The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Jan 31, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #586 of 7,793
T.T if you really need neutral and ruler straight measurement, you can only hope for the most natural, neutral sound for $100 not the most natural and neutral sound of all the daps or as neutral as something like X5 because that will never happen xD

FiiO makes very reasonably priced audio products not making $1000 worth product and sell it at $100 xD

Jan 31, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #587 of 7,793
@ZV3  "Not sure why guys are asking for all these frills on this player, if you want all that get the X3, X5"

Exactly. As I see it, doing chores and driving around, even at the gym, the X1 with the planned above-average sound than the throngs of "mp3 players" out there, would be filling a nice niche. Such as, those like us who already have the X3 but find it a tad too big and heavy to jog along in the morning :)

Jan 31, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #588 of 7,793
@JamesFiiO  "btw, even the 2.0V LO level of X3 is not a big problem to portable amp, at least for our amps."

I did try the LO of my X3 to my E11, just for the sake of trying it out and it works nicely. I was about to get the E12, but I've read enough impressions that the X5 has more than enough power to even drive a Senn HD-600 nicely. Perhaps the X1 will go nicely too with the E11, if it is necessary at all.

As for the X1, I am eagerly waiting for its release, but will think about getting one *after* getting the X5 :)

Jan 31, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #589 of 7,793

why don't you just buy X5 ? sorry , we think the SQ should not be the same from enter level to the flagship because different people need different SQ.

And different people have different wallet thickness, thus the difference in what SQ they "need" to settle with  :)  And Fiio has made it possible for those with less-endowed wallet to enjoy very good listening experience 
wink.gif

Jan 31, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #590 of 7,793
  And different people have different wallet thickness, thus the difference in what SQ they "need" to settle with  :)  And Fiio has made it possible for those with less-endowed wallet to enjoy very good listening experience 
wink.gif

The real problem isn't just the X1's added bass response on its own, but that a lot of portable head- and earphones already have a tipped up bass response, and these aren't just the ones that come with a mic and has "BASS" somewhere on the packaging. And for those to whom fit is critical, it isn't a simple matter of switching to another earphone. Still I'm going to say the X1 shouldn't get scratched off anybody's list until they've had a chance to try it out.

Jan 31, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #591 of 7,793
  I just want to explain that we try to provide different products to different people, not only in size, features and cost. unless you guys thinks everyone need the same SQ

My good guess is, the X1 is a very good player to re-introduce my late-teen twins to a better sounding DAP, specially if girly-cases will be available when X1 reaches the market. 
They just might enjoy their revisit to the Classical music I used to play for them when they were very young. The X1 seems to be a prime candidate as "training wheels" for this purpose 
rolleyes.gif

But with the kind of music they listen to, they will still enjoy the X1. They were raised to appreciate the intrinsic value far more than the "fashion statement" value
smile.gif

Jan 31, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #592 of 7,793
  @JamesFiiO  "btw, even the 2.0V LO level of X3 is not a big problem to portable amp, at least for our amps."

I did try the LO of my X3 to my E11, just for the sake of trying it out and it works nicely. I was about to get the E12, but I've read enough impressions that the X5 has more than enough power to even drive a Senn HD-600 nicely. Perhaps the X1 will go nicely too with the E11, if it is necessary at all.

As for the X1, I am eagerly waiting for its release, but will think about getting one *after* getting the X5 :)

yes, X1 should go nicely with E11.  and for the X5, it is good enough to drive the HD-600, but can't push out all the juice of HD600.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 31, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #593 of 7,793
Guess we should not ask too much from James and FiiO after all. We all are humans: we need food to survive! Food cost money
smily_headphones1.gif

but I re-read the info James gave us, at $100, we really can't ask for more!

It even costs more in some other places, like "here."  hehehe.  Seriously though, for what it has cost me so far in buying Fiio products, I reallly could not ask for more, except perhaps to have replaceable batteries for future X3, X5 & X7. I prefer to enjoy my music while inhaling clean air and watching a smog-free sky :)

Feb 1, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #594 of 7,793
  @ZV3  "Not sure why guys are asking for all these frills on this player, if you want all that get the X3, X5"

I don't see anyone asking for a lot of "frills" on the X1.  Also, I don't see anyone here saying the X1 should sound as good as the X5.

What I do see people saying is that they don't want an X1 that is designed with a deliberately bass-heavy sound signature, or any other intentional colorations for that matter.  The hardware that is already slated to go into the X1 is quite good.  So the hope is that the X1 will be designed in such a way that the nice hardware doesn't go to waste.  Why take a good opamp and a good DAC chip, and waste them in a player that is designed to please only bass-heads? 

Feb 1, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #595 of 7,793
I really doubt that FiiO will make it bass heavy. Maybe a little more bass than the X5 but I don't see the purpose of having a high res DAP that is nowhere near neutral. I still do wish it would lean on more neutral and transparent sounding, prolly super near the X5 sound but minus some of the features but hey, a 100 bucks good sounding DAP, what could we ask for more. I'm pretty sure it will be way better sounding than iDevices. Thank you FiiO for bringing budget friendly devices but honestly, I really don't own any products, as well as from other brands LOL :wink: but I still love them! :) Hoping to have this one. Fan of the wheel :wink:

Feb 1, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #596 of 7,793
  yes, X1 should go nicely with E11.  and for the X5, it is good enough to drive the HD-600, but can't push out all the juice of HD600.

Thank you James this information. I suppose I will have to wait for the X5 to reach our shores to find out if my ears can enjoy it with the HD600. If ever, there is always the E12.

I must say, I am thankful that Fiio made it possible for music lovers with average wallet-size like myself, to experience better-than good music listening.

Feb 2, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #597 of 7,793
Hi guys,
Will X1 be better(sq) than any IPOD? i use an itouch,if it's better than that i will probably go for it.I already have e12.And which one has the better dac chip?x1 or ipod?

Feb 2, 2014 at 2:29 AM Post #598 of 7,793
Hi guys,
Will X1 be better(sq) than any IPOD? i use an itouch,if it's better than that i will probably go for it.I already have e12.And which one has the better dac chip?x1 or ipod?

Buy it, compare them and decide yourself, though i would say fiio's sound is different league.

Feb 2, 2014 at 2:33 AM Post #599 of 7,793
Ask for a neutral and transparent DAP from FiiO at $100 but does not ask for neutral and transparent headphone at $100 @.@ if I am not mistaken, most sub $100 headphones are not neutral and transparent either, the GRado SR60i at less than $100 is really popular and sound great for the price but it's not neutral nor is it transparent~ IMO

Feb 2, 2014 at 6:45 AM Post #600 of 7,793
If you already do LO from the iPod I don't personally think the x1 will be a worthwhile upgrade..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back