The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Sep 14, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #5,566 of 9,235
I'm sadly not as excited about the HF3s I got as some of the other posters here. I'm giving them a chance for a couple more days but I think come next week I will be putting them in the for-sale forum...

Sep 14, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #5,567 of 9,235
I'm sadly not as excited about the HF3s I got as some of the other posters here. I'm giving them a chance for a couple more days but I think come next week I will be putting them in the for-sale forum...

I'll buy em...

You've got a PM

Jim

Sep 14, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #5,570 of 9,235
Quote:
What you don't like about them?  Are you a hip-hop listener?

LOL, no. If anything, they're a little warm for my taste. It's more that the earphones themselves annoy me: the short cable, the remote (which I don't need), the fit, etc. They are good SQ for the price but I place a high value on comfort, too. I have ears which are hard to fit IEMs.

Jim, I actually have multiple PMs already... haven't read them yet. If I decide to sell in a few days I will be giving preference to non-US buyers since they can't get them directly.

Sep 14, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #5,571 of 9,235
LOL, no. If anything, they're a little warm for my taste. It's more that the earphones themselves annoy me: the short cable, the remote (which I don't need), the fit, etc. They are good SQ for the price but I place a high value on comfort, too. I have ears which are hard to fit IEMs.

Jim, I actually have multiple PMs already... haven't read them yet. If I decide to sell in a few days I will be giving preference to non-US buyers since they can't get them directly.

That sounds very fair...

I like your thinking.

Thanks, Jim

Sep 14, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #5,572 of 9,235
Quote:

Some people with small ear canals find them uncomfortable, I have HUGE canals the big triple flange tip is the one that fits me really well.

I know you won't have any problems selling them.

P.S. Someone mentioned that BestBuy was selling these on their stores, funny thing that I go there every week and I have never seen them on sale there.

Sep 14, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #5,574 of 9,235
I use the Klipsch medium and large single flang tips, they are the only tips that are not uncomfortable, they are actually the most comfortable iem's I have used next to my x10i's, they fit exactly the same but with more isolation, I listen to underground hip-hop and these sound great if you are using a headphone amp or sound card, if you are running it straight out of an ipod these can lack bass for bass heavy genres but still sound great in my opinion, these sound warm to you?

Sep 14, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #5,575 of 9,235
Mine HF3 are showing up today! Earlier today, my Etymotic tip kit arrived. How cool is that timing?

Sep 14, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #5,576 of 9,235
Sep 14, 2012 at 9:37 PM Post #5,578 of 9,235
Quote:
Fellow Canadians, cowboom doesn't take non-US Paypal OR non-US address credit cards so we are SOL on this one.... time to call in that favour from your American BFF!

Well I just got my hf3's and there's no way I'm keeping these. They are making the mids on my triplefi's seem super-recessed. :frowning2:

If any of you non-US people want my pair .... PM me and we can discuss the shipping costs.

Considering some advice from Astroturf... I suppose I'll give them more them another chance.

Sep 14, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #5,579 of 9,235
Quote:

Well I just got my hf3's and there's no way I'm keeping these. They are making the mids on my triplefi's seem super-recessed. :frowning2:

If any of you non-US people want my pair .... PM me and we can discuss the shipping costs.

Really? I mean... No Really?

That was quick, could you be more clear on what they did or didn't do for you?

Thanks, Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back