The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jun 30, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #4,291 of 12,991
I recently acquired a set of Sony MDR-XB500s.  IMHO they are a good set of basshead cans.  Pads are very comfortable that's for sure.  My WS99s are still king though.

Jun 30, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #4,292 of 12,991
  I recently acquired a set of Sony MDR-XB500s.  IMHO they are a good set of basshead cans.  Pads are very comfortable that's for sure.  My WS99s are still king though.

You should hold on to those. Those are like basshead hall of fame 1st vote inductees
biggrin.gif

Extra basses....all their basses are belong to you now!!
wink.gif

Jun 30, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #4,293 of 12,991
 You should hold on to those. Those are like basshead hall of fame 1st vote inductees :D

Extra basses....all their basses are belong to you now!!:wink:

Oh I'm going to hold on to them. Especially since I was only out $20:wink:

Jul 1, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #4,295 of 12,991
I sold some gear and was going to pick the Aurisonics ASG-2.5 and/or the JVC HA-SZ2000 up again. Instead, I found a deal on the Fostex TH-600. I'm waiting on shipment from the manufacturer (Fostex), but they confirmed they're incoming. I have a multi-week wait ahead of me. But, I also have cans I never thought I'd get my hands on because I refuse to buy anything over $500... unless it's a guitar. Or a bunch of computer components.

Has anyone tried the JVC 55x pads on the TH-600? I imagine they'd fit with some stretching, and it might make them hit even harder.

Jul 1, 2015 at 7:17 AM Post #4,296 of 12,991
  I sold some gear and was going to pick the Aurisonics ASG-2.5 and/or the JVC HA-SZ2000 up again. Instead, I found a deal on the Fostex TH-600. I'm waiting on shipment from the manufacturer (Fostex), but they confirmed they're incoming. I have a multi-week wait ahead of me. But, I also have cans I never thought I'd get my hands on because I refuse to buy anything over $500... unless it's a guitar. Or a bunch of computer components.

Has anyone tried the JVC 55x pads on the TH-600? I imagine they'd fit with some stretching, and it might make them hit even harder.

Hit harder on this track than the TH900.

This is the real version:

This was the one used :
Obviously NOT a Beats track
mad.gif

However it is a real severe stress test for sub-bass.

The Th600 with Mach3bass +8 and BBE+9  on a Cowon volume 34 to an e12 do what is in the top vid and that bro....is a serious ******* face massage.

Nice choice
beerchug.gif

Jul 1, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #4,297 of 12,991
Only thing I didn't like about the XB500 was that they are on ear headphones instead of over ear headphones.

I generally don't like on ears very much either.  These don't bother me that much though because the pads are so soft and "pillow" like.

Jul 1, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #4,298 of 12,991
Hello all,

So I picked up a pair  of HE 400i 's , not a bass cannon by any means, but almost a bass heavy HD650 if I had to describe them stock.

Few small modifications:

Grill mod:                                                                                                                            :

Opens up the sound stage, increases air flow, more bass from the driver for sure.

J-money pads attached directly to the cup avoiding air leakage from the stock focus pads.

So why post this here?

Well, if any group wcould appreciate the results of these simple modifications fed by a few watts of power it would be here. Now remember these are extremely open cans !

Jul 1, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #4,299 of 12,991
Nice!  The 400i is pretty nice in the subbass with some eq and power behind it.  I don't think I will change my pads and doing the grill mod anytime soon though.  I am going to run some monster rca cable into mine instead of overpriced headphone cables.  My plugs should be coming in soon.  Already finished my variable resistor box that plugs into a home amplifier for some serious bass power. 

Jul 1, 2015 at 10:15 PM Post #4,300 of 12,991
Just ordered the ButtKicker Gamer2, should be getting here before the end of the week. Can't get more convincing body shaking, visceral bass than this setup without going into a full speaker setup. And I don't even need to blast my ears to get this level of bass. Can't wait for it to get here.

Jul 2, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #4,301 of 12,991
  Hello all,

So I picked up a pair  of HE 400i 's , not a bass cannon by any means, but almost a bass heavy HD650 if I had to describe them stock.

Few small modifications:

Grill mod:                                                                                                                            :

Opens up the sound stage, increases air flow, more bass from the driver for sure.

J-money pads attached directly to the cup avoiding air leakage from the stock focus pads.

So why post this here?

Well, if any group wcould appreciate the results of these simple modifications fed by a few watts of power it would be here. Now remember these are extremely open cans !

HE 400i

in the mother ******* house!!!!!

Love it.

You're right bro...this is the place for bass
basshead.gif
biggrin.gif

Thanks 4 sharing

Just ordered the ButtKicker Gamer2, should be getting here before the end of the week. Can't get more convincing body shaking, visceral bass than this setup without going into a full speaker setup. And I don't even need to blast my ears to get this level of bass. Can't wait for it to get here.

Pictures please!

I'm a type A ....as in A.D.H.D
wink.gif

Colors and noises and ****......make me smile

Jul 2, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #4,302 of 12,991
Dang...... Those opens hit pretty hard!

After spending a week the the Tiamat I much prefer the Kraken when EQ'd. Tiamat without EQ, but with EQ the Kraken takes the cake. Plus they are more practical for mobile use. The long cored on the Tiamat is a huge pain

Jul 2, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #4,303 of 12,991
My "shout-out" to the Basshead community and our plight at the 2min 40second mark. 
basshead.gif
  LOL

In all my years, I never realized how often I've taken to saying "Um", or "Ah"...
Yikes.

iFi iCan review&comparison to iDSD Micro's amp section in relation to different headphone types:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlpQidbvdDQ  Zoinks!  Sorry.  Edited to correct.

Jul 2, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #4,305 of 12,991
  My "shout-out" to the Basshead community and our plight at the 2min 40second mark. 
basshead.gif
  LOL

In all my years, I never realized how often I've taken to saying "Um", or "Ah"...
Yikes.

iFi iCan review&comparison to iDSD Micro's amp section in relation to different headphone types:

https://youtu.be/RlpQidbvdDQ

LOL

I do that too.

That link goes to a secret and locked ifi club

Users who are viewing this thread

Back