The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Reviews and Impressions Thread
May 13, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #1,006 of 2,251
I now have about 12-15 hours of ear time with the king LTD, and am extremely pleased with them. I have considered the Toneking Ninetail to be the best iem under 150.00 that I have heard, but now consider the TFZ King LTD to be the best in that price category. I have only heard the series 1, galaxy 2's and the secret gardens, but consider the king LTD to be the best to date. I really am anxious to try out the no. 3 ti and see what it's about.

How do you think the King LTD stack up to the T2?

May 13, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #1,007 of 2,251
Also, I have found out the correct orientation for the LTD's 2 pin cable. The L/R is supposed to face out, so that makes the little blue dot facing forward. To me, it seems like the opposite of most normal 2 pin cables, but feel it sounds the best when wired that way. HBB has the cable backwards in his video on YouTube, so I think that's possibly why there is conflicting opinions on them around the web.

May 13, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #1,008 of 2,251
How do you think the King LTD stack up to the T2?
To me, they're a direct upgrade to the T2's. Balanced and clear sounding with great details, but never sharp or sibilant unless a track is recorded that way intentionally. It doesn't add any sharpness to tracks and is tuned right up my alley for my preferences. The staging is above average in width, but not the most 3D that I've heard, but still very good overall. To me, it's the tonality and timbre that I love the most about them.

May 13, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #1,009 of 2,251
To me, they're a direct upgrade to the T2's. Balanced and clear sounding with great details, but never sharp or sibilant unless a track is recorded that way intentionally. It doesn't add any sharpness to tracks and is tuned right up my alley for my preferences. The staging is above average in width, but not the most 3D that I've heard, but still very good overall. To me, it's the tonality and timbre that I love the most about them.

Thanks

May 13, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #1,010 of 2,251
I now have about 12-15 hours of ear time with the king LTD, and am extremely pleased with them. I have considered the Toneking Ninetail to be the best iem under 150.00 that I have heard, but now consider the TFZ King LTD to be the best in that price category. I have only heard the series 1, galaxy 2's and the secret gardens, but consider the king LTD to be the best to date. I really am anxious to try out the no. 3 ti and see what it's about.

What about King III?? :)

Opinion on the EM2 vs. the King LTD? Still haven't tried a TFZ but do have the Simgot so would be a comparison that gives me an idea of some TFZ stuff.

May 13, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #1,011 of 2,251

I'm really enjoying my TFZ King LTD as well. Just pulled the trigger on the Nine Tail and anxious to compare. The King LTD has a bass signature I really appreciate.

May 13, 2019 at 10:53 PM Post #1,012 of 2,251
What about King III?? :)

Opinion on the EM2 vs. the King LTD? Still haven't tried a TFZ but do have the Simgot so would be a comparison that gives me an idea of some TFZ stuff.
I am away from home for work until Thursday and only have the LTD with me. I will definitely compare the 2 whenever I get home and write something up.

May 13, 2019 at 10:59 PM Post #1,013 of 2,251
I'm really enjoying my TFZ King LTD as well. Just pulled the trigger on the Nine Tail and anxious to compare. The King LTD has a bass signature I really appreciate.
These are my favorite 2 dynamic driver iem's for sure! Congrats on your nine tail purchase! I believe you'll love the nine tails if you enjoy the LTD's. You aren't joking about the bass on these LTD's either, man, does it sound GREAT! I purchased a pair of the Klipsch Xr8i because they have the "subwoofer" dynamic driver/hybrid design, to satisfy my music with bass as a focal point. I paid 279.99 for them and feel like I wasted my money, as the LTD SMOKE them for half the cost, lol.

Last edited:
May 14, 2019 at 7:29 AM Post #1,014 of 2,251
These are my favorite 2 dynamic driver iem's for sure! Congrats on your nine tail purchase! I believe you'll love the nine tails if you enjoy the LTD's. You aren't joking about the bass on these LTD's either, man, does it sound GREAT! I purchased a pair of the Klipsch Xr8i because they have the "subwoofer" dynamic driver/hybrid design, to satisfy my music with bass as a focal point. I paid 279.99 for them and feel like I wasted my money, as the LTD SMOKE them for half the cost, lol.

Anything you can compare the TNT to?

For TFZ, I also got the Tequila 1. The design is a bit unconventional but the bass is prominent. The magical quality is not the same as the LTD, but the quantity is more and it's still a fun listen. Cheers.

May 15, 2019 at 4:23 AM Post #1,015 of 2,251
guys does anyone have here have the tfz my love II .. some guy on aliexpress mentioned that they are better then tfz ltd, king pro and tfz my love III which are way more expensive and this is only 60 bucks atm .. what do you guys think? they provide very good value

May 15, 2019 at 8:17 AM Post #1,016 of 2,251
May 15, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #1,018 of 2,251
Anybody heard the Balance 1? How do they sound in your opinion

Hi,
The TFZ Balance 1 is a quite successful product for the price in terms of both, sound and built quality.
It offers a solid and comfortable to wear monitor housing, which has a fixed cable that is pretty durable and not prone to mixings.
The nicely tuned V shaped sound signature on the other hand performs better than many other competitors in the same price range.
All this aspects are making the TFZ Balance 1 to a very good option for this price range.

The full review is comming soon.

Here are some pictures;

20190507_004353.jpg
20190507_003203.jpg

20190507_005127.jpg

20190507_003036.jpg

May 15, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #1,019 of 2,251
guys does anyone have here have the tfz my love II .. some guy on aliexpress mentioned that they are better then tfz ltd, king pro and tfz my love III which are way more expensive and this is only 60 bucks atm .. what do you guys think? they provide very good value

Doubt, like B9 says, they are better than those mentioned. My Love 2019 is also $59 and is the King Pro driver so that would be the better choice.

I actually ordered a King III. Not many impressions around but a pretty extensive review convinced me to pull the trigger. Also time to try out a TFZ since I never have partaken before :) I bought into them having better separation and resolution than King Pro and being seemingly quite versatile being warm and very low focused with the stock cable but with the right one(they tested with one like my current favorite cable) the treble is there to be pulled out. I like that since I have some cool Ruizu and Gueray players and that now popular Kinb**fi cable brings treble pretty big time. Seems the No.3 is not as good but better for a general sound signature but for my total recipe, factoring in all, the III is the choice for me. Better version of the No. 3 driver supposedly with stronger N52 magnets and a better constructed voice coil but they hold the potential back with the included cable. We'll see how it turns out.

Last edited:
May 15, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #1,020 of 2,251
Doubt, like B9 says, they are better than those mentioned. My Love 2019 is also $59 and is the King Pro driver so that would be the better choice.

I actually ordered a King III. Not many impressions around but a pretty extensive review convinced me to pull the trigger. Also time to try out a TFZ since I never have partaken before :) I bought into them having better separation and resolution than King Pro and being seemingly quite versatile being warm and very low focused with the stock cable but with the right one(they tested with one like my current favorite cable) the treble is there to be pulled out. I like that since I have some cool Ruizu and Gueray players and that now popular Kinb**fi cable brings treble pretty big time. Seems the No.3 is not as good but better for a general sound signature but for my total recipe, factoring in all, the III is the choice for me. Better version of the No. 3 driver supposedly with stronger N52 magnets and a better constructed voice coil but they hold the potential back with the included cable. We'll see how it turns out.
Good luck with your purchase! I'm anxious to read your impressions of them once you get a handle on what you're hearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back