The eggo effect?
Jul 30, 2003 at 12:51 AM Post #32 of 74
Quote:

Eggos are horrible. Most over rated headphone ever.

i have to say my experience with Eggos weren't very good as well...it sounded very ordinary and definitely wasn't worth the price i paid for it...but maybe it's a problem with Sony's quality control...they're EX71s seem to be quite different..maybe their eggos are as well?

Jul 30, 2003 at 12:56 PM Post #35 of 74
Quote:

Originally posted by xcalibur
i have to say my experience with Eggos weren't very good as well...it sounded very ordinary and definitely wasn't worth the price i paid for it...but maybe it's a problem with Sony's quality control...they're EX71s seem to be quite different..maybe their eggos are as well?

How long did you use them? Out of the box they sound like nothing special, but then after a week or so, it's more a case of "oh, hmmm, yes.....nice"
eggosmile.gif

Jul 30, 2003 at 1:48 PM Post #36 of 74
Actually eggos were distributed here for a short period in the USA. I wouldn't call them horrible sounding either. But I must admit the were one of the most overrated when it was flavor of the month.

Jul 30, 2003 at 1:57 PM Post #38 of 74
Quote:

Originally posted by soupy
Actually eggos were distributed here for a short period in the USA. I wouldn't call them horrible sounding either. But I must admit the were one of the most overrated when it was flavor of the month.

Nah, I love mine. D-77 eggos rule!

Jul 30, 2003 at 2:47 PM Post #39 of 74
Quote:

Originally posted by ironchef9000
maybe i'm just too used to the "portability" of my new e2's
smily_headphones1.gif

so portable people can hardly see 'em! naaaga nooch!

I was using the D66 as my portable cans but once I got the E2s the D66 hardly see the light of day. I recently did the cotton ball mod too and still, the E2 is not only more convenient for portable use, but eats the Eggos for breakfast in terms of bass.

Jul 30, 2003 at 3:33 PM Post #40 of 74
I've used lots of headphones and the D66/D77 eggos are so far the best portables so far. I have much better home phones but the top-end eggos are highly portable, very comfortable, leak minimally, look good, don't require much power, and sound great with my portable sources. I have a pair of 7506s too but although they sound slightly better overall, the long coiled cord makes them a pain to use on the move. Plus, portable minidisc/cd/mp3/etc. players typically don't come close to home gear anyway in terms of sound quality so the eggos make a good match for portables. Note that any earbuds give me ear pain after only 30mins of use so I can't use etymotic phones or any other earbuds.

Jul 30, 2003 at 4:12 PM Post #42 of 74
Quote:

Originally posted by HeatMiser
But where's a good place to GET a pair of Eggos?

I got mine here

Jul 30, 2003 at 5:59 PM Post #43 of 74
Quote:

Originally posted by Mike Scarpitti
Nah, I love mine. D-77 eggos rule!

You have no clue what good headphones sound like and this is painfully evident in your postings.

Biggie.

Jul 30, 2003 at 6:42 PM Post #44 of 74
Oh, so if you say the eggos suck, then it must be so, and anyone who dares to speak out against this has no ears?
rolleyes.gif

At least for me, it's all about the music, not about the popularity of the gear. Yeah, it's fun to get in on the hype and flavors of the month can introduce you to sonic ideas that you never considered before. But at the end of the day all we can post here are opinions. I trust my own ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back