The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Aug 28, 2014 at 7:30 AM Post #1,771 of 7,793
popcorn.gif

Aug 28, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #1,772 of 7,793
70mw @ 32ohms is about 2vrms, right? If so, I'll get one of these to replace my nano 7g for portable use. The output power seems quite impressive for such a small, cheap device. Of course, having an expandable sd cart slot is also something I appreciate.

Aug 28, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #1,773 of 7,793
  70mw @ 32ohms is about 2vrms, right? If so, I'll get one of these to replace my nano 7g for portable use. The output power seems quite impressive for such a small, cheap device. Of course, having an expandable sd cart slot is also something I appreciate.

No, you can't get the output voltage from those numbers.

Anyway, the max voltage output for headphone-out is about 1.6Vrms and for line-out is about 1.5Vrms.

Aug 29, 2014 at 6:17 AM Post #1,779 of 7,793
Managed to try a demo unit at my local hifi shop for about 15-20 mins listening to some familiar songs on FLAC through my Roxanne.
I'm quite impressed with this little player, and with the pre-order price offered by the dealer, it's a no brainer.
It still has the Fiio house sound, albeit slightly less warmer than it's 2 bigger brothers.
It can sounds a bit warm with warmish sounding IEM like Roxanne, so synergy and matching is quite important here.

Anyway, this is my quick 15-20 minutes impression, so take it with a bucket of salt

Aug 29, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #1,780 of 7,793
Managed to try a demo unit at my local hifi shop for about 15-20 mins listening to some familiar songs on FLAC through my Roxanne.

I'm quite impressed with this little player, and with the pre-order price offered by the dealer, it's a no brainer.

It still has the Fiio house sound, albeit slightly less warmer than it's 2 bigger brothers.

It can sounds a bit warm with warmish sounding IEM like Roxanne, so synergy and matching is quite important here.

Anyway, this is my quick 15-20 minutes impression, so take it with a bucket of salt

Shouldn't an ideal source be as neutral as possible?

Aug 29, 2014 at 7:41 AM Post #1,781 of 7,793

Great first impressions, and that is pretty much in tune with what most are saying about the sound.

Which reminds me, need to contact my local shops to find out if they having pre-orders for these.

Aug 29, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #1,782 of 7,793

Shouldn't an ideal source be as neutral as possible?

Not really. Some prefer bassy, some prefer bright, some prefer warm some prefer mid centric and a lot more. It is after all personal preference IMO

Aug 29, 2014 at 8:57 AM Post #1,783 of 7,793
Not really. Some prefer bassy, some prefer bright, some prefer warm some prefer mid centric and a lot more. It is after all personal preference IMO

That's what hardware/software EQ or different headphones/earphones is for. Why would you want your stock source to be anything but as flat as possible? Otherwise, you're really restricting your options. How strange.

Aug 29, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #1,784 of 7,793
If you can EQ a sound to something else, then you can EQ back to neutral too :wink:

The point is, not many people like to EQ (like me). This is probably why some company go by trend in sound signature

Aug 29, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #1,785 of 7,793
If you can EQ a sound to something else, then you can EQ back to neutral too
wink.gif

The point is, not many people like to EQ (like me). This is probably why some company go by trend in sound signature

Have Fiio explained why they choose their sound signature then, and what that is? Sorry if its something obvious, but I don't have much time to do lots of searching?

I've never heard of a music player manufacturer ever openly describing their players as having a certain sound, only detailing what EQ options there are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back