The Fiio X3 Thread.
Dec 12, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #13,966 of 17,484
  The audio coming on both earphones is compressed, combining (though perceived separated) all the details then injected in your ears with one shot resulting into a bad sound-stage and presentation. After a few songs, it gives me head and ear ache. 

To me it sounds as though there is a time delay between L and R channels. The two don't seem to be fully complementing/aligned to each other.

I don't think we have bad units mate. I listened to the Fiio X1 on one of the authorized seller here, the sound signature is the same! Lesser bass and details but overall sound signature --they're the same. If its as good as all of you guys claim then it should have beaten the Voodoo'd Galaxy S1 with Wolfson during the first 10secs of comparison. But no! It sounds so tiny compared to the S1.

I see. Well then I guess the thing to learn from here is to stick with renowned makes.

Dec 12, 2014 at 8:38 AM Post #13,967 of 17,484

Well clearly the x3 is not for so quit whining about it and buy another DAP. Nobody is interested in what you have to say. Create a new thread if you need to...call it the Fiio bashing thread.

And I am interested with your opinion if you can even state a fact why it sounds different than any DAP's in the market. Why it alters the original sound signature of every song I played with it. You must have your ears checked.

Dec 12, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #13,968 of 17,484
I rarely comment in head-fi, but with all the sudden current hoo-haa about X3 severely "underperforming", I'm beginning to think whether they're trolling or a clever albeit a bit unorthodox reverse-marketing campaign by FiiO competitors.

One thing for sure though, constructive criticism is highly appreciated but not to the extend of bombarding the thread 24/7 with your personal dissatisfaction.

Man up, sell the unit and buy a Sony or whatever.

Cheers.

Dec 12, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #13,969 of 17,484
  And I am interested with your opinion if you can even state a fact why it sounds different than any DAP's in the market. Why it alters the original sound signature of every song I played with it. You must have your ears checked.

Well I'm not interested in chatting with you even if your post made sense. Attention seeking troll.

Dec 12, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #13,970 of 17,484
The audio coming on both earphones is compressed, combining (though perceived separated) all the details then injected in your ears with one shot resulting into a bad sound-stage and presentation. After a few songs, it gives me head and ear ache. 

Thank you for enlighten the rest of the community with your wisdom. Now I (and probaly most others around here) need to replace all my sources since I find them to sound good in the same way as the X3.

You need to understand and respect that this hobby is all about preference and we all have different ones and that's what makes it so interesting.

Dec 12, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #13,971 of 17,484

Well I'm not interested in chatting with you even if your post made sense. Attention seeking troll.

Not when I got your attention. Right?

Anyways this is an open-forum, so a man who spent his money over a product of this category has the same right to share his comments and views like you guys! If all you want to get and see are positive feedbacks then rename the thread! 

Dec 12, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #13,972 of 17,484

Anyways this is an open-forum, so a man who spent his money over a product of this category has the same right to share his comments and views like you guys! If all you want to get and see are positive feedbacks then rename the thread! 

You're right and you've clearly made your point, now move on.

Dec 12, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #13,973 of 17,484

Sorry to hear that you don't like Fiio X3....but since you already paid for it with cold hard cash....many here have to tried to help or suggest..maybe it could be a faulty unit judging by the way you described how it sounds....cheers...

Dec 12, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #13,975 of 17,484
  I rarely comment in head-fi, but with all the sudden current hoo-haa about X3 severely "underperforming", I'm beginning to think whether they're trolling or a clever albeit a bit unorthodox reverse-marketing campaign by FiiO competitors.

One thing for sure though, constructive criticism is highly appreciated but not to the extend of bombarding the thread 24/7 with your personal dissatisfaction.

Man up, sell the unit and buy a Sony or whatever.

Cheers.

+1

Dec 12, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #13,976 of 17,484

Anyways this is an open-forum, so a man who spent his money over a product of this category has the same right to share his comments and views like you guys!  

You are absolutly right......have them replaced from where you purchased and if you still hear the same you descibed,on the 2nd unit too,return it for refund and get some other dap.....thats the rule of thumb,imo. Or you just tell me,what you gonna do, if I have the same setup of yours and say mine sounds legitimately good.....you still gonna keep?....

Dec 12, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #13,977 of 17,484
  I tried and so I did. Used the unit for 2 weeks hoping that again, the so-called burn in can make a miracle. But it didn't. So frustrated and no one will spend this much money in my country so it is impossible for me to sell it. 

aha ... got it ... i have the same problem like yours .. in my country it is very hard to sell the audiophiles gadgets if not impossible  ... in my city no body knows about fiio !! or what is a portable headphone amplifier !!! ... they called me crazy when i bought my shures !! that makes me quite hesitant in my purchases because i buy something .. i stick with it no matter how bad it is 
frown.gif

Dec 12, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #13,978 of 17,484
  aha ... got it ... i have the same problem like yours .. in my country it is very hard to sell the audiophiles gadgets if not impossible  ... in my city no body knows about fiio !! or what is a portable headphone amplifier !!! ... they called me crazy when i bought my shures !! that makes me quite hesitant in my purchases because i buy something .. i stick with it no matter how bad it is 
frown.gif

You can sell things right on this website in the for sale/trade section or you can sell on it on eBay..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back