The-Gadgeteer.com Reviews Slappa Cases
Jun 11, 2004 at 9:00 AM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAPPADom
tanfenton the pre-orders will begin leaving our warehouse in about 10 days

Awesome, if I preordered the beginning of this week, when should I expect my case to ship?
biggrin.gif

Jun 11, 2004 at 2:01 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAPPADom

plainsong we are now tooling up production for our HardBody IPOD case. Hopefully we can give you a sneak preview in a week or so

SLAPPADom

Ohhh, I'm definately curious!
wink.gif

Jun 11, 2004 at 9:49 PM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by MonkeyMan
What about the MoFi cases?
etysmile.gif

I have a few of Mofi discs with those weird jewel cases. I'll have to check, but I'm pretty sure the disc spins fairly freely in those too.
They prevent the "teeth" hub from breaking and letting your CD jostle around freely in the jewel case, while getting gouged up by the broken off bits of plastic. I've had a few CD's arrive that way through shipping.
frown.gif

-Ed

Jun 11, 2004 at 10:00 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuberoller
Ah Ed,

You are the eternal skeptic and I can't say I blame you. While I don't see How a disc could ever get scratched in a Slappa case,I'm sure that somehow,someway it is possible. Highly unlikely but still possible. I've been using them for few months and they have treated my discs with great care. I'm happy, as I think you will be.

Heheh, that's me.
evil_smiley.gif

I was shocked to find out how easily CD's are scratched to hell in their jewel cases when being transported.

I think the Slappa cases are a good compromise for transporting CD's. The only other alternative I can see is to use jewel case liners like Azuradisc's.

http://www.azuradisc.com/
jewel_case_liner.jpg

Would not be nearly as transportable as the Slappa cases, though.

I played with their CD/DVD Repair Machine (wet process) at a trade show.
model_1600_large.jpg

I took a blank CD they had, gouged it all up on a concrete pillar nearby. and then used the machine to repair it. The results were fantastic. It looked nearly brand new. It's a multi step process and requires the user to swap out various sanding and polishing discs. That machine ain't cheap either. It's intended for commercial use.

But Azuradisc informed me that they have consumer focused CD/DVD repair machines in development. They are planning on a wet process one with a price at or below $100. Will be interesting to see what they have in store. They said that it won't be unveiled until next year probably.

-Ed

Jun 22, 2004 at 12:48 PM Post #21 of 23
I've been going to Slappa's site daily but haven't seen that ipod case yet.
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominick

plainsong we are now tooling up production for our HardBody IPOD case. Hopefully we can give you a sneak preview in a week or so

SLAPPADom

Jun 22, 2004 at 12:52 PM Post #22 of 23
Plainsong we are pre-launching the IPOD Aug 1. We made a few development mods (little things like a custom made clasp to close the case and an aluminum etched logo)......being we decided to add these "nicities" we had to tool up for them.

I could e-mail you a few of our cad drawings to give you a sneak peek

Users who are viewing this thread

Back