The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Aug 26, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #4,516 of 12,993

Have totally moved on from the dedicated DAP due to V4A and the ability to use a huge interface.

The Ultrasone Sig DJ are a less dark more detail resolving set that still has a kick ad is very good with fast Techno/House and 808/Dubstep. It is expensive though. The TH600 can slam pretty good and have better detail that the M100 as well.

Do you use an amp??

That really makes a big difference in rec's. If you run straight off a phone with no amp I'd rec the SMS street DJ Pro (wired). I know they are cheap but they are soooo comfy and sound like a better tuned M100 and can give good bass if not over powered.

is the Ultrasone Sig DJ sounding as the Pro 900 with the kind of metallic treble and voice ? I'm gonna have a look at the TH600. Currently i'm just using a Fiio e6 amp to get more volume. I don't really need it but i use it to ensure i can have big bass in whatever song i'm throwing without scaring of earing distortions. Again the HTC M8 audio is really really good.

Aug 26, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #4,517 of 12,993
  is the Ultrasone Sig DJ sounding as the Pro 900 with the kind of metallic treble and voice ? I'm gonna have a look at the TH600. Currently i'm just using a Fiio e6 amp to get more volume. I don't really need it but i use it to ensure i can have big bass in whatever song i'm throwing without scaring of earing distortions. Again the HTC M8 audio is really really good.

The sigs are not as bad as the Pro 900 but Sone's have a habit of headache inducing highs. I found the Sig DJ Pro to be les so but they are still stupid expensive and need more than an e6.

If you use a e6 and that's as far as you want and need to go you may wanna try these.
They sit on ear but it's so soft it isolates all outside noise very well. it is a better tuned M100 but cannot go as hard because of the driver but at low amp like the e6 these would be nice.

I love the **** outta mine. If you want harder bass you will need an amp anyway....no other way about it.

Aug 26, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #4,518 of 12,993

The sigs are not as bad as the Pro 900 but Sone's have a habit of headache inducing highs. I found the Sig DJ Pro to be les so but they are still stupid expensive and need more than an e6.

If you use a e6 and that's as far as you want and need to go you may wanna try these.
They sit on ear but it's so soft it isolates all outside noise very well. it is a better tuned M100 but cannot go as hard because of the driver but at low amp like the e6 these would be nice.

I love the **** outta mine. If you want harder bass you will need an amp anyway....no other way about it.

I understand the fact i have put "fiio e6" as amp give you a kind of feel i'm not needy in my choice....:).........again i'm using a HTC M8 rooted with a kernel that support Faux Audio...and Viper4android. The day i tested the Fiio X5 and the Ibasso DX90 i was also able to test Fiio e12 which i saw was the one recommanded to use with JVC sz2000. There were no audible difference with my phone+fiio e6 or fiio e12 cause my setup already allow the M100 to give its full potentiel. The amp is very important but the source even more....I can go for a better amp if you drive me to a headphone that will need more power. But trust me what the HTC M8 tuned can provide without amp is far beyond a lot of portable devices. Again i was impressed when i tried it the first time to see how good it was. I wasn't expecting such difference and such power (Faux Audio permit to raise the volume of the internal amp so again the sound tuned is way better than stock one)

Aug 26, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #4,519 of 12,993
  I understand the fact i have put "fiio e6" as amp give you a kind of feel i'm not needy in my choice....:).........again i'm using a HTC M8 rooted with a kernel that support Faux Audio...and Viper4android. The day i tested the Fiio X5 and the Ibasso DX90 i was also able to test Fiio e12 which i saw was the one recommanded to use with JVC sz2000. There were no audible difference with my phone+fiio e6 or fiio e12 cause my setup already allow the M100 to give its full potentiel. The amp is very important but the source even more....I can go for a better amp if you drive me to a headphone that will need more power. But trust me what the HTC M8 tuned can provide without amp is far beyond a lot of portable devices. Again i was impressed when i tried it the first time to see how good it was. I wasn't expecting such difference and such power (Faux Audio permit to raise the volume of the internal amp so again the sound tuned is way better than stock one)

I don't judge based on anything
smily_headphones1.gif

The e6 + your rooted device is what you like.
BTW the Cayin C5 is the best pairing with the SZ series not the e12.  I am using a rooted Note 4 and love it. It's my favorite source with a little AK10 amp.

