The Fiio X5 Thread
Oct 3, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #18,481 of 19,652
Quite funny, the discussion a couple of pages back re msd cards, I have 2x200gb cards, and I could have bought 4x128gb or 10x64gb cards for the same price, but convenience knows no price, don't want to be fiddling around on the street trying to work out which tiny card I want to swap into my player (with high probability of dropping one).

Each to their own
smily_headphones1.gif

Definitely aggree about swapping cards.  My slot 1's mechanism for clicking the cards in and out is damaged.  Gonna make selling a superseeded model even more dificult.  I'd prefer not to swap cards too much.

Oct 3, 2015 at 8:38 AM Post #18,483 of 19,652
Already did, it works but is not flawless and shouldn't be necessary. Plus, if one of the cards is full, then an artist starting with X letter goes to the other card means I have navigate the cards?

A library without sorting options and shortcuts for the navigation is pretty much useless.

Oct 3, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #18,484 of 19,652
If anyone is in the market for a used E12A, hit me up

Oct 4, 2015 at 4:19 AM Post #18,485 of 19,652
I want to place on record my appreciation for Fiio service. My X5 wheel was buggy & I sent it back to them for repair. As it was out of warranty period they charged me just $10 (including return shipping) & sent it back to me quite fast. Even replaced my screen protector & rubber case (which were old & weathered) for free. My X5 looks & feels brand new. Thanks Fiio.

Oct 4, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #18,486 of 19,652
Already did, it works but is not flawless and shouldn't be necessary. Plus, if one of the cards is full, then an artist starting with X letter goes to the other card means I have navigate the cards?

A library without sorting options and shortcuts for the navigation is pretty much useless.

I  can see that, too.  I just went '#' to 'L' and 'M' to 'Z'.  But since I had more artists in the lower alphabet, I had to move 'L' to TF2.  I don't actually see the screen, so it helps to have my folder order laid out so I can keep track of the number of button-pushes to get where I want.  That's mainly why I'm so hot on the A-Z  way of doing things.  I'm also more of an album listener than a catagory type.  TEHO

Oct 4, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #18,487 of 19,652
I hate to be a pain, I really do, but I would like an answer to my question regarding whether or not FiiO still plans on releasing new firmware updates for the original X5 or not. I don't think it is an unfair question to ask.

There is much I like about FiiO. I own and have owned several of their products. They offer virtually unsurpassed value and the company seems to genuinely make a concerted effort to cultivate a customer first approach. However,having said that, I would find it disconcerting at the very least, if FiiO were to begin a trend of suddenly discontinuing support and improvements to some of their legacy products simply because a replacement for said product has been released, at least not without some fromal notice which would provide much needed and appreciated closure to their loyal customers. Again, I feel that this should not be too much to ask and would appear to be in line with the companies previous history of customer support.

If FiiO has decided that the current latest firmware is final, then fine, but at least let us know. Make an announcement. If they are not sure then fine, but again let us know, but frankly Joe the cryptic responses seem a little beneath the FiiO I know. 

Oct 4, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #18,488 of 19,652
I've been wondering whether any new firmware for the X5 v2 will in fact be compatible with the old in any case? Or whether differences between the two firmware so will be minimal so support for the old one will go parallel with the updates for the new one.

Oct 4, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #18,489 of 19,652
I want to place on record my appreciation for Fiio service. My X5 wheel was buggy & I sent it back to them for repair. As it was out of warranty period they charged me just $10 (including return shipping) & sent it back to me quite fast. Even replaced my screen protector & rubber case (which were old & weathered) for free. My X5 looks & feels brand new. Thanks Fiio.

Did you pay for postage? If so, how much and from what location did you send it please?

Oct 4, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #18,491 of 19,652
I've been wondering whether any new firmware for the X5 v2 will in fact be compatible with the old in any case? Or whether differences between the two firmware so will be minimal so support for the old one will go parallel with the updates for the new one.

i can answer you this:

the hardware on the 2 has a second chip, and the firmware does not work on the 1, as this chip is missing.

i tested it out by repacking firmware for the 2, as firmware for the 1, and flashing it.

Oct 4, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #18,492 of 19,652
Oh ok. Thanks for that. It is a pity, but maybe design features to do with the interface for instance, might be 'copied' and made to work with the v1. Perhaps support for upgrading V1 may stop then. That's a pity.

Oct 4, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #18,493 of 19,652
Oh ok. Thanks for that. It is a pity, but maybe design features to do with the interface for instance, might be 'copied' and made to work with the v1. Perhaps support for upgrading V1 may stop then. That's a pity.

I tried to port the interface. 

It is a 20h+ of work to be put, of manual re-drawing the entire launcher, as in 1 there are more icons. 

There is a very good version of ported launcher that looks great in the custom firmware thread, I cannot remember who did it, but it looked very good, and it worked. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back