The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Oct 31, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #7,921 of 12,991
Hi fellow bassheads, ive been here for quite sometimes. It's time for me to try a neutral headphone. Will be picking up HD800 today. My TH600 mojo+C5 is still with me when i want to crush the bass. I just dont loke the lack of mids when im listening to vocal+instrument songs. Hope this HD800 will be the end game for me :sweat_smile:

Oct 31, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #7,923 of 12,991

I complain of comfort on the JVC. And yes, they're not as good as EMU/Fostex/Denon overall. The later variants are SO MUCH MORE COMFY. I know this cuz I tried all pads on the JVC I could.

But remember what we discussed. They say in our town "Spend little and you'll always be crying. Spend a good amount and you just cry once".

Still recommend the EMU if u can get em. Worth it.

Look at this: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/survey-foster-443742-variants-subjective-listening-tests-denon-ah-d5000-massdrop-fostex-th#Akw7HhiWGvlrBGYi.97

This guy, matters in the audiophile world. Take it from him if not me.

Interesting that he straight up said the 900's suck.
In fact he really didn't like any of them except the EMUs. I guess he sorta liked the 00's but really was only singing praises for the EMUs.

Opinions and all, not like I really care what others think, I like to find out on my own, but I am intrigued by those phones now.

Intrigued... is good. Yeah I picked up the EMUs and reviewed them much before this video. I do guess I did kind of hit a home-run coincidentally. I am content with them, regardless. The only thing I'm eyeing now are STAX.

Oct 31, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #7,924 of 12,991
  The E-MU wooden series got my interest after reading these posts, how would you rate their bass, specially compared to the TH X00's ? What is the bassiest cup ? Can the E-MU be called "basshead" headphones ?

Can't speak for the EMUs but if you're interested in the X00's the Purple Heart version is bassiest. I have both versions, it doesn't differ by a lot though. I'd rec these for anyone with an aversion to veil but still looking for some pretty damn juicy low end, I have them hooked up to my iCan Micro with bass switch flipped on and it's heaven. They work fine with a lot of genres also, I can't really imagine a better all rounder for clarity seeking bass lovers that doesn't completely break the bank.

It also might be worth waiting for the Kannons to come out, Hawaiibadboy said on his review that it's almost SZ2K levels of slam, even deeper extention with no interference in the other spectrum as it's taction technology that causes the sensation. I am surprised that there isn't more anticipation/talk about them to be honest if what he said is true (and i'm sure it is with his level of experience)

Oct 31, 2016 at 11:32 PM Post #7,925 of 12,991

Can't speak for the EMUs but if you're interested in the X00's the Purple Heart version is bassiest. I have both versions, it doesn't differ by a lot though. I'd rec these for anyone with an aversion to veil but still looking for some pretty damn juicy low end, I have them hooked up to my iCan Micro with bass switch flipped on and it's heaven. They work fine with a lot of genres also, I can't really imagine a better all rounder for clarity seeking bass lovers that doesn't completely break the bank.

You defined well what i'm looking for. Will try to get a pair of those.

About the Kannons, they doesn't seem to update very frequently their production status. Anyone know if they will be able to deliver like expected this month ? I'm not familiar with kickstarter but i guess if i place an order now i will be at the bottom of the list and will have to wait even longer to get the headphones ?

Nov 1, 2016 at 3:56 AM Post #7,927 of 12,991

The E-MU wooden series got my interest after reading these posts, how would you rate their bass, specially compared to the TH X00's ? What is the bassiest cup ? Can the E-MU be called "basshead" headphones ?

It also might be worth waiting for the Kannons to come out, Hawaiibadboy said on his review that it's almost SZ2K levels of slam, even deeper extention with no interference in the other spectrum as it's taction technology that causes the sensation. I am surprised that there isn't more anticipation/talk about them to be honest if what he said is true (and i'm sure it is with his level of experience)

I think the densest woods have the most bass. Just like Purple Heart on x00, ebony on the x00 will be the other best choice. I have the emu ebony and bass quantity is pretty close to sk1. Bass quality and layering is actually much better.

Nov 1, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #7,928 of 12,991
I just made a huge discovery completely by accident.

On a lark, I was going through the Windows 10 audio device properties and rediscovered the Advanced tab where you choose the sample rate to be used in Shared Mode. I decided to change it to 24/192 just to see what would happen and BAM! All the hiss from my source is GONE. Even at 100% volume high gain on the Magni 2 - dead silent.

I never thought the menu actually did anything because I had no idea what "shared mode" is, but now I see I have been missing out on something extremely essential for a long time.

Nov 2, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #7,930 of 12,991
Well......how do they sound?? Actually getting any slam from them? I've heard those are really good sounding headphones, would be great if they could also provide some slam when called upon with some heavy power and proper EQ....

Nov 3, 2016 at 1:06 AM Post #7,931 of 12,991
  Well......how do they sound?? Actually getting any slam from them? I've heard those are really good sounding headphones, would be great if they could also provide some slam when called upon with some heavy power and proper EQ....

They slam...  I wouldn't post it here if it didn't :wink:.  But your gonna need some eq skills to see how good these really are.

No paper test can be done though.  how the headphones were made its very hard to show.I'm gonna have to try to v-moda again to compre. Maybe even the beats detox, if I can find a set.

This set is gonna get a proper review by a basshead

Nov 3, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #7,932 of 12,991

Yup, that's right, Oppo pm-3

Add 12db with 1w of power, see what happens
smily_headphones1.gif

That is a very very good track to make BASS boasts with
biggrin.gif

Nice triple hit mixed in there.

Nov 3, 2016 at 6:44 AM Post #7,934 of 12,991
I need to try those Technics still!!!

Thanks to @snellemin I have discovered the glory that is the Zamp V3. If you own a front page headphone and just aren't happy with your desktop amp situation maybe think of this 10 year old amp loudspeaker nerds love.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/parasound-zamp-v-3-two-channel-amplifier/reviews/17229

Users who are viewing this thread

Back