The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Oct 17, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #2,448 of 12,991
Yeah lol figured u say that. An I will message with it for a few hours an post my results for sure

I think I missed something lol, but yea shoot up a video though man let us know how crazy that paper gets with the boost from that suckah! 

Oct 17, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #2,449 of 12,991
  I think I missed something lol, but yea shoot up a video though man let us know how crazy that paper gets with the boost from that suckah! 

It'll just be another version of ear damage...

Your Denon however
tongue.gif

Oct 17, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #2,450 of 12,991

It'll just be another version of ear damage...

Your Denon however
tongue.gif

Damn, you sure are getting those cans tuned in nice. Keep it up. You are doing god's work!

Still enjoying my SZ's
L3000.gif

Oct 17, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #2,453 of 12,991

TOP 10  October 2014 

1. J.V.C HA-SZ2000 

Driver size: 55mm "Sub-woofer"/ 30mm CNT  

Impedance:16 Ohm
Amp Headroom: Exceptional +30dB @45Hz
EQ: Needs
Genre' (anything)
Weakness: Veiled , Poor stock pads.

DAP: COWON iAudio10

EQ:
5 Band (Flat)

JetEffects :
BBE+8
Mach3Bass +9
Volume: 34

AMP: FiiO e12

Bass Boost "on"
Gain switch "on"
Vol 50-60%

2. FOSTEX TH900

Driver size: 50mm dia Nd magnet

Impedance 25 Ohm
Amp Headroom: 

EQ: Needs (raise bass only)
Genre' Anything
Weakness:...Price?

AP: COWON iAudio10  
EQ:
5 Band (Flat)

JetEffects :
BBE+8
Mach3Bass +9

Bass Boost "on"
Gain switch "on"
Vol 50-60%

3. Sony XB1000

Driver size: 70mm Mylar (PET) 

Impedance 24 Ohm
Amp Headroom: ?
Genre' (HipHop/EDM/?)
Weakness:pillow pads absorb too much of the hit.

EQ:
5 Band (Flat)

JetEffects :
BBE+8
Mach3Bass +9

Bass Boost "on"
Gain switch "on"
Vol 50-60%

4. J.V.C HA-SZ1000   

Driver size: 55mm "Sub-woofer"/ 30mm CNT                                                                                                        

​
Impedance 16 Ohm
Amp Headroom: Exceptional +30dB @45Hz
Genre' (anything)
Weakness: less veiled than sz2k but veiled , Poor stock pads.  

DAP: ipad  
EQ:
"Equalizer" app
42Hz Q 1.000 +7.9dB
51Hz Q 1.000 +7.7dB
78Hz Q 5.000 +2.8dB

Bass Boost "on"
Gain switch "on"
Vol 50-60%

5. FOSTEX TH600  

Driver size: Driver:50mm dia Nd magnet / bio-dynamic diaphragm

Impedance 25 Ohm
Amp Headroom: 
Genre' Anything

Weakness:.

AP: COWON iAudio10

EQ:
5 Band (Flat)

JetEffects :
BBE+8
Mach3Bass +9

Bass Boost "on"
Gain switch "on"
Vol 50-60%

6. JVC HA-MR77x

Driver size: 57mm Mylar (PET)

Impedance 46 Ohm
Amp Headroom: Good/Great 16-20dB @45Hz

EQ: Needs (to raise mids)
Genre' (Hip-Hop)
Weakness: mids sound like ass.

EQ:
5 Band (Flat)

JetEffects :
BBE+8
Mach3Bass +9

Bass Boost "on"
Gain switch "on"
Vol 50-60%

7. HPH Yamaha Pro 500

Driver size: 50mm Mylar (PET)

Impedance 32 Ohm
Amp Headroom: ?
Genre' (Anything)
Weakness:pad size (shallow)

EQ:
5 Band (Flat)

JetEffects :
BBE+8
Mach3Bass +9

Bass Boost "on"
Gain switch "on"
Vol 50-60%

8.Audio Technica -ATH Pro700mk2

Driver size: 53mm Mylar (PET)

Impedance 68 Ohm
Genre' (Anything)

EQ:
5 Band (Flat)

JetEffects :
BBE+8
Mach3Bass +9

Bass Boost "on"
Gain switch "on"
Vol 50-60%

9. V-MODA Crossfade M-100

Impedance 32 Ohm
Genre' (Anything)

EQ:
5 Band (Flat)

JetEffects :
BBE+8
Mach3Bass +9

Bass Boost "on"
Gain switch "on"
Vol 50-60%

10. Monster Beats DETOX Pro

Impedance 32 Ohm
Amp Headroom: Good +14dB @45Hz
Genre' (Hip-Hop/EDM)
Weakness: (?)  

