The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread
Aug 7, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #1,546 of 6,342
Quote:
Yep - plenty of time to prepare everything else and recable my cans.

I don't see any pictures here of the back side of the MK2. Could a current owner post a pic? I'm curious how the input/outputs have changed since the original MK1.

Today I need to take some pic's for insurance purposes, I will upload some here as well

Aug 8, 2013 at 1:00 AM Post #1,548 of 6,342
Hey now, some of us are still waiting for ours. :p

Aug 8, 2013 at 4:06 AM Post #1,551 of 6,342
I guess if you email Justin, he maybe willing to sort out the price difference issue for you.
tongue.gif

Thank you for the suggestion, but I was more than willing to pay the price of the Aristaeus which was $1123.75 ( quarter ) when I placed the order, so I don't think it would be proper of me to ask Justin if he'd offer me the price difference of what the Aristaeus is now. However if he was willing to do that, I wouldn't refuse.
I stand corrected, I made the remaining payment for the Aristaeus two months after the first payment not one month that I wrote in my previous post.

Aug 8, 2013 at 4:34 AM Post #1,552 of 6,342
Aug 8, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #1,553 of 6,342
The best dac to recommend with this amp is really any dac .

Any dac that you have at hand will do .

This amp will not let any dac down , this amp is not a limiting factor .

If you like the basic sound signature of the dac you have settled on, this amp will amplify with surefooted strength.
ksc75smile.gif

If you don't like the sound of your dac this amp will not suddenly make you love it because it is true to the source , it is strong in all aspects of the sound .

I have not found this amp to make up for any dac's weakness .
rolleyes.gif

If you suddenly love the dac  you disliked before, via another amp, now  playing through this amp it can mean only one thing , your previous amp has issues.

This amp is quite versatile , it will accept rca or xlr  input .

Because it is versatile with many phones your options are endless , ok not quite, it cant drive Stax.

I have a few dac's I like and this amp links then very well,  my favourite is my ..........
wink_face.gif
     Meitner ma 1 dac

Users who are viewing this thread

Back