The hate on beats, why?
Jan 12, 2014 at 3:28 AM Post #136 of 1,217
If you wear Beats you're a clueless tool who blindly follows what everyone else does, also if you wear them and ENJOY them you have not experienced good quality headphones and everyone here at Head-Fi secretly pities you.

When you buy these trash phones you are really just buying into a marketing scheme and a fashion statement, nothing else.

Dr. Dre simply cashed out on America's stupidity, something that isn't really a new tactic here lol.

Jan 12, 2014 at 4:43 AM Post #137 of 1,217
If you wear Beats you're a clueless tool who blindly follows what everyone else does, also if you wear them and ENJOY them you have not experienced good quality headphones and everyone here at Head-Fi secretly pities you.

When you buy these trash phones you are really just buying into a marketing scheme and a fashion statement, nothing else.

Dr. Dre simply cashed out on America's stupidity, something that isn't really a new tactic here lol.

I read that post 3 times trying to find evidence of a "tounge in cheek", but disappointingly there isn't, ist there?

Referring to anybody who uses a particular brand of anything as a "clueless tool" is just simply immature. All the more so given you appear not to have posted anything at all to back up your hatred of Beats.

Personally I'm more likely to take onboard the writings of this fellow, who not only has Beats, but also a list as long as your arm of highly respected cans, and can therefore be considered to have a good experience with which to make a meaningful contribution, rather than the oft repeated, demeaning comment towards Beats users that you've just made.

I really like the M100 the Bass really did it for me but the Mids sounded so dull and weird and lacked musicality. I would even say the Studios do a few things better.

I have to admit my first, and only, experience with beats (solos) was when I was looking for a replacement set of portables - they were pretty awful and I ended up walking away with a pair of AKG430s as they were way better in every department at a third of the cost. However that was then, this is now, and it would appear by some of the posts in this thread that Beats are getting their act together now they've gone their seperate way from Monster, and are producing resonable cans, albiet still somewhat overpriced.

Jan 12, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #138 of 1,217
I think people wanna hate on Beats , because it gives those haters a sense of superiority, because they believe they are not ignorant, that their perception of audio quality is greater ,and that their musical experiences are somehow  more ecstatic than the poor people listening to Beats. And because they are popular for whatever reasons. 

The funny thing is that the people wearing Beats are probably thinking the same thing about those that are not wearing  Beats.

I heard some Beats at a music festival, and awful or terrible would not be adjectives I would have used, I thought they were alright. If they were the only headphones in my house and I needed to go for a walk, I would have no hesitation putting them on.,

I have yet to hear an awful headphone, and that's coming from the orange padded headphones that came with the Sony Walkman cassette player, to the Apple earbuds, to where I am now, 

All I remembered was the songs I loved,  sounded oh so very goooooood, through whatever headphone I had on me. 

Jan 12, 2014 at 5:28 AM Post #139 of 1,217
I have listened to 2 different models of Beats, and each one sounded like a bucket of gross fail.

The bass was so predominant and woolly that there was no hope of enjoyment unless you like severe distortion with your music.

If you like mud with your music, get beats.

Jan 12, 2014 at 5:29 AM Post #140 of 1,217
  They have a bad price to performance ratio and have muddied everything. There's the bass then you get unclear mids and highs. For that wad of cash you could get better gear.

Really? I take it you have not heard the whole line? The only beats that sound muddy are

Solo HD
Original Studios
Beats wireless

the

Mixr
Pro
Studio 2013
Executive

are all pretty decent headphones, I really like the new Studios! not keen on the design and the build though.

If you are going to hate on beats then you might as well hate on V-Moda too because they are the same tier of headphones. Beats pro and studio 2013 compete with the M100 and are comparable in price! The Crossfade LP and LP2 are the same SQ as the original studios and also here in the UK the same price(LP2) M80 and beats Mixr and around the same tier although the M80 is a bit more balanced but they are the same quality and similar priced!

Beats have introduced so many people to the world of high end audio too! sp overall they are good for getting headphones into the spot light and helping people want to experience better gear when some want an upgrade.

Jan 12, 2014 at 5:49 AM Post #141 of 1,217

Really? I take it you have not heard the whole line? The only beats that sound muddy are

Solo HD
Original Studios
Beats wireless

the

Mixr
Pro
Studio 2013
Executive

are all pretty decent headphones, I really like the new Studios! not keen on the design and the build though.

If you are going to hate on beats then you might as well hate on V-Moda too because they are the same tier of headphones. Beats pro and studio 2013 compete with the M100 and are comparable in price! The Crossfade LP and LP2 are the same SQ as the original studios and also here in the UK the same price(LP2) M80 and beats Mixr and around the same tier although the M80 is a bit more balanced but they are the same quality and similar priced!