EQ:
5 Band (Flat)

JetEffects :
BBE+8
Mach3Bass +9

Bass Boost "on"
Gain switch "on"
Vol 50-60%

Best 40mm

Driver size: 40mm  Mylar (PET)

Impedance 32 Ohm
EQ: Needs (raise bass only,?)
Genre' (Hip-Hop/EDM/Gaming)
Weakness:Mids like ass?

Configurations used

1. Source
Cowon iAudio10
flat eq,
Mach3Bass +9
BBE+8

AMP
Fiio E12 - 16db gain,
bass boost on,

--------------------
  1. Source
Sony NWZ E473
Clear Bass +3,
flat eq,

AMP
Fiio E12 - 16db gain,
bass boost on,

--------------------
  1. Source
Apple Ipad
App - "Equalizer",
eq,
42Hz Q 1.000 +7.9dB
51Hz Q 1.000 +7.7dB
78Hz Q 5.000 +2.8dB

AMP
Fiio E12 - 16db gain,
bass boost on,

--------------------
  1. Source
HTC ONE M8
BoomSound "on"

AMP
Fiio E11 - 11dB gain,
bass boost on,

Notes & Thoughts

The bass paper test is just a visual of what is heard and felt on ear.  It's pretty damn accurate. The cans you think will do well usually do and the ones that you don't think will... often don't.  
Thanks to the folks that participate and take the time to show new ways to get to basstopia.
If I had a set of cans that hit harder than one on the list I'd do it in a heartbeat, share the exact settings and let my vid replace 500 words of stuff already said about can "A".

If you can lounge around threads talking about not too much really... you could put a face to the bass. I'll eventually get to em' anyway .

_______
Oh I'm not playing that game...it's dumb

or

**plays dumb game...kicks major azz .....and waaaalks away laughing**
______

I'd do the 2nd one cuz I'm competitive like that.

Folks..
There wasn't a wiki or a list to even argue about much less anyone even trying to be creative with an easy to mimic way of showing low energy force.  Nada. Just words.

If you disagree with the list be a productive member and shave 5 minutes off your life showing something.  If you're not a basshead you should just enjoy the view. I don't troll Stax threads or any other thread that is not in my range of interest. This thread is 149 pages of non flaming and name calling. It's been great sans 4 events and one needed a mod and 3 were worked out among adults and self edited. If you have a bad moment I'll ask you to get a hold of yourself
(it happens...we all get wound up sometimes) if you don't edit I'll flag ya and the folks who need to know ...they know this thread is clean. It will stay that way. You have the tracks and EXACT settings from multiple hardware sources.

Delayed the list due to the Denon D5 &7K and the new Sony Z7
The first 2 are cannons in the DX1000 mold but not slamming skull type. more tilted towards pleasing low>>mid trans. Very loud and clear and detailed but more audiophile than basshead. The paper would not show much and Denon and it's owners could not give a ****.

The Z7 have been on my head 6 times? LCP creates a very tight bass leaning towards Planar more than uncoated mylar. On this threads default bass tracks it wont go there. It's 70mm though so I expect ati to come in with a vid so we can place it. I am hoping for a bass oriented beast mode can to be coming. The market is huge if they can give us the Cake and eat it too can
biggrin.gif

This is a collection of the hardest hitting cans. Nothing more.
Nobody is claiming anything besides the fact that these 10 will thump your head.
There are no links provided. We do not do sales by proxy. Find your own links.
You proceed with the knowledge that nothing is better than a personal listening experience.

Oct 18, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #2,454 of 12,991
I've searched around but haven't seen it, sorry if I've overlooked it... But have you done a comparison like this with IEMs or have any suggestions for hard hitting ones like the list you've compiled and tested here?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Oct 18, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #2,455 of 12,991
I've searched around but haven't seen it, sorry if I've overlooked it... But have you done a comparison like this with IEMs or have any suggestions for hard hitting ones like the list you've compiled and tested here?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Sorry that would be in the IEM section if it exists? (bass testing in ears I mean)

Oct 19, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #2,456 of 12,991
I just ordered some jvc HA-FX3X iems just to test what they will do, bass wise (since they supposedly have a frequency range of 5 Hz - 25 kHz). It'll be interesting to see how loud they can get!  Now, I don't expect the "massager" effect, but even my triple-fi's do pretty good sound-wise with my bass settings (the EQ I use when I listen to SZ2ks).

Oct 19, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #2,457 of 12,991
  I just ordered some jvc HA-FX3X iems just to test what they will do, bass wise (since they supposedly have a frequency range of 5 Hz - 25 kHz). It'll be interesting to see how loud they can get!  Now, I don't expect the "massager" effect, but even my triple-fi's do pretty good sound-wise with my bass settings (the EQ I use when I listen to SZ2ks).

