The Fiio X3 Thread.
Sep 10, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #4,981 of 17,484
Got my X3 today stuck a 64GB card from my C3 with a bunch of FLAC files on it in. Powered it up and within seconds I was listening to some Pink Floyd (album art showing and tracks in order). I converted all my FLAC files from iTunes ALAC files using dbpoweramp. So far no issues here *knocks on wood*.

Sep 10, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #4,982 of 17,484
oh man....album art.....i REALLY need to redo all of that....

Sep 10, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #4,983 of 17,484
Been playing with the X3 with my collection and its very exciting to know that the X3 can make my reshelled TF10s sing, but it can also juice my HD580s very respectably. Its nice to know that I don't have to worry about what I plug into it (within reason of course). Here's to a solid product that yields versatility unmatched by others in its price range. 

EDIT: Just got to my recabled SR225i and they are achieving the best clarity I've heard from them. The X3 sounds remarkable better than my Dragonfly and MM Schiit stack. Perhaps this is due to the warm nature of the Fiio taming the brightness of the SR225.

Sep 10, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #4,984 of 17,484
  Been playing with the X3 with my collection and its very exciting to know that the X3 can make my reshelled TF10s sing, but it can also juice my HD580s very respectably. Its nice to know that I don't have to worry about what I plug into it (within reason of course). Here's to a solid product that yields versatility unmatched by others in its price range.

EDIT: Just got to my recabled SR225i and they are achieving the best clarity I've heard from them. The X3 sounds remarkable better than my Dragonfly and MM Schiit stack. Perhaps this is due to the warm nature of the Fiio taming the brightness of the SR225.

Wow cool. Has me really excited to get the X3. Amazon shipped it out this afternoon
biggrin.gif

Sep 10, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #4,985 of 17,484
OK, just got this and am listening with re-400s. I'm not sure my lingo is right, but here goes some random impressions. I've installed firmware 1.31.

The tonality of this thing is really good. Each instrument sounds like it would in real life. For example, notes from plucked instruments have the impact you would expect. 

Bass is strong. Had to turn it down and bump treble up. 

Instrument separation and sound stage is not so good unfortunately. You sound like you're listening in a cozy studio with very little reverb. Also, notes get a little slurred together. 

In short I'd call it analog-sounding, which is a sound I'm predisposed to. If it could only add a bit more space. 

UI has been fine so far except for I can't access my music through anything but the browser. Play all and category show the pre-loaded music even though I already erased it. 

Album art is not showing up.

I sometimes here a little popping when starting a new track.

Build quality looks good to me. 

Sep 10, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #4,990 of 17,484
I figured out the solution to my problem that I posted earlier. I had switched 3.5mm cables to make sure the cables were not faulty. I finally tried a 3rdc able just to make sure and what do you know...........two of my 3 cables clunked out somehow last night. All is good in the X3 world.....except for the Albums and Artists list that won't update. I can use file browser mode so I am managing with my 64GB card. 

Sep 10, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #4,991 of 17,484
  I figured out the solution to my problem that I posted earlier. I had switched 3.5mm cables to make sure the cables were not faulty. I finally tried a 3rdc able just to make sure and what do you know...........two of my 3 cables clunked out somehow last night. All is good in the X3 world.....except for the Albums and Artists list that won't update. I can use file browser mode so I am managing with my 64GB card. 

ty for update i was worried they may have a  faughty amp circuit

Sep 10, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #4,992 of 17,484
OK, a few more random first impressions. 

Bass - 2 and treble + 2 gets the right sound balance for me.

Hearing the satisfying chunkiness of Wes Montgomery's guitar sound through this thing makes me think I'm going to grow to really like the X3. The tone is just so great on it.

Sep 10, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #4,995 of 17,484
just got this palyer and sound sweet. just want to know how long you guys burn in the player??? 40 - 50 hours??

Please tell me you aren't serious about burning in a player with not a single moving part...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back