The Fiio X5 Thread
Feb 28, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #4,831 of 19,652
Means that when those do get manufactured, and they get tested at Fiio for compliance, adapt size adressing issues, if it is OK, then next firmware gives us green light. 256x2 ,  512x2 (dual slot). Although I bet X7 will be out before those come out, but will be great if they keep supporting the X5 by that time to accomodate the bigger capacity

Thanks, this makes sense now.

Considering the money i would invest in additional SD cards, i will probably stick to buying a 240gb ipod 7G...

Feb 28, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #4,832 of 19,652
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fiio-x5-hifi-portable-mp3-top-music-player/1652619486.html?tracelog=ae-app-ios-sharefor-shkmail

I found this, so I think I'm going to take the plunge. Even if it's fake, the website offers price back guarantee. Let me be the guinea pig and I'll try it out, I'll post back when I get it with results, and you guys can make fun of me if it turns out fake.

it is a scam. I posted that earlier in this thread.

Feb 28, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #4,833 of 19,652
  it is a scam. I posted that earlier in this thread.

Some people, lol 
rolleyes.gif

Feb 28, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #4,835 of 19,652
I didn't mean to cause a fuss, just wanted to confirm my suspicions that it was fake.

This was discussed maybe 3 days ago. Repeating is something that already happens way too much in these threads :wink:

Feb 28, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #4,836 of 19,652
  Give the Martin Logan Mikros 90 a consideration. Excellent isolation, no leakage, great looks, compact, good case, and very highly discounted nowadays. the sound will increasingly baflle you overtime  when you consider the price you got em.

+1000

I also appreciate Mikros 90 very much. For $100 area, imho, I don't think there will be any phones better than Mykros 90 (in term of detail, tonal balance, sound stage)

Feb 28, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #4,837 of 19,652
Listened the the mikros and it was everything I suspected. Mediocre at best.

Mar 1, 2014 at 5:54 AM Post #4,841 of 19,652
Two cool features I've discovered about the UI with X5.

1) If you hold/press the center button at anytime this brings up the volume selection which then lets you scroll your volume up/down using the click wheel similar to an iPod. (You do not need to use the tactile buttons on the side)

2) If you want to fast forward or rewind a track when doing so the music keeps playing until you choose your destination, where as other DAPs make that terrible skipping noise while fast forwarding or rewinding. X5 you just keep listening to music while it does this.

Little things I'm learning along the way. 
tongue.gif

I've been listening to Kryptic Minds testing for micro detail this evening. We're having quite the time in Australia FiiO X5 and myself.

Mar 1, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #4,842 of 19,652
  Give the Martin Logan Mikros 90 a consideration. Excellent isolation, no leakage, great looks, compact, good case, and very highly discounted nowadays. the sound will increasingly baflle you overtime  when you consider the price you got em.

A HUGE endorsement to this recommendation.
Those who do not give the Mikros 90 a try will probably regret it later.
One of the best--if not THE best--set of headphones I have ever heard to date.
The Mikros 90 will blow your mind.
Visit OUR thread sometime!
smile_phones.gif

Mar 1, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #4,845 of 19,652
Has anyone compared the X5 with the AK 120? I have the AK 120 and wondering about the difference in sound signatures.
I'm planning on getting the X5 but curious about the sound signature.

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back