The Fountain OST
May 19, 2007 at 1:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Squeek

Headphoneus Supremus
I rented this movie a few nights ago. I meant to see it in the theatres as I am a fan of Aronofsky's other work. Great movie, I was not disappointed. Also, great soundtrack! I expected as much after Requiem for a Dream and again, I was not disappointed.

If you haven't heard it yet, give it a listen. Composed by Clint Mansell and performed by Kronos Quartet and Mogwai. Lovely stuff.

May 19, 2007 at 5:12 AM Post #2 of 6
I got this CD right when it came out because Mogwai are on it. I like the music, but when you listen to it, it's obviously music written to go with a film. Not that that's really a bad thing..... But then I went and saw the movie and I found it really affecting, one of the very best I've seen. The soundtrack also works tremendously well with the film. So my advice to anyone at all interested in either the music or the film is go see the film and experience both. It's probably not a movie for everyone, but well worth a shot!

May 19, 2007 at 4:28 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by s m @ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But then I went and saw the movie and I found it really affecting, one of the very best I've seen. The soundtrack also works tremendously well with the film.

Yep. Perfectly suited to the film. The visual and audio relationship really make the movie an experience.

Jul 5, 2007 at 9:53 PM Post #6 of 6
I love this movie just like I loved both previous films from Aronofsky. There is just something in his movies, which makes watching them over and over again somehow appealing. Normally I never watch any movies more than once, but Aronofsky's movies just get better when you watch them again. Maybe it's because their content is more tied to the audiovisual side than story. Especially the last third of The Fountain is like watching a music video. Easily one of the best movies I have seen in years. Beautiful, melancholic, intelligent and metaphoric.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back