The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread
Jun 25, 2016 at 3:16 AM Post #4,996 of 6,342
Dear All,

this is my first post in this GS-X/GS-X MK2 thread. I just yesterday received my new black, shiny GS-X MK2. After having read all the stories in this thread of excessive waiting times for the GS-X MK2, I was more than pleased to see how swiftly my order was processed by Justin. I ordered the amp on May 25th and it was picked up at HeadAmp on June 22nd! Delivery by FedEx was extremely fast, and it arrived at my location in Switzerland early in the morning of June 24th. And this all the way from Virginia to Switzerland! In the afternoon of the same day I held the precious package in my hands. It felt very good!

The entire process from ordering to delivery went so quickly that I hadn't have the time of getting some balanced XLR's from my DAC to the GS-X MK2, neither hat I time to order balanced cables for my HD800. Will do that immediately. Nevertheless, I was eager to try the amp out in single-ended mode. DAC is a wonderful Italian Aqua La Voce S2, going into the amp and single-ended onto my HD800.

The amp sounds wonderfully! Extremely detailed from a totally black background. Compared to my previous Woo Audio WA6-SE, the GSX-MK2 plays in another league. Even though these are only first listening impressions, I am totally taken by the beautiful sound of this amp!

Well done, Justin!

Jun 25, 2016 at 5:50 AM Post #4,997 of 6,342
Justin says my order will ship this week. Have not received any shipping info and none of my email are replied. Sigh...

Jun 25, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #4,998 of 6,342
Dear All,

this is my first post in this GS-X/GS-X MK2 thread. I just yesterday received my new black, shiny GS-X MK2. After having read all the stories in this thread of excessive waiting times for the GS-X MK2, I was more than pleased to see how swiftly my order was processed by Justin. I ordered the amp on May 25th and it was picked up at HeadAmp on June 22nd! Delivery by FedEx was extremely fast, and it arrived at my location in Switzerland early in the morning of June 24th. And this all the way from Virginia to Switzerland! In the afternoon of the same day I held the precious package in my hands. It felt very good!

The entire process from ordering to delivery went so quickly that I hadn't have the time of getting some balanced XLR's from my DAC to the GS-X MK2, neither hat I time to order balanced cables for my HD800. Will do that immediately. Nevertheless, I was eager to try the amp out in single-ended mode. DAC is a wonderful Italian Aqua La Voce S2, going into the amp and single-ended onto my HD800.

The amp sounds wonderfully! Extremely detailed from a totally black background. Compared to my previous Woo Audio WA6-SE, the GSX-MK2 plays in another league. Even though these are only first listening impressions, I am totally taken by the beautiful sound of this amp!

Well done, Justin!

Great to hear, licking my chops for mine. Touring europe. Right now, in neuremberg at present, so no rush for me. Just occasional smiles of anticipation.

Jun 25, 2016 at 7:56 AM Post #4,999 of 6,342
Great to hear, licking my chops for mine. Touring europe. Right now, in neuremberg at present, so no rush for me. Just occasional smiles of anticipation.

Enjoy Europe, Whazzzup! What a nice return to the US with a Gsx Mk2 waiting for at your doorstep!

Jun 26, 2016 at 4:15 AM Post #5,001 of 6,342
Hi all,
Quote:
  Dear All,

Well done, Justin!

Congrats @biosailor

My opinion with the kind of source like La Voce is that it isn't obvious that going balanced from this dac to the amp will bring a noticeable sound quality difference. Those so highly musical sources are yet very good SE.

Connecting your HD800 balanced is more interesting since the GSX-mk2 double the V in this case.

Jun 26, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #5,002 of 6,342
  Congrats @biosailor

My opinion with the kind of source like La Voce is that it isn't obvious that going balanced from this dac to the amp will bring a noticeable sound quality difference. Those so highly musical sources are yet very good SE.

Connecting your HD800 balanced is more interesting since the GSX-mk2 double the V in this case.

Yeah, that's exactly what I think with regards to the DAC. I'm really curious to see how the HD800 sounds in balanced mode!

Jun 29, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #5,003 of 6,342
Gratz to all new GSX owners
beerchug.gif

I have a curious question what serial # are we up to?

Jun 30, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #5,005 of 6,342
Mine is #115, got it in January this year.

Wow ok cool, I didn't think it would be over 100 yet. mine is #14

I wonder if Justin has made any changes or improvements over the last few years with the GSX, I know of 3, the top plates have holes instead of slits for ventilation, and the rubber feet are 3 instead of 4, and for loopout GSX doesn't need to be powered.

Jun 30, 2016 at 7:14 AM Post #5,006 of 6,342
My GSX MK2 arrived today! Plug in my LCD4, been listening whole day and still not fatigue yet. Have to say its the best combo i ever heard.

Thx Justin for your hard work and now i understood you must be too busy to work on this piece of art and no time for other things. Again, appreciate Justin!

Jun 30, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #5,008 of 6,342
My GSX MK2 arrived today! Plug in my LCD4, been listening whole day and still not fatigue yet. Have to say its the best combo i ever heard.

Thx Justin for your hard work and now i understood you must be too busy to work on this piece of art and no time for other things. Again, appreciate Justin!

Really nice setup archeryc, at one stage I was thinking of getting the Zodiac but I ended up with the Femto instead, mainly because of snapping it up at half price, I really do like the Femto's sound signature but it's footprint isn't ideal. The Zodiac looks and footprint would of been better, however I still to audition it to compare, maybe one of these days......

Jun 30, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #5,009 of 6,342
Covering up the ventilation holes of the amplifier itself is not a great idea :wink:

Haha this photo was taken right after i open the box and setup the gears. After an hour i found the GSX can have some heat, now i place my DAC and GSX horizontally. :wink:

Jun 30, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #5,010 of 6,342
Really nice setup archeryc, at one stage I was thinking of getting the Zodiac but I ended up with the Femto instead, mainly because of snapping it up at half price, I really do like the Femto's sound signature but it's footprint isn't ideal. The Zodiac looks and footprint would of been better, however I still to audition it to compare, maybe one of these days......

Either of them wont be wrong decision at this price tbh. I dont think there is much different regarding sound quality at this price range of DAC lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back