The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Mar 14, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #376 of 6,694
Quote:
Hi guys, I've been asked by Mr. Suyama to help out with communication between custom customers and the FitEar office. I think Mr. Suyama trusts my Japanese more than I do, but I am relatively familiar with FitEar products and should be able to help out with the 'crack'. Evidently, as noticed late in this thread, it isn't a crack. When the resin dries, it can contract. It simply is unavoidable with today's manufacturing process especially with a fully solid acrylic/resin shell. Also, as noted, there is no effect whatsoever on sound or longevity of the earphone. It is 100% a cosmetic effect. 

I will chime in with more information as I have it. 

Please don't PM me with questions; it is better to keep questions in this thread so that anyone can access the information. 

I will be gone to Hong Kong from Saturday and probably not attached to internet. I come back Wednesday next week.

Otherwise, I'll be in this thread to help out. I expect that Frenchbat will be here eventually, too, as he got a 335!

Thank you for your information Shigzeo san. I'm waiting for reply from them about other "crack" that I found on both side. This one is definitely on the surface. I can feel it with my finger. I suspected that it happen at the top lacquer layer.

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #377 of 6,694
Thank you for your information Shigzeo san. I'm waiting for reply from them about other "crack" that I found on both side. This one is definitely on the surface. I can feel it with my finger. I suspected that it happen at the top lacquer layer.

Mtthefirst, please show me a link to the image. Until very recently I've not followed this thread (probably should see about picking up a 335DW someday).

If you can feel it with your finger it could be one of two things: a crack, or the driver coating/sound tube coating hitting the acrylic shell. My FE333 private was sent back to get a thin layer of new lacquer as there was a small divot above one of the sound tubes. That was back in 2010.

Mar 15, 2013 at 1:01 AM Post #378 of 6,694

Mtthefirst, please show me a link to the image. Until very recently I've not followed this thread (probably should see about picking up a 335DW someday).

If you can feel it with your finger it could be one of two things: a crack, or the driver coating/sound tube coating hitting the acrylic shell. My FE333 private was sent back to get a thin layer of new lacquer as there was a small divot above one of the sound tubes. That was back in 2010.

Mar 15, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #379 of 6,694
Quote:

I would love to know how you've reviewed the 333, and if you ever get the chance, how it sounds in comparison to the 334 and 335 or any others :)

I've only heard the 333s, the SQ blew me away, but there were still a few things that needed refinement for me e.g. too forward, and needed more bass, in my opinion.

Mar 15, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #381 of 6,694
Quote:
@cravenz

just a heads up for you.

your friendly local shop having promo MO on FitEar MH335DW till this sunday only.

Cheers.

I heard about it. But unless they actually have a demo set, I'm not just throwing 2.5k out there! 

Mar 15, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #383 of 6,694
Quote:
it's closer to 2.6K actually.
smily_headphones1.gif

anyway it's out of my reach.

yes, too bad they didn't.
I tried their demo for 333 and 435, 2 years back. preferred the 435.

In two years I might be able to justify using that much of my income on it. Not right now. Can't afford it. I could, but I'd deplete all my savings and that wouldn't be practical. 

I tried the 333 that one of the staff had. Didn't get to try any others.

I think that is the major issue with customs. The lack of demo units for people to try. It's hard to just throw money into the wind, thousands literally, and hope what you've read all about is exactly what you'll hear. Not to mention the fact that if you don't like it, the loss one cops on a custom is no small feat in itself either. If you are risk averse, or one a tight budget, it just doesn't make practical sense. Then again, if you haven't heard others, and just go for it, one might be alright and convince themselves that is it. 

Mar 15, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #384 of 6,694
Quote:

Cheers.

I heard about it. But unless they actually have a demo set, I'm not just throwing 2.5k out there! 

I will just there and was lucky there was a set there. A 333 and a 335DW.

The 333 was for a girl so it was too small to try. 335 on the other hand was huge compared to my W4R. It was a custom demo but the left fit well and the right sat decent enough.

Mtthefirst was right about it being what i wanted. The vocals was brought out nice and clear and the bass was not heavy despite the double woofers. It was more subtle , you can feel it but it will not overpower.

I am not sure why, but i cant really feel the soundstage. Maybe because the right didnt have a good seal.

Some songs i used:
Final Distance - Utada Hikaru
One Night in Beijing
Skyfall - Adele
Arrierty's Song
Hotel California

plus some chinese songs with the flute and harp.

iphone4 + E12 Mont Blanc as the source

Mar 15, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #385 of 6,694
I will just there and was lucky there was a set there. A 333 and a 335DW.

The 333 was for a girl so it was too small to try. 335 on the other hand was huge compared to my W4R. It was a custom demo but the left fit well and the right sat decent enough.

Mtthefirst was right about it being what i wanted. The vocals was brought out nice and clear and the bass was not heavy despite the double woofers. It was more subtle , you can feel it but it will not overpower.

I am not sure why, but i cant really feel the soundstage. Maybe because the right didnt have a good seal.

Some songs i used:
Final Distance - Utada Hikaru
One Night in Beijing
Skyfall - Adele
Arrierty's Song
Hotel California

plus some chinese songs with the flute and harp.

iphone4 + E12 Mont Blanc as the source

just now? demo of 335DW?

omg, I just at that area just now. wasted. the vocals are not in your face type right?

Mar 15, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #386 of 6,694
Quote:
just now? demo of 335DW?

omg, I just at that area just now. wasted. the vocals are not in your face type right?

not so forward, if that is the correct term for it.

I went to ask more about the mass order and just nice, they have the demo there. After trying it out, I was about to scream "take my money!!" LOL but then rationality took over.

Mar 15, 2013 at 11:02 AM Post #387 of 6,694
Quote:

not so forward, if that is the correct term for it.

I went to ask more about the mass order and just nice, they have the demo there. After trying it out, I was about to scream "take my money!!" LOL but then rationality took over.

Nice. I should pay a visit, but I'm flying off this Monday so I'm not sure I'll have the time. 

Mar 15, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #389 of 6,694
Quote:
thanks.
I will head down tomorrow to see if they let me try.

redface.gif

What time are you heading down? I might head down 5 minutes before you so I can stop you from demo-ing 'em. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back