LOL

I was just about to ask you to leave the thread...politely

Then saw/remembered you got bass headphones too
tongue.gif

Good luck. If it turns out well and your bass brain smiles let the dude a couple posts above know as he is in that market.

Meanwhile...

100,000+​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Tom....if your out there..​
 ​

Oct 21, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #2,458 of 12,991
So...

If I want monstrous bass without having to use an EQ because using them just annoys me, what's my best option? I use an android as a DAP and amp with an e12, bass boost always on (the hardware based boost seems to do it a lot better than anything software based I've tried)...

Alternatively, is there a *good* universal EQ for android that I could use? Poweramp isn't an option because I listen to music through Spotify Premium and don't actually own the music. I need something that either modifies the built in android EQ or runs on top of whatever music source is currently being used.

Oct 21, 2014 at 3:43 AM Post #2,459 of 12,991
I just want to say that SZ2000 really sound better with an amp and a decent setup. I'm using them with 55x pads out of Bifrost Uber/Asgard 2 combo and the BASS is just insane. WOW

Its not just bass though, these cans now sound damn good, with big soundstage and no veil or muddiness. Very nice detail with smooth highs, no harshness at all. I also have JVC DX1000 and Denon D7000 2012 version here and honestly the SZ2000 sound more satisfying to me. Currently listening to live techno sets.

Oct 21, 2014 at 5:48 AM Post #2,460 of 12,991
So...

If I want monstrous bass without having to use an EQ because using them just annoys me, what's my best option? I use an android as a DAP and amp with an e12, bass boost always on (the hardware based boost seems to do it a lot better than anything software based I've tried)...

Alternatively, is there a *good* universal EQ for android that I could use? Poweramp isn't an option because I listen to music through Spotify Premium and don't actually own the music. I need something that either modifies the built in android EQ or runs on top of whatever music source is currently being used.

I get a lot of PM from folks wanting bass but also very concerned with staging and clarity.  They don't have a lot of cash and I find myself rec'ing these again and again so i might as well put this out there.

Forget any image of Monster you may have because these over ear versions of this set are boss
http://www.amazon.com/Monster-NCredible-NPulse-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B009IKCKMY/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

They slam.
They playback guitar/rock very well
Clarity is quite good
Price is excellent.

The bass is basshead level when pushed but it is merely  with authority without any eq. The response curve is really very very nice.
I rec these without hesitation.

User Gelocks semi review here
http://www.head-fi.org/t/668530/surprised-monster-ncredible-n-pulse-are-kicking-my-general-musings-impressions-reviews-etc-thread

From a Top 500 Reviewer audiophile:
8 of 10 people found the following review helpful Great headphones for all music types
By Tyson TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICE on June 19, 2013
Color Name: Black Vine Customer Review of Free Product ( What's this? ) As a rather picky audiophile, I'm happy to say that these headphones get my seal of approval. I sampled a wide variety of musical genres including classical, pop, rap, house, dubstep, country, film scores, ambient, audio books and many others. The headphones handled each genre perfectly and even performed well on mixed genres, such as a dance song with sweeping synths.

Vocals are crisp and never muddied by intense beats. Individual instruments seem enhanced by the headphones. Subtle sounds are brought forward, enriching the listening experience.

As for comfort, I also give a perfect 5/5 stars. The cushions are very comfortable on my head and even manage to hold my enormous ears. The volume minimum and maximum is perfectly acceptable to me, although for those out there who like REALLY LOUD music, it may be a tad too soft for you. As for me, I almost never keep it at max volume because the mid ranges are great.

Bass levels are very satisfying, with plenty of kick as well as the deeper throaty bass sounds. Urban/pop lovers will be very happy. I've been using these headphones regularly for approximately a month and have not encountered any deterioration in the sound quality or technical difficulties.

OVERALL: while pricy, true audiophiles will no doubt find these headphones worth the price. I don't know that they're the best headphones I've ever placed on my head, but I will say that they are probably the most consistent. I LOVE Bose headphones, but they are not always perfect for all music genres. These NCredible headphones always deliver. I give them a solid recommendation.

1 Comment Was this review helpful to you? Yes No

I have not in my time ever heard a can give of monstrous bass without an amp AND eq.

If I had no eq and had to use my e12 with one set it would be these.
I think I have come to realize some of the hardest stuff to replay is rock guitar solos like Randy Rhodes (my test track)

That is hard to replay up to standards but the Monster will do it and thump very well in Hip hop and other genre'
It is a nice set at a good price and it can fly without an eq.
I'd eq anything anyway but these would be my choice for clarity ,compact and punch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back