The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Oct 6, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #4,801 of 12,991

No never heard back. He did a test though....more than the dt 1770 pro did
wink.gif

You can fire off a PM to Fearless and he'll share. He's been around here for a while

We have been communicating through PM.

The chain is Entech DAC(bassy DAC)>>>Preamp>>>>Firstwatt  J2, small boost at 31hz from the preamp.

This is essentially my HE-6 set-up but I use a different DAC.

Oct 6, 2015 at 4:51 AM Post #4,802 of 12,991
I cannot wait to finish work so i can listen to my music now piping through an iFi nano device.

The name of this famous Maxell commercial was appropriately titled...."Blown Away"

Everything it touches sounds great. My SZ sound better...Knorris should have beat me over the head until I "Got it" cuz now I get it.....just wow.

Oct 6, 2015 at 5:26 AM Post #4,803 of 12,991
  I cannot wait to finish work so i can listen to my music now piping through an iFi nano device.

The name of this famous Maxell commercial was appropriately titled...."Blown Away"

Everything it touches sounds great. My SZ sound better...Knorris should have beat me over the head until I "Got it" cuz now I get it.....just wow.

biggrin.gif
  Like a little school boy waiting to get out of class.  Wait...
rolleyes.gif

Oct 6, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #4,805 of 12,991

Is a DAC truly worth getting? already look awkward enough carrying this brick around on the back of my huge phone. People keep asking me why I have two phones, lmao. Wouldn't it bypass internal phone audio mods?

Oct 6, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #4,807 of 12,991
  Is a DAC truly worth getting? already look awkward enough carrying this brick around on the back of my huge phone. People keep asking me why I have two phones, lmao. Wouldn't it bypass internal phone audio mods?

For me it is. The DAC bypasses the phone if I want it to or it up-samples everything up to 20 billion Hz anyway
biggrin.gif

It passes stuff bit-perfect too. I use it as a grip for my phone and it sounds spectacular to me. I'm pleased as hell but that is a personal thing. I got my SZ I got my 2.5 I got my Note 4...I needed this ...more than I knew. Just a personal thing and not essential by any means for a basshead or anyone....except me.

Oct 6, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #4,808 of 12,991

For me it is. The DAC bypasses the phone if I want it to or it up-samples everything up to 20 billion Hz anyway
biggrin.gif

It passes stuff bit-perfect too. I use it as a grip for my phone and it sounds spectacular to me. I'm pleased as hell but that is a personal thing. I got my SZ I got my 2.5 I got my Note 4...I needed this ...more than I knew. Just a personal thing and not essential by any means for a basshead or anyone....except me.

Make me want to go out and buy one. Dang, I have my phone up-sampled to 48khz. Wonder what would happen if I pushed it further.

Oct 6, 2015 at 10:18 AM Post #4,809 of 12,991
  Make me want to go out and buy one. Dang, I have my phone up-sampled to 48khz. Wonder what would happen if I pushed it further.

I am not a Hi Res guy. I think the synergy of this thing just matches me perfect so that's another reason to not care about it. They have a full sized beast that Knorris has that you should want some day for it's 4,0000mW or some crazy beast mode spec like that

Oct 6, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #4,810 of 12,991

I am not a Hi Res guy. I think the synergy of this thing just matches me perfect so that's another reason to not care about it. They have a full sized beast that Knorris has that you should want some day for it's 4,0000mW or some crazy beast mode spec like that

You probably missed it since I didn't quote you, but what's the need for the iCAN if the iDSD is a DAC/amp already?

Oct 6, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #4,813 of 12,991
Anyone with the Pro700mk2 want to test out a Viper preset I'm making for them and tell me what you think? Makes the mids and highs more pronounced. Also ads extra thump

Edit- anyone else have issues with Viper not working 100% of time on your phone. Stops processing every now and then for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back