The Fiio X3 Thread.
May 30, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #1,292 of 17,484
What exactly? All of those requests? I can see them being handy, but whether or not it is important is up to you.

If you just read my quoted post, you'll realize immediately that not even a single request is stated but simply an inquiry about X3's capability (if any) of creating playlists on the go.

May 30, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #1,293 of 17,484
Quote:
If you just read my quoted post, you'll realize immediately that not even a single request is stated but simply an inquiry about X3's capability (if any) of creating playlists on the go.

Ok, I missed that you had bolded the "on-the-go (i.e. on the player, not using a computer)" quoted text. You said "This is important. Anyone?..". Sorry that I misinterpreted that as a request.

Anyway, hopefully James will respond as to whether that feature will be available.

May 31, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #1,294 of 17,484
I guess everyone in this thread put an extremely high expectation on the Fiio X3 DAP that costs $200.

Equipped with 2 units of Wolfson WM8740 DAC, it should boost up the confident how good X3 may sound.

Just curios will X3 potentially sound better than

HM-601 and 602,
Colorfly C3,
HiSound Nova1 and 3,
Hi RooCooP and B

May 31, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #1,295 of 17,484
According to ClieOS's review there is a Favorites option. Now I don't know if you can create multiple playlists since it wasn't mentioned on the review but the X3 has at least 1 on the go playlist you can work with like the J3 (which was godawful...I'm hoping the X3's is better. Delete mode and add mode were the bane of my existence.)

Also, if they can implement the playback of an audio format with a later firmware update...I don't think it's far-fetched to say that they can add the creation of playlists as well. But then again I'm completely clueless about firmware coding...

May 31, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #1,296 of 17,484
Quote:
I guess everyone in this thread put an extremely high expectation on the Fiio X3 DAP that costs $200.

Equipped with 2 units of Wolfson WM8740 DAC, it should boost up the confident how good X3 may sound.

Just curios will X3 potentially sound better than

HM-601 and 602,
Colorfly C3,
HiSound Nova1 and 3,
Hi RooCooP and B

One unit of WM8740.

... and comparison to a few of those players are in my X3 review and some of its following replies.

Quote:
According to ClieOS's review there is a Favorites option. Now I don't know if you can create multiple playlists since it wasn't mentioned on the review but the X3 has at least 1 on the go playlist you can work with like the J3 (which was godawful...I'm hoping the X3's is better. Delete mode and add mode were the bane of my existence.)

Also, if they can implement the playback of an audio format with a later firmware update...I don't think it's far-fetched to say that they can add the creation of playlists as well. But then again I'm completely clueless about firmware coding...

The answer is no. You'll get just one.

They are focusing on bugfix at the moment. Getting a stable firmware is much more important to them than adding new features. Since adding new features always mean adding more bugs, and that's the last thing anyone want on a firmware that is not perfectly stable yet.

May 31, 2013 at 4:01 AM Post #1,299 of 17,484
@JamesFIIO, could you please let me know when X3 will be available from mp4nation?

Last time I bought from mp4nation directly and for me its better to rely on mp4nation rather than indian dealership

May 31, 2013 at 4:05 AM Post #1,300 of 17,484
Quote:
No, not agreed. I am willing to wait if it will be more stable and bug free.

I agreed with you. 

Fiio X3 production unit must be perfect  free of any software/firmware issue and hardware issue.
At least it must meet all the published spec as promised.

Base on the track record, I believe Fiio can meet all this requirement.
So it is worth to wait for a while.
biggrin.gif

May 31, 2013 at 4:28 AM Post #1,301 of 17,484
Quote:
@JamesFIIO, could you please let me know when X3 will be available from mp4nation?

Last time I bought from mp4nation directly and for me its better to rely on mp4nation rather than indian dealership

July or later

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 31, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #1,303 of 17,484
Quote:
So if the x3 has only two levels of gain, does this mean that it does not match the amp abilities of the e17? Just curious...thanks.

It has been covered in my X3 review, the low and high gain setting are the same as the low and mid setting on E17. However, gain is only one part of the story. You also need to know the input voltage to make sure you are not clipping the amp section and the opamp has a fixed swing of voltage with the fixed level of supply voltage.

May 31, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #1,304 of 17,484
Thanks for the response and info. My understanding was the the x3 had the same amp section as the e17. It seems misunderstood. I ask because I needed the high setting on the e17 for my full sized HP's. I'm not sure medium would be enough.

May 31, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #1,305 of 17,484
Same DAC and opamp as E17, but the implementation is slightly different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back