The End Game IEM for me
Apr 18, 2016 at 12:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Larethio

500+ Head-Fier
Hey guys I have narrowed down my choices for an end game iem to two particular iems, the Noble K10UA and the 64ears Adel U12. I have read multiple reviews for both earphones and head fi members are ecstatic for their euphoric sound. However they are both priced at around the same level and I'm trying to look past the charts and specification. To summarize, I'll ask this. Which earphone brings the most emotion to one's ear? Which earphone will leave the listener feeling as if they are understanding the spirit and passion and attitude that goes with the song? Which is more likely to wow me and sends chills down my spine? I listen to a TON of rock genres diversing from Space Rock to Alternative Rock to Heavy Metal and everything in between. My source inventory comprises of an HTC One M9 containing about a thousand lossless rock songs.

Advice is appreciated

Larry Duncan

Jul 7, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #2 of 24
I don't know about those iems but since nobody replied I thought I'd chime in. If iiasias. If it ain't sennheiser it ain't sheet.

Go for ie80, (about 250$ on amazon now) If you don't want to spend that much I think the momentum iem would be the next best bet for what you like, though I prefer a warmer smoother sound of the CX 3.00

Jul 7, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #3 of 24
I don't know about those iems but since nobody replied I thought I'd chime in. If iiasias. If it ain't sennheiser it ain't sheet.

Go for ie80, (about 250$ on amazon now) If you don't want to spend that much I think the momentum iem would be the next best bet for what you like, though I prefer a warmer smoother sound of the CX 3.00

You're comparing $250 universal fit IEM's to CIEM's that cost $1300?!?!?!  Give your head a shake and know what you're talking about first.

As to the OP, perhaps posting in the Help section would get you more responses.

Jul 7, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #4 of 24
Correct. I have chosen an iem that suits my tastes and i may be happy with for a while. The Earsonics SM64. Just how like it. Warm but still neutral. Coming from the Analytical UE 900S, Etymotic ER-4S, and Noble 4 i should be in for quite a pleasing change. But what does the future have in store for me? Who knows. But for now im changing from Analytical to warm but detailed sounding transducers.

Jul 8, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #6 of 24
You're comparing $250 universal fit IEM's to CIEM's that cost $1300?!?!?!  Give your head a shake and know what you're talking about first.

As to the OP, perhaps posting in the Help section would get you more responses.

Just because you pay more doesn't mean you get more, though tbh companies love ignorant people like you. Sennheiser has earned its credibility over the years and the ie80s are easily one of the best iems out right now.

Jul 8, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #7 of 24
Well, I haven't heard either IEM, so I would be a poor candidate to offer advice.  I did, however, invest in the 64Audio U8's, after much research.  They seem best suited to my listening tastes.  I'm sure there's been plenty of write-ups on both, scan for some reviews, but have in mind what YOU'RE looking for.  Everyone hears differently.

Jul 8, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #8 of 24
Just because you pay more doesn't mean you get more, though tbh companies love ignorant people like you. Sennheiser has earned its credibility over the years and the ie80s are easily one of the best iems out right now.

IE80s = mud, mud, mud, bloat and more mud.

Jul 8, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #9 of 24

In the portable audio scene IE80 are now basically the equivalent to the 1980's, when we all wore 3 stripe Adidas pants.

Jul 8, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #10 of 24

Youre mistaken. The Sennheiser ie80 may be good for someone looking for a bloaty sound signature but it simply cant compete with most iems out there. I like neutral with a little bit of warmth but it takes it too far. I mean i used to think the ER-4S was the best but then i opened my eyes. Or should i say ears! Dont get me wrong they are a fine pair of iems but there are better optioms out there. The Ie80s are no exception.

Jul 8, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #11 of 24
Sennheiser...lol.

Anyway, chances are if you do decide on one "End Game" IEM, whether it be this silly poll or your own decision, over time curiosity will get the best of you (like it has for many of us Head-Fi'ers) and odds are good you'll end up buying the other "to hear the difference" yourself. So pick one, buy it, then get the other when financial timing is good to do so. :wink:

Jul 8, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #12 of 24
Sennheiser...lol.

Anyway, chances are if you do decide on one "End Game" IEM, whether it be this silly poll or your own decision, over time curiosity will get the best of you (like it has for many of us Head-Fi'ers) and odds are good you'll end up buying the other "to hear the difference" yourself. So pick one, buy it, then get the other when financial timing is good to do so. :wink:

Yeah that poll was pretty pointless.

Jul 9, 2016 at 12:41 AM Post #13 of 24
Sennheiser...lol.

Anyway, chances are if you do decide on one "End Game" IEM, whether it be this silly poll or your own decision, over time curiosity will get the best of you (like it has for many of us Head-Fi'ers) and odds are good you'll end up buying the other "to hear the difference" yourself. So pick one, buy it, then get the other when financial timing is good to do so.
wink.gif

Can't agree more.

Jul 9, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #14 of 24

I've owned IE80s for over a year on the basis that they were bass heavy. Wanted to try something new, and the very first ones I tried were the FLC8S. They were better in every way possible. More bass impact and rumble without muddying up the highs and mids. They are also the most comfortable iems I've ever worn to date. I now use the 1964 U8 as my daily driver and EX800ST for my bass needs. The IE80 is still good in it's own right, but it's price to performance ratio is heavily disproportionate. I'd say they should be priced at around $100 these days, and that's being generous.

Jul 9, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #15 of 24
Warm,
Sweet and detailed?
Fitear tg334!

Emotional, cheaper but definitely a TOTL sounding?
Inear stagediver sd2s.

Thats my endgame iem and my substitute iem for bed use.
Pls check my gears on my profile. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back