The Fiio X5 Thread
Dec 30, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #2,821 of 19,652

I ask the obvious and ask what's wrong with the wheel?

I think they sent out a bunch of factory sample units to distributors and shows, there were some feedback about the wheel so they fine tune further. I am sure there are some fine tuning to the SS as well. I am not sure the exact detail, sorry. There are a lot of extra effort to achieve the quality and I hope when it is released that people wont call it "half baked" and trash it online

Dec 30, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #2,822 of 19,652

I think they sent out a bunch of factory sample units to distributors and shows, there were some feedback about the wheel so they fine tune further. I am sure there are some fine tuning to the SS as well. I am not sure the exact detail, sorry. There are a lot of extra effort to achieve the quality and I hope when it is released that people wont call it "half baked" and trash it online

people will anyway, nowadays people call anything half baked and trash it online

Dec 30, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #2,823 of 19,652

Fair play to Fiio for actually taking the time to listen and improve. I can think of one or two DAP makers who'd just push it out the door 'as-is' and pick up any carnage afterwards.

Dec 30, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #2,824 of 19,652

Fair play to Fiio for actually taking the time to listen and improve. I can think of one or two DAP makers who'd just push it out the door 'as-is' and pick up any carnage afterwards.

I know a few who don't even bother fixing anything after it is released.
wink_face.gif

Thanks to Fiio for the X5 listening experience coming to a door near us.
beerchug.gif

Dec 30, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #2,826 of 19,652

I know a few who don't even bother fixing anything after it is released.
wink_face.gif

Thanks to Fiio for the X5 listening experience coming to a door near us.
beerchug.gif

Yeah ,there are definitely some obviously unfinished dap or at least feel extremely unfinished, I think those deserve critics (like the nova series) But people seems to pick at niggles or features that they want to be implemented but didn't get and call it as unfinished 

But eh , from what I have seen from their product , Fiio would probably get us at least satisfactory product quality

Dec 30, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #2,828 of 19,652
I'll be hard for the DX90 and Calyx M to be up the list when they are not even out yet, let alone being available for purchase. The X5 which should be available soon and ZX1 are the only two tangible choices right now. Being on the sideline really helps.

Dec 30, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #2,829 of 19,652
Strictly speaking, none of them is released. :)
Its wise to sit back for the first few months of 2014.
in the meantime, We should have enough toys to play and many other toys to buy for this hobby.

Dec 30, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #2,833 of 19,652
Google made me chuckle, just now;   I typed  'es9018-2m'  and searched images, and, bizarrely, what should appear but some of my coloured renderings of the X5! 
confused_face_2.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back