The Fiio X5 Thread
May 10, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #17,418 of 19,652

Nah, I don't think so.  My writing blows especially when I read other quite deasent reviews.
Thanks anyway for the thought.

Shame - would enjoy hearing your thoughts as well, but understood.

May 11, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #17,420 of 19,652
I had spent the day today listening at low volumes.

I am sick of the noise floor of my university, it is around 95DB measured with a spl meter. 

I listen under the noise floor using ie 80, i am much happier listening at very low volumes, everything is clearer, and i do not feel any fatigue, like i used to.

May 11, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #17,422 of 19,652
It's a good habit to get into, if you can stick to it!!

I am sure to do it. I was always angry, restless, and anoyed, and i was having less performance at my projects before strating this. It seems to help a lot. 

I still listen to metal, even hard ones,  now and then, but at low volumes, it is quite the relaxing experience.

I would strongly advice everyone to do this, it will change your life for the good.

May 11, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #17,424 of 19,652
  I am sure to do it. I was always angry, restless, and anoyed, and i was having less performance at my projects before strating this. It seems to help a lot. 

I still listen to metal, even hard ones,  now and then, but at low volumes, it is quite the relaxing experience.

I would strongly advice everyone to do this, it will change your life for the good.

Glad to hear it, George.  Sounds lik you love music too much to deny yourself the joy of music in your old age.  Welcome to the desert of the really quiet.  (Morphius, sort of).

May 11, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #17,425 of 19,652

Sorry, I don't understand what this noise floor means and what listening under it is.. Can you explain please? 
smile.gif

May 11, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #17,426 of 19,652
  Sorry, I don't understand what this noise floor means and what listening under it is.. Can you explain please? 
smile.gif

The normal noise of the envoirment is the listening floor. Like, the sum of the voices, cars passing, all noises form the noise floor. it is at 95 DB in my university. GOD it is loud!

And i am using my modded ie80, which attenuates the noise a lot, but not complteley.

Then i listen to very low volumes. 

For example, i listen from 9 o clock to 10 o clock using my fiio e12a. 

very very low volumes.

I was very angry at times when i used to listen to loud music. it really destroyed my mood for the day. I also noticed that loud music created sensations of anxiety for me at times.  and listening at low volumes cured this thing.

May 11, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #17,427 of 19,652
  The normal noise of the envoirment is the listening floor. Like, the sum of the voices, cars passing, all noises form the noise floor. it is at 95 DB in my university. GOD it is loud!

And i am using my modded ie80, which attenuates the noise a lot, but not complteley.

very very low volumes.

I was very angry at times when i used to listen to loud music. it really destroyed my mood for the day. I also noticed that loud music created sensations of anxiety for me at times.  and listening at low volumes cured this thing.

A-ha, thanks for the explanation! 
smily_headphones1.gif
 95 dB is CRAZY loud! That's like a freaking plane taking off 
frown.gif
 Not good for ears.. Luckily I don't have this problem in my listening locations.

May 12, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #17,428 of 19,652
Hi guys! Just bought the X5 today, after reading through the lengthy X5 vs DX90 thread. Hope I'm not missing much since I can't buy the DX90 where I live. Quick question: should I listen at low gain and higher volume, or high gain and lower volume? Which one will produce more detailed and overall better sound quality? I'm using very low impedance in-ears, like the Pistons 2.0 (will upgrade to something better soon).

May 12, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #17,429 of 19,652

very very low volumes.

Makes sense. Happens to me too, thanks for this post.

May 12, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #17,430 of 19,652
Hi guys! Just bought the X5 today, after reading through the lengthy X5 vs DX90 thread. Hope I'm not missing much since I can't buy the DX90 where I live. Quick question: should I listen at low gain and higher volume, or high gain and lower volume? Which one will produce more detailed and overall better sound quality? I'm using very low impedance
in-ears, like the Pistons 2.0 (will upgrade to something better soon).

The general rule is to listen on low gain unless you run out of room on the volume, then switch to high gain. The amp in the X5 is fairly powerful so for efficient IEMs like the Pistons 2.0 you should use low gain. 12 Ohm impedance is very low and high gain would give you very little control of the volume before you exploded your ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back