The Fiio X5 Thread
Oct 27, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #13,291 of 19,652
The X1 has dual line out / headphone out.
Got the tour model, props to FiiO it's really interesting to combine the two.

Oct 28, 2014 at 2:52 AM Post #13,292 of 19,652
I wonder if Fiio has any plan to include options for surround sound effects (such as Club, Hall, Arena, Live concert) in the future, something similar to Sony Walkman players. I know this is a wishful thinking but... one can wish, right? 

Oct 28, 2014 at 7:10 AM Post #13,295 of 19,652
I wonder if Fiio has any plan to include options for surround sound effects (such as Club, Hall, Arena, Live concert) in the future, something similar to Sony Walkman players. I know this is a wishful thinking but... one can wish, right? 

Personally, I do not like those surround sound effects.....:frowning2:
They are just not my thing!

Oct 28, 2014 at 7:35 AM Post #13,296 of 19,652

please don't.  not now, not ever....    argh.

Oct 28, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #13,297 of 19,652

please don't.  not now, not ever....    argh.

Personally, I do not like those surround sound effects.....
frown.gif

They are just not my thing!

It is just an option that can be switched on or off, so what's the problem? Just off it if you don't like it.

I remember years ago, having only small loudspeakers and living in a broom closet, the Pioneer Reverberation amp SR-303 was a real life saver for poor smelly cats like me. Most my rich friends just didn't need it because they can afford the $4,000 Magna Planar speakers with McIntosh pre and power amps in their dedicated stereo room at least 5 times the size of my miserable broom closet I lived in.

I like Sony Walkman players because they have this Surround sound option to cater for poor men like me.

Oct 28, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #13,298 of 19,652
I have the Pelican 1020 and my X5 with E12a fit perfectly bundled together with HS6 kit installed.

I do the exact same thing. I got the pick and pull foam (and an extra in case) originally just for the X5. I haven't felt the need to swap out foam, I just place the X5 on the bottom with the 12A banded on top. Works perfectly, except that the only part of the HS6 that I use are the rubber feet.

Oct 28, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #13,299 of 19,652
  I do the exact same thing. I got the pick and pull foam (and an extra in case) originally just for the X5. I haven't felt the need to swap out foam, I just place the X5 on the bottom with the 12A banded on top. Works perfectly, except that the only part of the HS6 that I use are the rubber feet.

Yea I think it's a perfect fit. It's strange how the volume knob on the E12A rest perfectly between the inner grooves of the foam as if it was built for the X5. I was unaware of the foam you mentioned, but I haven't felt the need to change anything since it fits so good in the case in it's combined configuration. I separate my X5 and the E12A using the rubber bands that come with the E12A and I combine them with the rubber bands from the HS6 kit. I never use the rubber feet because they always seem to slide off. I was using the FIIO case but I disliked separating the X5 and E12A daily to pack them away in that case.

Oct 29, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #13,300 of 19,652
It seems my problem was due to a dodgy TF card after all. Getting a Sandisk Ultra has fixed the issue.
I'm contacting Kingston about a refund on the other ones.

Lesson learned. Don't cheap out on a medium.

Oct 29, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #13,302 of 19,652
It seems my problem was due to a dodgy TF card after all. Getting a Sandisk Ultra has fixed the issue.

When i read stuff like this, i'm always happy that i spend that extra €10

I feel sorry that you needed to spend twice though :frowning2:

Options use up processing power that is better used for more worthwhile functions.

yes but who decides what is worthwhile?

Oct 29, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #13,303 of 19,652

One other issue is the possibility of counterfeit cards that show up more often in the higher capacities.  I typically stick with SanDisk, and I've read of those who bought "SanDisk" cards that might have actually been from that manufacturer, but were hacked to report a new size and then re-screened (or just a new sticker) declaring reading the wrong size.  Just another hassle to look out for and hopefully get a vendor that's trustworthy (and competent) enough to get the right distributors.

Oct 29, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #13,304 of 19,652

One other issue is the possibility of counterfeit cards that show up more often in the higher capacities.  I typically stick with SanDisk, and I've read of those who bought "SanDisk" cards that might have actually been from that manufacturer, but were hacked to report a new size and then re-screened (or just a new sticker) declaring reading the wrong size.  Just another hassle to look out for and hopefully get a vendor that's trustworthy (and competent) enough to get the right distributors.

When I buy cards on Amazon, I would first check to see if there are favorable reviews and how many there are. If there are lots of them, I would trust the company supplying the cards more. If there are none or bad reviews, esp. after the new cards have been out for a while I would naturally have little reason to trust them.

Oct 29, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #13,305 of 19,652
There is a lot of back and forth WRT how many files you can easily access on an X5

Let's try this:
All you X5 fans out there, what kind of files do you actually have on your X5?

I have approx. 1,000 iTunes files
100 or 200 files which are FLAC CD rips
80 Hi Rez files from HDTracks, 96/24 and 192/24

Users who are viewing this thread

Back