The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Jan 29, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #94 of 6,694
Ill try listening to the store model later :)

I just listened to the Demo unit of the MH335DW (yet again) against the demo unit of the UM Miracle and the demo unit of the JH13Pro. DAP used is the Tera Player.

I'll say this now; I'm really biased when it comes to the FitEar sound.

Having said that I preferred the Mh335DW over the JH13Pro. My basis being that the JH13Pro is a little on the bright side. I didn't feel as if all the instruments were rendered as well as I wanted them. I guess I like the warm dark sound sig?

Testing the UM Miracle as well I could notice some harshness but maybe that's because its a demo unit...

In short:

MH335DW>JH13Pro>FitEar Private 435>UM Miracle

For me anyway :)

Jan 29, 2013 at 3:41 AM Post #95 of 6,694
Quote:
I just listened to the Demo unit of the MH335DW (yet again) against the demo unit of the UM Miracle and the demo unit of the JH13Pro. DAP used is the Tera Player.

I'll say this now; I'm really biased when it comes to the FitEar sound.

Having said that I preferred the Mh335DW over the JH13Pro. My basis being that the JH13Pro is a little on the bright side. I didn't feel as if all the instruments were rendered as well as I wanted them. I guess I like the warm dark sound sig?

Testing the UM Miracle as well I could notice some harshness but maybe that's because its a demo unit...

In short:

For me anyway
smily_headphones1.gif

I hardly think this does justice to the Miracle...having listened to the 335, the JH 16 and the Miracle.

Jan 29, 2013 at 3:59 AM Post #96 of 6,694
I hardly think this does justice to the Miracle...having listened to the 335, the JH 16 and the Miracle.

As I said I don't like the highness that I heard with it, and maybe its just not my cup of tea, and maybe the demo unit's been overused.

Also I said I'm biased to the FitEar sound.

Jan 29, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #97 of 6,694
of all the demo versions I've read, the 335 seems to have really made the custom sound very near to the demo version...

I remember there was one on the Miracle thread that he preferred the demo version over the Custom version of it
blink.gif

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #98 of 6,694
Quote:
of all the demo versions I've read, the 335 seems to have really made the custom sound very near to the demo version...

I remember there was one on the Miracle thread that he preferred the demo version over the Custom version of it
blink.gif

Some people say some demo versions were really bad. And I think they were talking about UM..well I don't remember. Anyway, I own the Miracle and it sounds wonderful. And I tried the demo version of the 335, and it sounds wonderful too, but in a different way.

To me, the Miracle is a very balanced, very detailed, a lot of space, a lot of thickness, very lively, not at all dry like some people say (maybe it is the DX100). The 335, from just 20mn with the demo version, sounded more sharp, dynamic, bright. So really different.

I guess I will have to have them both to be sure :)

Jan 29, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #99 of 6,694
Quote:
In short:

For me anyway
smily_headphones1.gif

This is why they make Vanilla and Chocolate flavors. "To each his own" And in the immortal words of Sylvester Stone "Different strokes for different folks"

I have both and at times really like one over the other. I think the sound is not going to be the same with custom shells vs universal tips.

Luckily we have some really good reviewers here on HF who can explain what they are hearing out of both, which helped (and help) me tremendously to make decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back