The foobar2000 resource thread
Jun 14, 2013 at 8:11 AM Post #62 of 126
You could use tabs. Have on tab for your playlist view, and another for this vizualization. That way it's not in the way when you don't use it, and it's very large when you do.

Jun 14, 2013 at 8:15 AM Post #64 of 126
Tabs, eh? They sound like a good solution. I will look into these tabs. (Only recently migrated from iTunes - still learning to use foobar)

Thanks.

Jun 14, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #65 of 126
Is there anyway to remedy this? With WASAPI, I have to hit stop, then reload the application that I want to use sound with if I already had it open before listening to music through foobar. 

Jun 15, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #66 of 126
Is there anyway to remedy this? With WASAPI, I have to hit stop, then reload the application that I want to use sound with if I already had it open before listening to music through foobar. 

As far as I know it depends on the sound card/chipset you're using how WASAPI works exactly. If this annoys you, then just stop using WASAPI.
It doesn't actually help sound fidelity, as some people think. It bypasses the Windows sound kernel, which for some odd reason is seen as 'evil' by a lot of people around here.
WASAPI's main use lies in the fact that it can mute all other applications, but as you're describing it, that's exactly that which you find annoying. So don't use it.

Jun 15, 2013 at 5:22 AM Post #67 of 126
My Google search has been unsuccessful again...

Am I able to insert the total playlist time into the Playlist switcher?

I seem to recall that when I installed foobar2000, before I added the ColumnsUI component, the total playlist time was actually displayed by default. Here's an image highlighting where I'd like to see the playlist time:

Jun 15, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #68 of 126
Quote:
As far as I know it depends on the sound card/chipset you're using how WASAPI works exactly. If this annoys you, then just stop using WASAPI.
It doesn't actually help sound fidelity, as some people think. It bypasses the Windows sound kernel, which for some odd reason is seen as 'evil' by a lot of people around here.
WASAPI's main use lies in the fact that it can mute all other applications, but as you're describing it, that's exactly that which you find annoying. So don't use it.

I don't find the muting annoying, I actually like it. I just don't like that when I'm done listening I have to reload my applications to get sound on them. I know with some ASIO devices it will automatically switch back to the windows sound after you hit stop, I am just wondering if that is possible with WASAPI.

Jun 15, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #69 of 126
I don't find the muting annoying, I actually like it. I just don't like that when I'm done listening I have to reload my applications to get sound on them. I know with some ASIO devices it will automatically switch back to the windows sound after you hit stop, I am just wondering if that is possible with WASAPI.

Probably not. So unfortunately you're stuck with either accepting the annoyance, or disabling WASPI. Pick your poison. :wink:

Jun 15, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #70 of 126
My Google search has been unsuccessful again...

Am I able to insert the total playlist time into the Playlist switcher?

I seem to recall that when I installed foobar2000, before I added the ColumnsUI component, the total playlist time was actually displayed by default. Here's an image highlighting where I'd like to see the playlist time:

It depends on the playlist display component you're using whether or not that's possible. If you can't find the option, then it's probably impossible with the component you're using.
Try googling to see if there is another playlist display component for columns UI

I personally just use default UI, since nowadays it's in my opinion better than columns. I used to use columns as well, but after some updates to the default UI the things that I first found lacking were fixed.

Jun 15, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #71 of 126
Ah - found it! :D http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=49295&st=0&p=440952&#entry440952

You just add this code to "titleformatting for playlist title in panel":

$if(%is_playing%,,)'  '%title%
$char(9)
['['$if(%is_locked%,'L')[','$abbr(%lock_name%)]']']
$char(9)%length%

Jun 15, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #72 of 126
Quote:
You could use tabs. Have on tab for your playlist view, and another for this vizualization. That way it's not in the way when you don't use it, and it's very large when you do.

I'm having some difficulty finding how to get tabs going for the visualisation... I can get playlists in tabs but not the spectrum analyser. Any clues?

Here's playlists in tabs as I would like the spectrum analyser:

Jun 16, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #73 of 126
I'm having some difficulty finding how to get tabs going for the visualisation... I can get playlists in tabs but not the spectrum analyser. Any clues?

Here's playlists in tabs as I would like the spectrum analyser:

Go to Display -> Columns UI -> Layout tab.
Then go Insert Panel -> Tab Stack, and then you can add whatever you want to the Tab Stack just like you would to any other splitter.

Jun 16, 2013 at 5:53 AM Post #74 of 126
Quote:
Go to Display -> Columns UI -> Layout tab.
Then go Insert Panel -> Tab Stack, and then you can add whatever you want to the Tab Stack just like you would to any other splitter.

Beauty. Got it - thanks. I had taken a look at the process as you'd instructed but for some reason foobar2000 is not very intuitive to my mind and I'd not fiddled enough to work out how to configure the tab stack into exactly the form I desired, but I've got it now :) The customisation potential of foobar2000 is great.

Jun 21, 2013 at 7:27 AM Post #75 of 126
Seeking another iTunes feature for foobar2000... Does anyone know if those "Next" and "Previous" buttons are available in foobar2000? As shown in this pic:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back