The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jan 2, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #17,148 of 17,484
  Hi,

This is possibly a silly question.

Does the L21 adapter coax cable work with the first gen X3's? I only ask as they specifically state X3 - II in the marketing material?

Steve

​The coax adapter for my X3ii (1/8" TRRS) does not work with my X3.  The coax adapter for the X3 is 1/8" TS.  I don't think the L21 will work since its 1/8" TRRS.

Jan 2, 2017 at 8:48 AM Post #17,149 of 17,484

​The coax adapter for my X3ii (1/8" TRRS) does not work with my X3.  The coax adapter for the X3 is 1/8" TS.  I don't think the L21 will work since its 1/8" TRRS.

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm afraid I don't know what TS or TRRS is but take it that the L21 is a no go.

Do you know what would be an alternative.

I still have the original adaptor which I'm using with a standard coax but want a spare. I've looked at the Chord Clearway but that is £100. I can't find any other alternatives yet.

Kind regards,

Steve

Jan 2, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #17,150 of 17,484

Quote:

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm afraid I don't know what TS or TRRS is but take it that the L21 is a no go.

Do you know what would be an alternative.

I still have the original adaptor which I'm using with a standard coax but want a spare. I've looked at the Chord Clearway but that is £100. I can't find any other alternatives yet.

Kind regards,

Steve

The adapter for the X3 looks like the first one: TR while the adapter for the X3ii looks like the last one: TRRS
You might be able to use a standard 1/8" mono plug to female RCA jack.

Jan 2, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #17,151 of 17,484

The adapter for the X3 looks like the first one: TR while the adapter for the X3ii looks like the last one: TRRS
You might be able to use a standard 1/8" mono plug to female RCA jack.

Hi David,

I understand now. My adapter looks TS.

Funnily enough I was looking on an AV site and someone suggested using a 3.5mm to two RCA's just plugging in the one.

I happen to have one (Cambridge Audio) as I used to plug my Fiio straight in to my hifi with it whereas now it goes through an Audiolab QDac.

I tried it just with Sennheiser HD700's.

I used high res downloads ie Blackstar 24/96 and Lake Poets 24/96. I couldn't tell the difference between the proper digital with original adapter, a Van den Hull source with original adapter or the Cambridge Audio just working through the plus side cable. I suppose that they are all coax cables.

I sort of feel like someone has told me that the earth isn't flat but there it is!

Thanks for the help.

Kind regards,

Steve

Jan 4, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #17,153 of 17,484
My X3 Gen I has 108 files with a .CHK extension.  What are these for?  Can I delete them?

Jan 4, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #17,154 of 17,484
My X3 Gen I has 108 files on it with a .CHK extension.  What are these files?  Can I delete them?

Jan 4, 2017 at 9:52 PM Post #17,155 of 17,484
Those are pretty much useless to the X3. I think they are created whenever you do a disk scan in Windows - you know when Windows thinks the drive is corrupted, but it really isn't.
Of course it doesn't hurt to back em up just in case…

Jan 11, 2017 at 5:47 AM Post #17,158 of 17,484
  Dear SergBill
Can this be helpful for you? You can make sure it is hardware issue but not only problem with battery, right? Maybe you will need to send it back for repair.
Power and Battery 
Power/ChargerUSB 5V/500mA
recommend:USB 5V 2A
Charing DisplayRed light for indicating. Green light appears when fully-charged.
Working Display LEDLCD Display
Battery Level displayYes
Capacity3000 mAh
Battery Life>10 Hours 
Charge Time< 4 h

Chips 
SocJZ4760B
Digital Audio Interface ReceiverN/A
DAC ChipWM8740
OP AMPAD8692
Headphone AMPAD8397

This information did not help, but thank you for an attempt. Power controller AXP192 broke, a problem is decided by it replacement.

Jan 11, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #17,159 of 17,484
Hey guys, Not sure if anyone can help me. I cracked the screen on my hallowed X3 1st Gen. I want it to look nice again, so I ordered a new glass screen from the lovely people at FiiO and I have received it in the mail.

Only thing is, I'm not sure how to go about actually changing the glass over - does anyone have any rough instructions I could use? I don't want to go mucking about with it, and damage it because I don't know what I'm doing!

Thanks heaps in advance.

:) Tracie

Jan 11, 2017 at 10:49 PM Post #17,160 of 17,484
  Hey guys, Not sure if anyone can help me. I cracked the screen on my hallowed X3 1st Gen. I want it to look nice again, so I ordered a new glass screen from the lovely people at FiiO and I have received it in the mail.

Only thing is, I'm not sure how to go about actually changing the glass over - does anyone have any rough instructions I could use? I don't want to go mucking about with it, and damage it because I don't know what I'm doing!

Thanks heaps in advance.

:) Tracie

The original X3 is fairly easy to take apart, just unscrew everything and take he PCB out, flip it over and the screen is glued to the other side. I never take the screen out before, but I'll advise you to be careful on the flex cable connection and make sure you unlock the connector first before trying to rip the cable out fo the socket. After that, it should be just a simple swap. On further note, if you really don't think you can handle it, try finding a nearby cellphone repair service and ask if they can do it for you for a fee. It should be a piece of cake for them as taking smartphone apart is much more difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back