Maybe the Yamaha Pro 400 would be good for you? @gikigill just got em so maybe he can pipe in on a rec.

Aug 26, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #4,520 of 12,993

I don't judge based on anything
smily_headphones1.gif

The e6 + your rooted device is what you like.
BTW the Cayin C5 is the best pairing with the SZ series not the e12.  I am using a rooted Note 4 and love it. It's my favorite source with a little AK10 amp.

Maybe the Yamaha Pro 400 would be good for you? @gikigill just got em so maybe he can pipe in on a rec.

Maybe i should get a good amp and a SZ2000 ?

Aug 26, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #4,523 of 12,993
Aug 26, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #4,524 of 12,993

Thanks for the link. Which headphones are you using ? Why is it so hard to produce a good noise cancelling bassy headphone grrrrr. The UE6000 was 100 dollars........for 500 dollars they could have built a monster grrrr
Should i get the JVC's  ? Audiophiles don't like to have to use Equalizers. I don't have any trouble with equalizing. The goal is just to get the sound quality i want. Big solid and deep bass, clarity in voice and instruments, good separation of instruments, good noise cancelling.

Aug 26, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #4,526 of 12,993
The Pro 400 are good for daily use and carry substantial amount of bass and impact along with proper clarity but it's not a SZ2000 or even an SZ1000 competitor.

I know the SZ2000 is out of the game in terms of Bass... I'm coming from vmoda m100 so whatever headphones with same or more bass precision and same or better clarity will be good. Then the goal is to find the best of those choices which cost max 500 dollars....Do you think i should go for sz2000 ? Why Pro 400 and not Pro 500 ? I read that 500's have better bass and clarity

Aug 26, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #4,527 of 12,993
  Vorzuge VorzAMP Duo
http://www.basshead.club/vorzuge-vorzamp-duo-review/

Ka-bonkers bass boost. The only reason I'm trying to sell it now? I'm an idiot and pre-ordered a Cavalli Liquid Carbon, so I have no money... again. You'll probably see my JVC HP-DX1000 and/or Fostex TH600 go up for sale soon as well. Audiophilia Nervosa!

Any nude shots of the VorzAmp?  I want to know what the $520 gets me.  Like what opamps and buffers.  Parts layout.  

Aug 26, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #4,529 of 12,993

Any nude shots of the VorzAmp?  I want to know what the $520 gets me.  Like what opamps and buffers.  Parts layout.  

I'm checking with Vorzuge if they can send me some shots of the inside. I'd rather not take it completely apart myself because it might risk damaging the unit. I'll let you know!

Aug 26, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #4,530 of 12,993
  I know the SZ2000 is out of the game in terms of Bass... I'm coming from vmoda m100 so whatever headphones with same or more bass precision and same or better clarity will be good. Then the goal is to find the best of those choices which cost max 500 dollars....Do you think i should go for sz2000 ? Why Pro 400 and not Pro 500 ? I read that 500's have better bass and clarity

If you really want bass and clarity, you're talking mostly about the Fostex TH900/TH600.

The Audio Technica WS99 is a good option as well, but it is probably a slight downgrade from the M100.

I'm not aware of any other full-size headphones that give you extreme basshead-level bass in addition to excellent clarity and soundstage other than the Fostex TH900/600 or the Denons they (Foster Electronics) made previously (D5000 and D7000 in particular).

The SZ1000/SZ2000 have tremendous bass impact, but honestly the clarity is where they suffer. I want another pair after I sold mine off, but that's exclusively for the insane impact, not for the clarity.

It's the same dream I've been chasing, and I found it in the Fostex TH600. I need to temporarily sell off either those or the JVC HP-DX1000 (also amazing, but not as much separation or clarity as the TH600--better in some other ways though), but I'll get them or the TH900 again at some point if I manage to sell them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back