The Fiio X5 Thread
Oct 26, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #1,426 of 19,652
  i mean, when i use it as a dac for my tablet which has a weak volume it will not increase the volume? just improve the sound quality?

It will also increase the volume, given it should have a bit more power. The X3 was based on the E7, and the E7 has a lot more power. However, "weak" is a relative term - it's not just the tablet but the headphones and your tolerance for the decibels. What tablet is that and what ear/headphones were you using with it?

Note also that the discussion a few pages ago on the X5's power where a bunch of people basically implied it's a deal-breaker that the X5 can't drive low efficiency orthodynamics or high impedance headphones without an external amp had precisely those in mind.

Oct 26, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #1,428 of 19,652
  So basically when you use your DAP (X3 or X5) as a USBDAC, you use your DAP's DAC function as well as AMP function too. I think that's the way at least that's what I understood.

Yes. The X3 for example is basically the E7 DAC-Amp with player parts (microSD slot, screen, controls, processor, etc). When they say it can be used as a "DAC" they just omit the "-Amp," although nothing stops you from using the line out port.

Oct 26, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #1,429 of 19,652

Yes. The X3 for example is basically the E7 DAC-Amp with player parts (microSD slot, screen, controls, processor, etc). When they say it can be used as a "DAC" they just omit the "-Amp," although nothing stops you from using the line out port.

The X3 has similar DAC chip ( WM8740 ) and amp chip ( AD83970 as E17 but not E7, and you can use the headphone out, line out or coaxial out when X3 work as USB DAC.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 27, 2013 at 6:09 AM Post #1,431 of 19,652
It's the end of October coming.

Am quietly ... very quietly and eagerly ... very eagerly, waiting for a glimmer, a teaser, heck.. a micro photo of the finishing of the X5.
Like mobile phones leaking like crazy on the internet just weeks (even months) before they're available.

the X5 UX is like the treat that keeps teasing... we want more
biggrin.gif

Oct 27, 2013 at 6:13 AM Post #1,432 of 19,652
  It's the end of October coming.

Am quietly ... very quietly and eagerly ... very eagerly, waiting for a glimmer, a teaser, heck.. a micro photo of the finishing of the X5.
Like mobile phones leaking like crazy on the internet just weeks (even months) before they're available.

the X5 UX is like the treat that keeps teasing... we want more
biggrin.gif

Same here. We want more. At least a photo of how the prototype looks like. Maybe a short video of UI. Come on James, all these people believe in you. Many of us (including me) don't buy any dap and wait to see how X5 will affect the game.

I am personally very interested about that wheel control thing. I hope that thing will not cause a pain in real life (unfortunately the history has a lot of negative memories about it).

Oct 28, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #1,437 of 19,652
Thanks James, seriously.

I think for the moment this is the best he can do so I don't mind half covered photos.

Half of me wants it available ASAP and the other half of me says, they can release it a bit late that's fine as long as it won't turn into a DX50 fail. Even though after 1.2.2 FW, people still report that their products keep on creating problems. I am not touching to that dap for sure. What I expect, better sound, easy UI, stable firmware and gapless on folder play mode. If he can throw an USB Audio output I will even buy 5 and give it to my friends
biggrin.gif

Oct 28, 2013 at 2:50 AM Post #1,439 of 19,652
Holy!! Nearly jizz in pants! That's some nicely designed boards, James! Thanks for sharing these awesome pics.
biggrin.gif

Darn ... from the looks of it, guess we won't see James run naked on the street.

Is it me or is this forum serious in need of psychological help? (Seems like there's some good sized group wanting to see James run in the buff.. tsk tsk)
biggrin.gif

Oct 28, 2013 at 2:54 AM Post #1,440 of 19,652
  Holy!! Nearly jizz in pants! That's some nicely designed boards, James! Thanks for sharing these awesome pics.
biggrin.gif

Darn ... from the looks of it, guess we won't see James run naked on the street.

Is it me or is this forum serious in need of psychological help? (Seems like there's some good sized group wanting to see James run in the buff.. tsk tsk)
biggrin.gif

I would be in that group too but I am not accepting the fact that I need a psychological help
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back