The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Dec 8, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #7,771 of 7,793
Yes i have to agree that 60 bucks is nigh unbeatable.

However if the budget can be pushed up a bit id suggest the Xduoo X10. The sound is simply stellar for the price. Personally i prefer it over the X5 3rd gen.

I prefer X5ii over X5iii. The new one is too warm. X5ii sounds nearly perfect for reference.

Dec 8, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #7,772 of 7,793
I prefer X5ii over X5iii. The new one is too warm. X5ii sounds nearly perfect for reference.
Ppl are comparing the Xduoo X10 to the X5 1st gen in neutrality but with even more detail, clarity and instrument separation.

Dec 8, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #7,775 of 7,793
It is most definitely a very good upgrade.

I wouldnt say its bright sounding tho, reference level neutral would be more accurate.

However, given that most players nowadays are slightly warm sounding it would relatively be the brightest.

But, this is purely in terms of sound. You are getting a player that can compete with $300-500 players in terms of sound but thats it. It doesnt have all the bells and whistles that most players have. It cant function as a USB DAC, no eq, no Bluetooth,etc.

It is a barebones player that solely focuses on delivering stellar sound quality, nothing else.

Dec 8, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #7,776 of 7,793
It sounds like a very nice player, but if it doesn’t have an EQ, then it is not for me. I like to be able to tweak my sound. Is there something else out there if I was closer to a $200 price point. That might offer an EQ? I’m more than willing to spend some extra cash if I get what I’m truly looking for. Thank you all again for all the responses. It really is appreciated.

Dec 8, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #7,777 of 7,793
It sounds like a very nice player, but if it doesn’t have an EQ, then it is not for me. I like to be able to tweak my sound. Is there something else out there if I was closer to a $200 price point. That might offer an EQ? I’m more than willing to spend some extra cash if I get what I’m truly looking for. Thank you all again for all the responses. It really is appreciated.

The FiiO X3iii might be a good choice is your are also seeking a 2.5mm balanced output.

Jun 2, 2018 at 2:30 AM Post #7,780 of 7,793
How can I edit an artist's name on Windows 10 for my FiiO X1? I can only change the song title in the folder. Thank you
Way to go reviving this thread lol.

To change artist name simply right click the song, go to properties and then you can edit it in details.

Sep 21, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #7,781 of 7,793
I still listen to my music on a FiiO X1 (1st generation) in 2018. So far so good.

I'm about to purchase the Campfire Audio Atlas IEM and I would like to know how capable would be the X1 of driving the Atlas.

atlass.jpg

These are the technical specs of the Atlas:

5Hz–20 kHz Frequency Response
105 dB SPL/mW Sensitivity
19 Ohms @ 1kHz Impedance
Less than 1% Total Harmonic Distortion

fiio-x1-plata-reproductor-alta-definicion.jpg

0zsiMNG.jpg

Source: https://www.parts-express.com/pedocs/specs/230-143--fiio-x1-specifications.pdf

Should a X1 owner upgrade for pure sound quality reasons or is the SQ in the X1 still a competitor to actual models such as the FiiO M3, HiBy R3 or Shanling M3s...

In other words, have you gone from the X1 to another DAP and noticed a SIGNIFICANT sound quality change?

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #7,783 of 7,793
Yes, when I went to X3-II, did not notice really any significant change. Then to X7-I+AM3 - yes. Two steps forward.

Hi Denis. Thanks for your reply.

So did you notice a significant difference with the X7+AM3? In what way, how would you describe it? I assume that the sound will be more "potent" in the X7 with the balanced output, but once you try to set the volume to equal levels on each DAP, do you actually notice that the sound quality improved over the X1 (1st gen)? How about just the X7, without the AM3 module?

It's a pity, for $700 is a bit out of my budget for now.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #7,784 of 7,793
The sound got more detailed, bass became better, compared to X1, where low bass was not good, highs became more detailed and complex. You can't use any of X7s without an AM module.
I bought the 1 generation of the X7, which was about $320 for a body only + $99 for the amp.
It also depends on the earphones you use. My transition was - Fischer DBA-02Mk2 -> Dunu2000j -> AKG N40 (a complete waste of money) -> Dunu Falcon C. Plus tip rolling. From Comply, Spinfits, down to JVC Spiral Dots and even lately Azla – Sedna – Ear Fit. But still using the JVC's. Love both DUNUs.

Sep 22, 2018 at 3:32 AM Post #7,785 of 7,793
I still listen to my music on a FiiO X1 (1st generation) in 2018. So far so good.

I'm about to purchase the Campfire Audio Atlas IEM and I would like to know how capable would be the X1 of driving the Atlas.

atlass.jpg

These are the technical specs of the Atlas:

5Hz–20 kHz Frequency Response
105 dB SPL/mW Sensitivity
19 Ohms @ 1kHz Impedance
Less than 1% Total Harmonic Distortion

fiio-x1-plata-reproductor-alta-definicion.jpg

0zsiMNG.jpg

Source: https://www.parts-express.com/pedocs/specs/230-143--fiio-x1-specifications.pdf

Should a X1 owner upgrade for pure sound quality reasons or is the SQ in the X1 still a competitor to actual models such as the FiiO M3, HiBy R3 or Shanling M3s...

In other words, have you gone from the X1 to another DAP and noticed a SIGNIFICANT sound quality change?
I went from the X1 to the Xduoo X3 (SQ improvement) , then got the Xduoo X10 (power improvement) and Cayin N3 (Swiss army knife-like functionality) and then the Opus 1 metal(SQ improvement) and then the Cayin N5ii (small SQ improvement+ reference-like tonality)

I terms of big SQ improvements I would say the jump to the Xduoo X3 and N5ii are the most significant.

I have tried volume matching and comparing the N5ii and X1 before and honestly the improvement will depend on your iems. Some less revealing ones will see less improvement while more revealing ones will reveal all that is missing on the X1 compared to the N5ii.

The N5ii is more neutral, has a much bigger and clearer soundstage with significantly better instrument separation. Detail retrieval is not say, supremely better but the way its presented is clearer, better defined with higher resolution and texture. Bass extension is significantly better, it hits lower, sounds tighter and is much better controlled. The sound is also more dynamic and you can actually feel the sound rather than everything just being soft and rounded.

Iems and headphones wise I have heard and tried so so many in the time I went from the X1 to the N5ii but so many don't fit my taste, I only went from my CKR9s to the echobox finders and got a hifiman sundara. Andromedas? Muddy mids. Shure SE846? Weird tonality and murky sound. UERR? Hollow and sucked out sound. Kaiser 10? Too expensive for a sound that's just a little better compare to the echobox finder. And many many more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back