The Fuze, Rockbox and Album Art
Aug 13, 2009 at 7:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Belabor

100+ Head-Fier
I know this question has been asked before, but I still can't seem to get album art to work on my Rockbox'ed Sansa Fuze.

Some people mention album folders or artist folders, but I just have all my music (in mp3 format) dropped into the MUSIC folder. I don't have any other folders in my MUSIC folder. The original sansa firmware can read album art from my ID3 tags just fine, but Rockbox doesn't seem to support this.

I've already converted all my album art to .bmp with an album art extractor. I just need to know where to place all those files for Rockbox to read them. I use the AW140 theme from the iPod Photo / iRiver H3xx.

Aug 13, 2009 at 8:51 AM Post #2 of 4
I've tried something myself, but it didn't work out. What am I doing wrong?

I created folders in my MUSIC folder on the Fuze for all of my artists. In those artist folders I created album folders and put the songs for each album in the right album folder. Next I put the album art in that album folder and named it 'folder.bmp'.

When I started Rockbox it did see the folder.bmp, but when I played a song the album art still would not show... where did I go wrong?

Aug 13, 2009 at 4:17 PM Post #3 of 4
The way it should work is that you would have all the artists/albums in seperate folders, then when you want art associated with that, you would put the image named "folder.jpg" in that folder.

Nov 4, 2011 at 3:02 PM Post #4 of 4
I did that but doesn't work 
blink.gif

Quote:
The way it should work is that you would have all the artists/albums in seperate folders, then when you want art associated with that, you would put the image named "folder.jpg" in that folder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back