The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Nov 2, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #3,676 of 7,793
Just went back to the first page and noticed someone at FiiO is a My Chemical Romance fan. I think it's safe to say I'll be buying the X1 (also because dem reviews)

Nov 2, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #3,677 of 7,793
Ok, I've been listening and playing around with my X1 for a full 18 hours now(daylight savings time netted me an extra hour--WOOT!)...and I really haven't put it down except to sleep. Here are my impressions so far:

For starters, all I'm using are FLAC files(all encoded 194k-24b). The IEM's I've used are the Brainwavs S0's and S5's, all I have with me at the moment. My music tastes are all over the map, from opera to death metal and everything in between. With nearly 50GB of music loaded up, I've been really pushing the X1 in every area. From the deepest lows to the highest highs, the X1 handled it well above my expectations--especially for the price. At first I avoided using any EQ at all, it makes for a more balanced review of what it can do IMHO.

Then, after 10 or so hours, I started messing around with the built in EQ, at first for fun, then a bit more seriously. As for the standard signature, it works very well to me, a more balanced sound throughout compared to my C3. The built in EQ preset's, especially Rock, actually made for a more impressive sound with Rock music. That's something I rarely hear with EQ's, actually having the EQ preset's match up and improve the music it's supposed to be helping out, nice one, FiiO. But it was when I used the actual built in custom EQ that I got the best results. Messing around with the sliders allowed me to get exactly what I wanted to hear each and every time, I just wish it had extra preset slots so I could save more of the custom setups I made(hint, hint, FiiO 
wink.gif
 ). This is easily the biggest plus on the X1 over the C3 to me, and that makes this my new favorite DAP because of it.  

The UI is nice, simple and not at all complicated to use or figure out, a pleasant and welcome touch after using the C3's simple(maybe too simple, but done well regardless) interface. I find the Browse Files setting to be the easiest to navigate with, with the Album setting a close second. When you get to having massive amounts of music to take with you, the Artist setting can get bogged down too much, but it's still nice to have it if looking for a specific band. As for playlists....I really don't use them. I long ago got into making my own mixes, on my computer, and making a nice tidy folder to play them back with. As such, playlist makers that are built into portable players are really not needed to me at all. YMMV, of course. 

So far, that's all I really have to say about the X1. It is a very capable, well designed and executed Digital Audio Player at a steal of a price. Makes me want to try out their upper range offerings to see just how much better/different they are....so I guess the X1 has accomplished it's job: to make you want to get into the current crop of DAP's, and to give FiiO a great starting point for folks to get their feet wet whilst spring boarding them up to their better offerings at a latter date. Once again, great job, FiiO, keep up the good work
beerchug.gif

Nov 2, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #3,682 of 7,793
Um, if your talking to me, I really don't see that on my computer at least, sorry---guess your going color blind :wink:  

The text suddenly changed to grey after the word "encoded." Not sure of your monitor is making the color had too see or if it's just a small bug.

Nov 2, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #3,684 of 7,793
Anyone compared the line out sound vs headphone out sound using an amp? I tried, couldn't tell a difference.

Nov 2, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #3,686 of 7,793
Anyone compared the line out sound vs headphone out sound using an amp? I tried, couldn't tell a difference.

I did with an E12... Prefered the HP out 
blink.gif

Then again, the E12 is the only Fiio product that I was not in love with 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 2, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #3,687 of 7,793
I currently have my X1 paired with a Pico Power. Love this amp. Makes everything I'm getting through the X1 sound luscious.

Nov 2, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #3,688 of 7,793
I did with an E12... Prefered the HP out :blink:
Then again, the E12 is the only Fiio product that I was not in love with :)
i have and I prefer the E12. The E12 had more low end in my opinion than the hp out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back