The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Aug 15, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #1,832 of 12,992
I've never heard the Pro 900, but read a few times off owners that the highs are harsh?

Anyhoot, the below link has headfiers discussing merits of Sig DJ and Pro 900 if of any interest:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/623238/ultrasone-signature-dj/420

The highs were OK, in fact the mids and highs were the best part once you got the headphone position right. But unlike most reviews they are not bass kings at all. That's why I'm glad I found this thread so I can try other headphones.

Aug 15, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #1,833 of 12,992
There is 1 pair available 55x pads on eBay, just one.

I might as well buy a new xx and use the sz2k pads on it, should be funny.

I got my 55x pads from that guy on ebay. He has several but only puts up one at a time. They came in 3 days and looked brand new to me.

Aug 15, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #1,834 of 12,992
Apparently my UE6000's were at the post office since Tuesday because my cabin doesn't have a house number to find it easily... -.-... Anyways, I'm loving them so far. I'll post my findings on the bass later... Sadly I don't have any paper here to do the test. At the cabin, and I doubt my parents are gonna pick me up paper for it. I'll post when I get home.

Aug 15, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #1,835 of 12,992
Apparently my UE6000's were at the post office since Tuesday because my cabin doesn't have a house number to find it easily... -.-... Anyways, I'm loving them so far. I'll post my findings on the bass later... Sadly I don't have any paper here to do the test. At the cabin, and I doubt my parents are gonna pick me up paper for it. I'll post when I get home.

Cut down a tree and make some paper!

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #1,836 of 12,992
Cut down a tree and make some paper!
MINECRAFT STYLE... Anyhue, they do not hit very hard. They get loud, But dont hit as hard as the JVC 55X's did, but that's kind of a given. 50mm dual bass port VS 40mm. So I'm thinking they'll come in behind most of the cans. Distorts on bass eq and amp, but un-eq'd get fairly loud. Now for those ATH-WS77's... Monday or so.

Aug 15, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #1,837 of 12,992
For replacement pads, is there a significant difference between the velour pads vs. the leather-ette type pads?
I assume there initially is in terms of seal over/on the ear, but is the bass impact very dissimilar?
I prefer using velour pads but if it affected the 'sensation' in the performance I'll go with the pleather replacements...
Thanks! :)

Aug 15, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #1,838 of 12,992
For replacement pads, is there a significant difference between the velour pads vs. the leather-ette type pads?
I assume there initially is in terms of seal over/on the ear, but is the bass impact very dissimilar?
I prefer using velour pads but if it affected the 'sensation' in the performance I'll go with the pleather replacements...
Thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif

From what I've been told pleather pads improve quality a bit but take a bit of bass out while pleather are better for bass. Quality stays pretty much the same but in terms of bass I know that pleather is better instead of velour although velour IMO is much more confortable. 

Aug 15, 2014 at 8:34 PM Post #1,839 of 12,992
MINECRAFT STYLE... Anyhue, they do not hit very hard. They get loud, But dont hit as hard as the JVC 55X's did, but that's kind of a given. 50mm dual bass port VS 40mm. So I'm thinking they'll come in behind most of the cans. Distorts on bass eq and amp, but un-eq'd get fairly loud. Now for those ATH-WS77's... Monday or so.

Now you see what I mean

Aug 16, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #1,840 of 12,992
If you're looking for a basshead headphone that sounds great right out of the box without EQ, I can recommend:

M-Audio Q40 - pros: price, SQ - detailed mids and highs with emphasised bass

.......................cons: build quality, feel fragile

ULTRASONE Signature DJ - pros: Amazing controlled, textured and beautiful bass - possibly the best or one of the best "audiophile" basshead headphones money can buy, understated luxury, amazing robust build, SQ that bass doesn't bleed into mids or highs, excellent detail and soundstage, well accessorised

...........................................cons: high price, S-Logic feature reduces SPL up to 40%

But do check the top 10 and recommended headphones listings above - bass/paper test video links show each cans SPL performance as a visual aid
wink.gif

Both the Q40 and Signature DJ headphones are listed in the recommended section, but as always is the golden rule, always attempt to audition a new headphone yourself in person (if possible)
smily_headphones1.gif

Very much appreciated. Will consider those M-Audio Q40s. Those Signature DJ are expensive but fantastic looking. Thank You for your recommendations!

Aug 16, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #1,841 of 12,992

For basshead movie fans, the new Transformers Age of Extinction flick packs some meaty bass sound effects for sure.

I watched this recently at the cinema and one specific scene involving an alien space craft acting like a huge magnet drawing up everything in its path created a sound effect that was so heavy in sub bass that I could feel it vibrating through my legs!

The film itself is the usual Transformers fare of non stop CGI fight scenes, explosions and good guys being chased around for most of the time, but pretty decent entertainment if you're into this type of action sci-fi movies.

But that bass in that scene was mind blowing and leg vibrating :D

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/I4Peyhk7ZS8[/VIDEO]​

Aug 16, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #1,844 of 12,992

Very much appreciated. Will consider those M-Audio Q40s. Those Signature DJ are expensive but fantastic looking. Thank You for your recommendations!

Then why not go for the ATH-WS99 once you go there,no way back i like them way more than the Q40's and with some bass boost,those basslines and kicks are dancing and floating airy around your ears,while you are getting some nice ear massage too....just love these cans
L3000.gif

Aug 16, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #1,845 of 12,992
Then why not go for the ATH-WS99 once you go there,no way back i like them way more than the Q40's and with some bass boost,those basslines and kicks are dancing and floating airy around your ears,while you are getting some nice ear massage too....just love these cans :L3000:

Hey dailysmoker - WS99?

Good recommendation :)

I appreciate you pitching up as me & HBB sometimes get a little brain burned with requests for rec's here and on PM - lol :D

Yeah, I've got this can and I can see why you give it big licks for sure - 53mm drivers that respond well to EQ and just that overall understated quality that AUDIO TECHNICA excel in.

DisCHORDDubstep has the younger brother to the 99's, the 77's with 40mm drivers but still part of AT's Solid Bass range, coming to him soon, so be interesting to see what his impressions are of it.

Chicks dig the 99's :D

I got 99 problems but a BASS ain't one

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/kBnJnXq4YQ8[/VIDEO]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back