Beats have introduced so many people to the world of high end audio too! sp overall they are good for getting headphones into the spot light and helping people want to experience better gear when some want an upgrade.

Have you ever heard any other headphone around the $100-$200 category, as they sound infinite times better than beats. You can get much better sound for a half to 3rd of the price. Which is why the community has a problem with them. They are a fashion item, that are generally used by people that only buy things that are in trend to keep up with the latest trends.

Jan 12, 2014 at 7:36 AM Post #142 of 1,217
Look at my Sig..that's half. Stop saying Beats! It's like me saying AKG is better than Sennheiser, it doesn't make sence lol there's many models under that name just like all companies. Let's take the Beats Studio 2013 edition. Find me a headphone that sounds better, has the same features and portablity at the price you just said?

I'll wait :wink:

Also what headphones do you own?

Jan 12, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #143 of 1,217
I think people wanna hate on Beats , because it gives those haters a sense of superiority, because they believe they are not ignorant, that their perception of audio quality is greater ,and that their musical experiences are somehow  more ecstatic than the poor people listening to Beats. And because they are popular for whatever reasons. 

The funny thing is that the people wearing Beats are probably thinking the same thing about those that are not wearing  Beats.

I heard some Beats at a music festival, and awful or terrible would not be adjectives I would have used, I thought they were alright. If they were the only headphones in my house and I needed to go for a walk, I would have no hesitation putting them on.,

I have yet to hear an awful headphone, and that's coming from the orange padded headphones that came with the Sony Walkman cassette player, to the Apple earbuds, to where I am now, 

All I remembered was the songs I loved,  sounded oh so very goooooood, through whatever headphone I had on me. 

I think your first paragraph is spot on.

Jan 12, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #144 of 1,217
Look at my Sig..that's half. Stop saying Beats! It's like me saying AKG is better than Sennheiser, it doesn't make sence lol there's many models under that name just like all companies. Let's take the Beats Studio 2013 edition. Find me a headphone that sounds better, has the same features and portablity at the price you just said?

I'll wait :wink:

Also what headphones do you own?

I think their package is quite impressive now, with the 2013 studio. Someone may find someone else sound better, or build, but as a package, I think the studios are up there.

Hard case, ANC, recharchable battery, better build quality (than the previous model/ the youtube stress test was impressive), sound quality

Jan 12, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #145 of 1,217
You guys have it all wrong, nobody at all is "hating" on Beats. Nobody is jealous of them to begin with. They just sound bad, I mean come on. That, coupled with the fact that they are SO damn popular, represent the ONLY 2 reasons why a lot of people hate them. We're not hipsters or anything like that, it's just how it is.

I listened to a pair my friend had last year and they were just, bad.

Everything sounded recessed and the bass quality was poor.

That's it, I mean maybe in 2014 they have improved there lineup but that doesn't make up for the millions of scammed dollars they have made from there trash lineup, especially when they were first released.

In America if you make something look good and make a bunch of famous people use it, you have a recipe for success and $$$.

Jan 12, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #146 of 1,217
You guys have it all wrong, nobody at all is "hating" on Beats. Nobody is jealous of them to begin with. They just sound bad, I mean come on. That, coupled with the fact that they are SO damn popular, represent the ONLY 2 reasons why a lot of people hate them. We're not hipsters or anything like that, it's just how it is.

I listened to a pair my friend had last year and they were just, bad.

Everything sounded recessed and the bass quality was poor.

That's it, I mean maybe in 2014 they have improved there lineup but that doesn't make up for the millions of scammed dollars they have made from there trash lineup, especially when they were first released.

In America if you make something look good and make a bunch of famous people use it, you have a recipe for success and $$$.
What Headphones do you own?

Jan 12, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #147 of 1,217

Solo HD
Original Studios
Beats wireless

the

Mixr
Pro
Studio 2013
Executive

Studios are muddy muddy muddy. Mixrs are uncomfortable for me, pros are heavy, and I haven't tried execs.

Jan 12, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #148 of 1,217
The Studio 2013 are not muddy at all.

Jan 12, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #149 of 1,217
I really don't mind the 2013 Studios either. If I had a few Best Buy coupons and if the NC actually worked, I'd be tempted. But I don't think the Pro and M100 are comparable. I think the Pros are much less controlled than the already rather uncontrolled M100.

And what Beats did you listen to (referring to thisissomebs)? I don't think it's very constructive to lump them all together. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back