The hornet Gallery shots.
Jan 11, 2006 at 11:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

RnB180

Member of the Trade: RnB Audio
enjoy the eye candy. I should post impressions of the unit sometime this week or next. Really nice performing unit gear in such a tiny package.

I R teh Hornet
hornet8.jpg

rechargeable
hornet7.jpg

Tiny!
Hornet5.jpg

Back plate, everything lined up.
hornet6.jpg

Good sound in a small package
hornet4.jpg

I R teh tiny
hornet3.jpg

welcome to the big boys
hornet2.jpg

onix-xcd-99 with opamp opa627bp mods, wbt next gen rca jack mod
when your cables are heavier then the hornet, you know youre in for portable amp goodness.
hornet1.jpg

Jan 12, 2006 at 9:01 AM Post #3 of 9
Its actually a hornet on loan. I wanted to hear how a fully burned in Hornet sounds. I will share my impressions of a 400 hour burned in Hornet some time this week or next week. Ive been real busy lately.

Both amps excell another different things and provide a totally different sound signature, so its up to you, if you plan on doing a lot of stationary listening, the micro amp is up your alley.

if you plan on taking the amp on the go in your pocket for your morning commute on the bus the Hornet is for you.

Jan 12, 2006 at 9:17 AM Post #5 of 9
thanks,
before I personally got a hold of one in my grubby little hands, rear shots of the hornet and close ups were far and few between. A lot of front face plate shots, so I thought Id post some super macro detailed shots of the front face plate and the rear face plate, which seems to be missing from 100s of pics online. Thought maybe someone would be interested in seeing more rear panel shots.

At first I was concerned about the rear panel lining up, but Ray assured me it was not an issue, as soon as I received it, he was right, So I thought Id post the pics to show.

Macro pics so sharp you can see the milling marks on the volume knob, the texture of the metal case and the ink borders of the screen print lettering
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back