The Fiio X3 Thread.
Dec 24, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #14,176 of 17,484
Edit: before doing that, make sure you update the library manually in the settings. If the songs still don't show, then do the following.

Did you use the X3 to format the card? If not, go do that. Then load some music up.

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Yes I updated the library manually and every time I only get the 26 pre-installed tracks being read.And I could not get the X3 to format the card because when I went into settings>Storage Formatting, it says 'TF card not found. Formatting failed'. So I formatted on the PC using the AOMEI partition assistant, as suggested by someone on this thread earlier.

Dec 24, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #14,177 of 17,484
And to add to the post above, I could not get the player to read the sd card even for updating the firmware to 3.3.
When holding the back and play buttons together as instructed, it says 'waiting SD card', and finally after a couple of minutes, it says 'file system not support, or file not found', and goes on to the homescreen.

Dec 25, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #14,178 of 17,484
  And to add to the post above, I could not get the player to read the sd card even for updating the firmware to 3.3.
When holding the back and play buttons together as instructed, it says 'waiting SD card', and finally after a couple of minutes, it says 'file system not support, or file not found', and goes on to the homescreen.

When you're doing a firmware update you have to use a fat32 formatted card.

Dec 25, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #14,181 of 17,484
A common mistake people make is they download the file which is a zip file and they put it on the card and of course it won't work because it is a zipped file of the file they need. Unzip the proper file and put it on the card. I know you aren't having this problem though but it is common.

Dec 25, 2014 at 2:55 AM Post #14,182 of 17,484
  A common mistake people make is they download the file which is a zip file and they put it on the card and of course it won't work because it is a zipped file of the file they need. Unzip the proper file and put it on the card. I know you aren't having this problem though but it is common.

I'm sorry my friend but I don't think anyone would put a zipped file without extracting it first. 

Dec 25, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #14,183 of 17,484
I'm sorry my friend but I don't think anyone would put a zipped file without extracting it first. 

Some have. On this very thread even.

Dec 25, 2014 at 3:19 AM Post #14,184 of 17,484
Yes I am using a FAT32 formatted sd card. But still the same message pops up 'file not found' after displaying 'wait for sd card' for a minute.
I'll try a different card soon, and update.

Just a thought, do you have access to another card? Worth a try at this point since it seems like you keep hitting an endless loop with can't read card / can't update.

Can you see your files on the card with the computer?

Dec 25, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #14,185 of 17,484

As @aangen said it's something that do happens. I've read about it several times here.........

Dec 25, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #14,186 of 17,484
I have a problem.  I am loading my collection onto my Fiio x3 and I do the A's no problem.  However when I load my first artist starting with B it loads but then when I click on the band on the device it freezes and nothing happens.  I formatting the disk and that didn't make any difference.  Does anyone else have problems like this? Getting very frustrated!!!

Dec 25, 2014 at 5:32 AM Post #14,187 of 17,484

But not you! I knew you did it right.

Dec 25, 2014 at 5:39 AM Post #14,188 of 17,484
Just got one for christmas.

Found the controls to be very easy and intuitive.

Sound quality I'm still a bit unsure. Yes it's better than my rockboxed clip but it's not a night/day difference to my ears. I'm also wondering if this is the kind of sound I prefer.

Dec 25, 2014 at 5:51 AM Post #14,189 of 17,484
Just got one for christmas.

Found the controls to be very easy and intuitive.

Sound quality I'm still a bit unsure. Yes it's better than my rockboxed clip but it's not a night/day difference to my ears. I'm also wondering if this is the kind of sound I prefer.

What headphones are you using though? It can make a big difference if you have a pair of headphones that are around the price of the X3. Try it out with a different pair and see if you can tell a bigger difference between your two devices.

Dec 25, 2014 at 6:08 AM Post #14,190 of 17,484
Just a thought, do you have access to another card? Worth a try at this point since it seems like you keep hitting an endless loop with can't read card / can't update.

Can you see your files on the card with the computer?

Yes I did try my wife's 16GB card; same results. Its getting detected alright, but in the settings>About X3 screen, it can't seem to read any songs or music on it. 
And yes I can use the card on the PC without any hassles. All files present.

Say, is there a particular way to arrange the files/folders on the card for the X3 to read them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back