The EARGASM thread
Jan 7, 2011 at 9:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

onebandonesound

Head-Fier
I am starting this thread to start a list of Head-fi members' first Eargasm. this is a momentous occasion in an audiophiles life. I don't mean the little time that you go, "this sounds good", I mean when you hear something and feel the need to grab everyone within a half-mile radius and force them to listen to this ear(th)shattering combination of headphone and music. now the format is as follows:

Equipment used:
Track, Artist and Album:
Date (if you can remember):
Story:

it should look like this:

Equipment used: Zune HD 16gb, Fischer Audio DBA-02
Track, Artist and Album: Franks, Infected Mushroom, Legend of the Black Shawarma
Date: January 7th, 2011
Story:
So a few weeks ago I bought the Fischer Audio DBA-02s at the strong recommendation of my friend. I loved them immediately and had no idea headphones could sound this good. before this I had been using S4s, which are by no means bad headphones, but cannot compete with the DBAs. I have been "wowed" by them many times before, but nothing to write home about. anyway, I was listening to the DBAs this morning, and the track "Franks" by Infected Mushroom comes on. anyone who likes infected mushroom and has heard them through the DBAs can agree with me that it is a match made in heaven. these things were made to play trance like this. all of a sudden in the song, there is a part where all the music just stops for a fraction of a second, and I had always hated this part because my S4s echoed right through it. I hit that part and...nothing. NOTHING! no echo from long decay, it was a jolt to my eardrums. as claude debussy said, "music is the space between the notes". I had never really payed much attention to this before, but now I love my DBA's even more. music has never sounded so beautiful and I appreciate it so much more now.

Please post your stories as well

Jan 8, 2011 at 1:13 AM Post #2 of 9
Equipment Used: MacBook, Total BitHead, Grado SR80i
10,000 Days (Wings Part 2), Tool, 10,000 Days 
January 6th, 2011
Story:

So this is by no means my first eargasm, I have had many, but this is the most recent one, and the most prominent. I was doing some homework, when the second part of Wings For Marie came on. I put down my pencil and shut my eyes. The song is beautiful, and pretty much consists of one large buildup. About 4:30 in to the song, I started to get chills. Serious, no joke, all over chills. I couldn't help but laugh at how good this song sounded on my Grados. I can't really explain the type of joy you get when something sounds seriously bad arse, and beautiful at the same time, but man o man. I had to listen to the song three more times before getting back to my work. All three times it gave my goosebumps. Good times! 
biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #3 of 9
Also, may I suggest that this thread gets moved? 

Jan 8, 2011 at 1:24 AM Post #4 of 9
Sansa Clip+ > E7 > RE0

The Shins, Wincing the Night Away (The whole album)

December 26th.

Story: I was just falling asleep, listening to my RE0's, which I do on occasion. I had just received my E7 for christmas. Anyway, I usually just put the Clip on play all and let it go, but I decided to pick an entire album. Went with Wincing The Night Away. Just the whole thing, played all the way through, truly eargasmic. It was so crisp sounding, so pure, so perfect (to my ears at least). I have since decided that it is always much better to listen to an album from start to finish than just play random songs from an artist or more than one artist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back