The Fiio X3 Thread.
Mar 29, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #9,076 of 17,484
I don't actually know any software that will tag (or re-tag) the files' gap after they are ripped. Even transcoding software that keep the gapless tag is rare, AFAIK. But I think the stability issue might be due to database bug in X3, though I can't be 100% sure.

What did you mean then when you said that "Gapless is supported, as long as the music files are properly encoded with gapless tag."? I'd like to ensure Gapless support isn't a problem because of my encoding method, and it seems like you know the trick. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Nikolaus

Mar 30, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #9,077 of 17,484
What did you mean then when you said that "Gapless is supported, as long as the music files are properly encoded with gapless tag."? I'd like to ensure Gapless support isn't a problem because of my encoding method, and it seems like you know the trick. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Nikolaus

AFAIK, XLD always adds the correct tag in FLAC files. For AAC you need to check an option:

It's worth making sure that you have the most recent XLD version: 20131102

Mar 30, 2014 at 12:48 AM Post #9,078 of 17,484
AFAIK, XLD always adds the correct tag in FLAC files. For AAC you need to check an option:

It's worth making sure that you have the most recent XLD version: 20131102

I should be good to go, then. My copy of XLD is up to date and is mostly used for FLAC. Maybe I should try re-flashing the most current firmware to ensure Gapless doesn't freeze my X3 - or maybe the next firmware will resolve these issues for me.

Mar 30, 2014 at 12:59 AM Post #9,079 of 17,484
I should be good to go, then. My copy of XLD is up to date and is mostly used for FLAC. Maybe I should try re-flashing the most current firmware to ensure Gapless doesn't freeze my X3 - or maybe the next firmware will resolve these issues for me.

I think you'll have to wait for the next firmware. For me, gapless works pretty well from category play, but I have too many tracks for the X3 to index in one go which means I don't use it that much, but in browse mode, I frequently get the freezes etc that everyone is reporting.

Mar 30, 2014 at 4:42 AM Post #9,080 of 17,484
who cares as usual I will always find people who are fanboys and don't dare to admit something is missing in the product.

Sorry dudes this x3 needs an eq

Mar 30, 2014 at 4:53 AM Post #9,081 of 17,484
I made myself a case for the X3. It's very basic, just a cutout for the screen, USB, and HP-out. As with all of my devices, i added a touch of red, functional ass well, as to show where the buttons are.

who cares as usual I will always find people who are fanboys and don't dare to admit something is missing in the product.

I'm not saying the device or it's software are flawless, but you act about the EQ like it's the end of the world.
And there was never an EQ to begin with, so yes, you can request it, but multiple times DEMANDING it is just annoying.

Would i like an EQ? Yes i would. Do i need to state several times that FiiO made a crappy device unless they add an equaliser? No. That doesn't help anybody.

Mar 30, 2014 at 4:56 AM Post #9,082 of 17,484
What's your problem man, there has never been an eq in the X3, there has never been promised an eq on the X3 and there most likely never will be an eq on the X3.

Your arguments are like getting a DAC only and then start b***ing about that it doesn't have an amp and going on bashing the producer for not including an amp in the DAC you bought. Do you think that would be fair?

Sell your X3 that you should've never gotten in the first place and get a DAP with eq in it if that's what you need.

Mar 30, 2014 at 5:43 AM Post #9,083 of 17,484

Thanks,
Nikolaus

As tjw321 has mentioned, the software that rip your files must adds the gapless tag onto the music so the playback software will know whether it is gapless music or not. I don't know any software that can add gapless to files that already been ripped (unless you go the long way by creating an iso, mount and rerip it with gapless enable), and I am not a Mac user so I can't really offer much help there.

Mar 30, 2014 at 6:15 AM Post #9,084 of 17,484
Mar 30, 2014 at 7:13 AM Post #9,085 of 17,484
 To me be enough, if there keep possibility adjustment bass and highs. So like is it now.

Mar 30, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #9,086 of 17,484
  again I am not saying its a bad player, but it needs an eq to shine

Do you think you could go troll in a different forum or go buy a Clip and play with your EQ until your heart is content?

Seriously.

Mar 30, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #9,087 of 17,484

Check my post history I won't quality for fanboi 
tongue_smile.gif

However the X3 may need an EQ for your needs, but you are not everyone.
I don't feel it needs one. Maybe sell your X3 and get something you can Rockbox?

Mar 30, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #9,088 of 17,484

Well, different strokes for different folks ...

Me, I'm quite happy with the sound from the X3 .... I wouldn't use EQ even if it was available. I don't listen to MP3s or AACs - just FLAC, and I'm amazed at the sound from the X3.
Yes, the UI needs work - but Fiio seems to be very active here and they appear to be good at updating the firmware.

EQ - no need for me. Now playlist capability - that would be nice!

Mar 30, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #9,090 of 17,484
Power was off for a while today, so I fired up Dave Brubeck's "Time Out" vinyl rip in 24/192 on the X3/E12 combo to the DT880's... A little audio bliss for a cold, rainy, powerless afternoon. :)
Time_out_album_cover.jpg

:beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back