everything sounds slightly muffled or smokey. is the treble almost nonexistent? mine was.  I prefer my regular turbines over them. Don't worry they would be legit, MDT are simply all dressed up with no where to go imo.

Yes, they are dark and muddy for sure. However, I don't see the highs rolled off too bad.. but the mud down below is intolerable. There is no way in Gods creation these were ever worth even one quarter of the $499 MSRP. I've heard headphones that were less than $20 that sounded better.

Quote:

Mine seem well balanced, but the bass is not very extended (deep). Other than that, they are really great.. maybe after break in the bass will extend a little? In any case, they are definitely a keeper.. I should have bought a couple pair..

Jul 1, 2012 at 1:52 AM Post #5,139 of 9,235
Quote:
http://mobile.dailysteals.com/?utm_source=DailySteals.com+-+Deal+of+the+Day&utm_campaign=6f82da00f1-7_1_2012_Sunday_5_Deals_6_30_2012&utm_medium=email

I
 have no clue how these earbuds sound.  Amazon reviews seem to suggest that it needs amplification to be properly driven, which isn't that much of an issue to us on head-fi.  Anyone have any thoughts?  

These are excerpts from 
http://www.gadgetreview.com/2009/12/pineapple-electronics-rumble-kw-vibrating-earbuds-review.html and your link as well:

Bone Conduction Transducer; music travels through bones
4D Motion Sound: depth, height, width and feel

Looking for a new pair of earbuds?  Look further. 

Their whole gimmick is that they vibrate in your ears to the music.  In theory,  it “sounds” like a great idea, but in reality they make a mockery of sound reproduction with their muddy as all hell bass and almost non existent treble and mid range.

They use the new fangled “Bone Conduction” technology to deliver the sound and it sh(bl)ows. 

The main problem with the vibrating feature is that they pretty much vibrate out of your ears.  They are also really ticklish and make you feel like there is something itching at your inner ear.  Every once in a while I enjoyed the vibrating bass, but it was really more annoying than anything.

and so on...

2 vibrators for under 15$...the possibilities

Jul 2, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #5,143 of 9,235
Quote:
www.EarphoneSolutions.com
4th of July Sale - Now through 7/8!
Our Biggest Sale of the Year!
25% OFF site-wide* with coupon code RED25
* Excludes Klipsch, Grado and Sennheiser.

Seeing this post is going to cost me hundreds and hundreds...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back