The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jan 23, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #8,161 of 17,484
Please remember FiiO that there are A LOT of people that would really appreciate a ton of smaller day to day bugs to be fixed before even thinking of adding a 10 band equaliser :wink:

Jan 23, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #8,162 of 17,484
Please remember FiiO that there are A LOT of people that would really appreciate a ton of smaller day to day bugs to be fixed before even thinking of adding a 10 band equaliser
wink.gif

I totally agree.

The EQ isn't a priority by any means, and can definitely wait until all the usage bugs are sorted out.

Jan 23, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #8,163 of 17,484

Yep I have the Position option set.

But I don't know if its the 'Position' option not working correctly or when I wind a few mins through a track and turn the x3 on and off again...but...the timing on the screen is defiantly not in sync with the music. The song in question is a mp3 I downloaded from Soundcloud, so I can do a compare on time and position between the two and the x3 defiantly falls behind. 

In fact I listened to the soundcloud version today and got to point I know I haven't listened to on the X3 and its at about 35mins on soundcloud and yet I have seen 40 - 50 mins on the X3 but its playing music from the first 20 mins?

Is it just a buggy mp3 file? (if there is such a thing)?

Cheers,

Mark.

in fact just checked and the total time for the mix on on the x3 and its 119'38 and the total time for the mix on SC is 159'39? Is the length of the track screwing things up perhaps?

It may be coincidence, but 1hr 59mins 39s is the same as 119mins and 38s. Is one showing hours and minutes and the other just minutes?

Jan 23, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #8,164 of 17,484
Please remember FiiO that there are A LOT of people who really wish to have a more advanced eq on the x3! If the 10 band equalizer from the x5 would be transfered to the x3, this machine would be freaking great! To me that is the only thing that is missed in this device. So yeah, don't forget that FiiO:) You would please so many souls if you did this!
This would be really a great feature for those of us who have no problems with usage. All my FLAC's and CUE files play, gapless works perfectly. So a 10 band equalizer would be a nice feature.

Jan 23, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #8,165 of 17,484
This would be really a great feature for those of us who have no problems with usage. All my FLAC's and CUE files play, gapless works perfectly. So a 10 band equalizer would be a nice feature.

I've got no problem with mine at all just think it would be wise of Fiio to focus on getting the unhappy users happy before putting resources on the users that's happy already.

I also think it's strange that so many asks for the eq, if it's such an important feature I can't understand why anyone purchase a player without it....

Jan 23, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #8,166 of 17,484
I guess we are all just too spoiled by RockBox... :wink:

Now there is a feature that should but will never happen. Maybe FiiO could hire the RockBox devs to teach their programmers how a DAP OS should be written... :D

Jan 23, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #8,167 of 17,484
first try to couple fiio X3 & fiio E11 :

1- the line out of X3 is more more powerful than the ipod touch line out ...and more detailed ..better sound over all ...
2- light to no sound quality change from the x3 headphone out ....but fiio E11 adds more power to the sound as a result of the powerful line out of X3 ...and that could be what gives the impression of better sound quality 
3- i hated fiio E11 with ipod touch but that is not the case with fiio X3 it is fine and no degradation of the sound quality

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #8,168 of 17,484
i can not detect any difference between mp3 320kb & Flac 16/44 on x3 !!!! ......may be slight harshness in the 320's treble .....and thats all ! any body can detect obvious difference ? and what headphone you are using ?! 

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #8,169 of 17,484
  i can not detect any difference between mp3 320kb & Flac 16/44 on x3 !!!! ......may be slight harshness in the 320's treble .....and thats all ! any body can detect obvious difference ? and what headphone you are using ?! 

You're not alone.
I can't hear any difference between MP3 320kbps and FLAC 24/96.... tried several files, from music to test tracks. Basically no difference. Maybe, and I say again, maybe, the slight harshness in treble as well.

Earsonics SM64 v2, Koss PortaPro, Audio Technica ATH-M50 and Sleek Audio SA7 here.

But I think we should probably not raise this discussion here. The Sound Science forum would be better for it.

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #8,170 of 17,484

Yep I have the Position option set.

But I don't know if its the 'Position' option not working correctly or when I wind a few mins through a track and turn the x3 on and off again...but...the timing on the screen is defiantly not in sync with the music. The song in question is a mp3 I downloaded from Soundcloud, so I can do a compare on time and position between the two and the x3 defiantly falls behind. 

In fact I listened to the soundcloud version today and got to point I know I haven't listened to on the X3 and its at about 35mins on soundcloud and yet I have seen 40 - 50 mins on the X3 but its playing music from the first 20 mins?

Is it just a buggy mp3 file? (if there is such a thing)?

Cheers,

Mark.

in fact just checked and the total time for the mix on on the x3 and its 119'38 and the total time for the mix on SC is 159'39? Is the length of the track screwing things up perhaps?

I can't get MP3s longer than 1 hour to save via Memory Play: Position at all using the latest firmware, so you're at least a bit ahead of me. :/

Jan 23, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #8,171 of 17,484
  You're not alone.
I can't hear any difference between MP3 320kbps and FLAC 24/96.... tried several files, from music to test tracks. Basically no difference. Maybe, and I say again, maybe, the slight harshness in treble as well.

Earsonics SM64 v2, Koss PortaPro, Audio Technica ATH-M50 and Sleek Audio SA7 here.

But I think we should probably not raise this discussion here. The Sound Science forum would be better for it.

I know .... but i mentioned that here because i couldn't detect the difference on the X3 which should has not perfect MP3 decoder ( as they said ) but i hear nothing wrong with my mp3 s compared to  FLACs 
normal_smile .gif

Jan 23, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #8,172 of 17,484
Good thing it's not up to what you can hear.

Jan 23, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #8,173 of 17,484
  I know .... but i mentioned that here because i couldn't detect the difference on the X3 which should has not perfect MP3 decoder ( as they said ) but i hear nothing wrong with my mp3 s compared to  FLACs 
normal_smile%20.gif

Oh, I see why you posted then.

In regard to the MP3 decoder, I am one of the few who complained about it.
It occurred in 2 or 3 specific tracks which, unfortunately, I don't have the FLAC versions... Just compared hearing through other sources using the same earphones and did not notice the noise/hiss on those tracks.

Jan 23, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #8,174 of 17,484
Whats your preferred sound sig?

In brief: I only have experience with monitors and headphones designed for recording / isolation / monitoring .......And its been so long I listened to headphones for pleasure:)

So I honestly dont know- Its hard to say the word "nuetral" as its often another word for "boring", which is good for mission critical, but not for listening for pleasure - too fatiguing.

Preference would be to a clear and represetative signature with good seperation. Not light on bass but not overly emphasised either. Vague I know....

So I guess I am looking for IEM that, and gives some good isolation (if flying).
I am also open to a good over ear that would match the x3

T

Jan 23, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #8,175 of 17,484
how is it compared to J3 , sound-wise ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back