The Fiio X5 Thread
May 26, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #301 of 19,652
I hope the X5 is the first fully edible DAP.  The main body should be chocolate and the buttons gum drops.  Wiring should be one hundred percent licorice whips and not cheap spun sugar.

To make it all audiophile approved the DAP should cost a minimum of $1000 but come with a $2 FREE case.

May 26, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #302 of 19,652
I hope the X5 is the first fully edible DAP.  The main body should be chocolate and the buttons gum drops.  Wiring should be one hundred percent licorice whips and not cheap spun sugar.

To make it all audiophile approved the DAP should cost a minimum of $1000 but come with a $2 FREE case.

i think you're on the wrong website XD

May 26, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #303 of 19,652
One thing I don't understand is why most people prefer the HP out to be on the top of the player instead of the bottom. Being on the top just adds unnecessary bending from the cable when you operate it in a normal position since the cable has to make its way to the listener, which is most of the time the person holding the DAP, which is obviously located at the bottom of the DAP. If their reason is mainly because of the convenience when putting the player in their pockets, well you can always put the player upside down in your pocket like I do with my cowon J3.

The line-out IMHO should be the one on the top because it will be used to connect to other devices that's more likely away from you. And the HP out should be pointing towards the user hence the bottom, because most likely the user of the headphones plugged in the HP out will be you, the owner of the device, or at least the one holding the device. HP out on top is like ideal for continuous demo-ing the product to other people but you still control the device lol.

I really think HP out for a DAP should be located at the bottom. I don't mind the smartphones though but for a DAP it really should be at the bottom. Please FiiO consider the X5's HP out to be at the bottom since it's still under development I hope you can still tweak and decide where to put the ports. Or at least give me one good reason why put it at the top other than it is more convenient to put it in the pocket. For me that's just a very lame reason.

May 27, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #304 of 19,652
One thing I don't understand is why most people prefer the HP out to be on the top of the player instead of the bottom. Being on the top just adds unnecessary bending from the cable when you operate it in a normal position since the cable has to make its way to the listener, which is most of the time the person holding the DAP, which is obviously located at the bottom of the DAP. If their reason is mainly because of the convenience when putting the player in their pockets, well you can always put the player upside down in your pocket like I do with my cowon J3.

The line-out IMHO should be the one on the top because it will be used to connect to other devices that's more likely away from you. And the HP out should be pointing towards the user hence the bottom, because most likely the user of the headphones plugged in the HP out will be you, the owner of the device, or at least the one holding the device. HP out on top is like ideal for continuous demo-ing the product to other people but you still control the device lol.

I really think HP out for a DAP should be located at the bottom. I don't mind the smartphones though but for a DAP it really should be at the bottom. Please FiiO consider the X5's HP out to be at the bottom since it's still under development I hope you can still tweak and decide where to put the ports. Or at least give me one good reason why put it at the top other than it is more convenient to put it in the pocket. For me that's just a very lame reason.

I've to agree with you, convenience-wise, headphone-out would be handier on the bottom with line/coaxial out on top. I don't know if it's possible for Fiio to do this, but it would be welcome if they could.

May 27, 2013 at 5:05 AM Post #305 of 19,652
Quote:
I've to agree with you, convenience-wise, headphone-out would be handier on the bottom with line/coaxial out on top. I don't know if it's possible for Fiio to do this, but it would be welcome if they could.

I'd prefer the coax output on the bottom. Of course, I don't discount other people using it with something like an Ibasso D12, so it would be better up top if you're strapping them, so the screen and the volume control are oriented towards the listener. For my needs though if the coax is at the bottom I can get a block of wood, pretty it up, then stick a 3.5mm plug going out to a jack or the rest of the cable out from it, and I have a desktop dock. 3.5mm plug can keep it upright without the need for custom-fit recesses on the bottom (as on iPod docks) or support on the back (as on Samsung phones/tablets, the iPad, etc). If I ever need to use it strapped to a portable, I'll just run a long coax cable with right angle plugs on both ends to rout it from the bottom of the player to the back of the DAC-Amp, still keeping the screen, volume control, and headphone jack oriented for the most convenience. Or I'd just not strap them and use a really short coax cable, and have the player behind the DAC-Amp.

May 28, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #306 of 19,652
Quote:

The sound quality will be better than X3, in fact, dual WM8740 will be cheaper and consume less power but we believe one PCM1792 is better than dual 8740. just our opinion.

I'll pay double the cost of the x3 if the sound quality is double.  

May 28, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #308 of 19,652
Quote:

Quote:

Yup, same here.

Would it break your hearts if it came in for less?
confused_face.gif

May 28, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #310 of 19,652
Quote:

Seems silly to say this without even having heard the X3....

May 28, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #312 of 19,652
Quote:
Seems silly to say this without even having heard the X3....

It's doesn't matter that I haven't heard it.  My point is that I'm not paying double for something that might sound a little better.  I may never hear the x3 because I have no plans of purchasing both.  I will do what I always do and read for days about it once people give impressions.

May 28, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #313 of 19,652
I'll also be watching the Ibasso DX50.  Who knows what will be the best way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back