The German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor in the studio... serious about audio, INDEED!!
Apr 29, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #16 of 1,132
I was at a rock concert over the weekend and saw the camera men wearing the German Maestros, the ones with a microphone mouthpiece attached. The concert was incredibly loud with the bass just a bit shy of being boomy. I'd say that if the GM strives in this type of environment, their sound isolation much be top notch.

Apr 29, 2009 at 8:46 AM Post #18 of 1,132
Quote:

Originally Posted by elitiste /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was at a rock concert over the weekend and saw the camera men wearing the German Maestros, the ones with a microphone mouthpiece attached. The concert was incredibly loud with the bass just a bit shy of being boomy. I'd say that if the GM strives in this type of environment, their sound isolation much be top notch.

Yep... best isolation, see the picture of the ear pad in page 1.

Apr 29, 2009 at 9:02 AM Post #19 of 1,132
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Pixel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm curious as to how these hold up agains the 8300, which is cheaper and has a bit more resistance (I need a reason to use my compass dangnaggit!).
Also; it looks more comortable.

After few times with the original pads you get used to it, and it becomes very comfortable. But yes a lot of pads will fit them. Tiemen have more info about it he did some pad tests on his GMT250.

Apr 29, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #21 of 1,132
German Headphones turns to have low impedance? Edition 9 is also 30ohm...

How does this headphone sounds compares to Edition 9?

Apr 29, 2009 at 6:55 PM Post #22 of 1,132
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather225 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They sound is very good compare to the ED9, the bass is more tight and controlled and not so aggressive as the ED9. The low mid is about the same, a good warm feel. The high mids are more forward, so it sounds more balanced overall. The GMP 8.35 D Monitors have a great highs with a smooth clear details, but not as crisp as the ED9.

In the big picture the GMP 8.35 sounds like studio version of the ED9, with more natural sound, the ED9 have more of a lush Hi-Fi sound with more extended FR.

Both are very juicy with full body to the sound, and a good PRaT.

Jun 5, 2009 at 6:18 AM Post #24 of 1,132
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, I'm all about funtion over form, but those have to be the ugliest phones I've seen.
They would have to be the deal of the century for me to consider them.

lol...they are the most kinky and fetish hps, and one of the best/if not the best unapmed monitor studio.
happy_face1.gif

Jun 17, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #25 of 1,132
Your review got me very interested in them. I've contacted German Maestro to ask for a quote (HPs + shipping to Brazil). Hopefully, I'm going to get them next month after my credit card clears.

Ohh, my wallet!

Jun 17, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #26 of 1,132
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather225 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

True..The lowest OHM for a full size headphone are the DT48a/s both are 5 ohms.

Jun 17, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #30 of 1,132
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yup

Any new monitor headphones are welcome. I just hope they can match the GMP 8.35 abilities. I still don't know how many ohms they are, but they have a lot of good competition in the market, like the 380 PRO, PRO-550, M 50 and of course the king of tracking in the studio, the GMP 8.35

If I'm going to get a chance, I'd like to compare them in my studio and report back. I do like the Shure microphones. I hope the new headphones are going to be as good as their mics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back