The FreQ Custom IEMs - Impressions Thread (Updates on First Page!)
Jan 9, 2008 at 11:16 PM Post #31 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by zomas65 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
amigos, someone with an expert eye can give us a good opinion looking at the pictures posted by powertoold? I'm just wondering if these pictures can show the drivers inside!
confused.gif

You can really see the drivers here.
8.jpg

tha large silver is one driver then there are 2 smaller in the canal part.

Jan 9, 2008 at 11:20 PM Post #32 of 3,960
I was really going to pull the trigger on the Freqs but now that I have seen some detailed pics of them I don't really like how the cable goes into the driver at all. Just looks on the cheaper side to me. I am going to either wait for the removable wires or go with triple black livewires with black connectors. What do you guys think about where the cable connects to the driver?

Jan 9, 2008 at 11:21 PM Post #33 of 3,960
From the pricture, it looks the cable will break easily.
And I am also wondering if the SQ of Super freq is anywhere close to SE530 at just half price and being customized. Otherwise, either SE530 is priced too high or Super Freq will become another Dr. Xin kind product to be waited for months to get.

BTW, where are those 3-drivers? I only can see a mental cube and one driver inside, the 2 bass (low range) drivers are boxed together or what? Isn't it suppose to be 3-way crossover? (sorry, I am newbie on custom IEM)

I'd rather to wait for the braided cable version and more impressions/reviews to decide whether to get this or Westone 3

Jan 9, 2008 at 11:27 PM Post #34 of 3,960
The blue is a single driver the red has 2 drivers
8.jpg

Jan 9, 2008 at 11:31 PM Post #35 of 3,960
I am not sure if FreQ guys realised, but they shouldn't have rushed their first models, they should have done them with perfection, I'm still in OMG regarding the cable connection, and the poor workmanship, *shakes head*

Jan 9, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #40 of 3,960
They look like 2 way crossovers, even from the site pics, this may sound n00bish, but does 3-Way crossover mean they have 3 seperate lil tubes to your ears (i.e. 3 holes, compared to Livewires with the 2 holes?) or is it 3 tubes into 2 holes?

Jan 9, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #41 of 3,960
I think the crossover is here.
8-1.jpg

Not sure as i have not seen these in person and I can not tell if it is a 3 way or 2 way.

Jan 9, 2008 at 11:52 PM Post #42 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They look like 2 way crossovers, even from the site pics, this may sound n00bish, but does 3-Way crossover mean they have 3 seperate lil tubes to your ears (i.e. 3 holes, compared to Livewires with the 2 holes?) or is it 3 tubes into 2 holes?

No a crossover is circutry that directs the electronic signals.

Jan 9, 2008 at 11:57 PM Post #43 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by chef8489 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No a crossover is circutry that directs the electronic signals.

alright, how wrong i was!

interesting concept however.

still, grandenigma and a few others should be getting theres soon as well, we can see more pics and build qualities then!

Jan 9, 2008 at 11:59 PM Post #44 of 3,960
I'm disappointed with the build quality too... I was thinking that the cable connection would be a lot better - if the cord was meant to hang down it would be on the bottom of the IEM, and if it was an over-the-top style it would be connected in the same position as the UEs.

Also, I don't like the decals and the whole thing just looks a bit rushed. Disappointing really, because these had so much potential. I'm under the impression though that the FreQ guys rushed this first lot to get them out the door, and that they could do better in time. But you never know, there is still the Music Makers line.

Jan 10, 2008 at 12:08 AM Post #45 of 3,960
Let's not make any fast conclusions. I think the connection looks poor because they chose to use a clear tube instead of a solid color one, so you can see the glue that they used to glue the tube to the cord.

Also, the build quality looks poor on the shell because I asked for a clear shell, so you can see everything. If it was a solid color, I don't think it would look too bad.

Someone mentioned the crossover - I am wondering also: where the heck is the passive crossover lol. Maybe it is built into that big driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back