The Fiio X3 Thread.
Feb 19, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #17 of 17,484
I got to hear the X3 prototype at CES...Based on what I heard, I'm in, and looking forward to its release!  
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #18 of 17,484
Coming from you I take this statement as a vote of confidence. Thank you!!!
Quote:
I got to hear the X3 prototype at CES...Based on what I heard, I'm in, and looking forward to its release!  
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #19 of 17,484
Quote:
you should read the OP!

@topic
will there be new distribution channels for the player itself, or will european people need to order from ebay?

If what fiio says about the pricing, there would probably some kind of european distribution with its attached taxes, whether this is tthrough ebays or a european retailer is still up for grabs

Quote:
biggrin.gif

Do you have the fiio e17 ? If yes, how do they sound compared to each other ? Going from your ces impression

Feb 19, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #20 of 17,484
Feb 19, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #21 of 17,484
Unfortunately I don't have any Fiio products at the moment. I also got to hear the E12 Mont Blanc, really liked it, and may get one in the interim until the X3 release. I thought the X3 and E12 had a similar sound.... detailed, nice full midrange, no harshness. But the show floor was noisy, and I don't think I got to hear either piece's full potential due to noise interference.

Feb 19, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #22 of 17,484
Quote:
Unfortunately I don't have any Fiio products at the moment. I also got to hear the E12 Mont Blanc, really liked it, and may get one in the interim until the X3 release. I thought the X3 and E12 had a similar sound.... detailed, nice full midrange, no harshness. But the show floor was noisy, and I don't think I got to hear either piece's full potential due to noise interference.

Thanks for impressions 
beerchug.gif

Feb 19, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #23 of 17,484
I'm struggling really really hard...
Should I wait for the Fiio X3 or buy a Headstage Arrow for my Cowon J3? Man this is bugging me for a while now....
I'm not a fan of having to carry an amp with me but on the other hand I assume that the EQ of the J3 is better and that an Arrow would be a better amp than the one that is build in the X3....
I just want to power my SM64 (98 ohm) properly :'(

Feb 19, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #24 of 17,484
Quote:
I'm struggling really really hard...
Should I wait for the Fiio X3 or buy a Headstage Arrow for my Cowon J3? Man this is bugging me for a while now....
I'm not a fan of having to carry an amp with me but on the other hand I assume that the EQ of the J3 is better and that an Arrow would be a better amp than the one that is build in the X3....
I just want to power my SM64 (98 ohm) properly :'(

sorry for OT!

IMHO the arrow is the best amp for a J3 can pair, both in terms of sound and style. even if you use BBE or not, the arrow will synergize greatly with the j3. 

back to topic, you can always buy the X3 in 2014 or few months after people start reselling them in the FS section of the forum for cheaper price, as a backup player. i will also be doing that haha

Feb 20, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #28 of 17,484
Quote:
you should read the OP!

@topic
will there be new distribution channels for the player itself, or will european people need to order from ebay?

Quote:
If what fiio says about the pricing, there would probably some kind of european distribution with its attached taxes, whether this is tthrough ebays or a european retailer is still up for grabs

Do you have the fiio e17 ? If yes, how do they sound compared to each other ? Going from your ces impression

FiiO stuff usually comes through the channel fairly quick on Amazon.

Also, resubbing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back