THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Apr 21, 2011 at 11:46 PM Post #813 of 3,874
My DIY headphone stand. :D  This is a temporary solution until I move next month and get a bigger desk. I rarely turn the lamp on since it gets really hot after a while.It's on in the picture to make it look nicer.

Apr 22, 2011 at 8:37 PM Post #814 of 3,874
Costs....well a little too much because I had none of this on hand. About ~$30, but with left over materials so I made a mini-stand that seats 2~3 full sized headphones.

PVC and a a random plank of wood from Lowe's. The PVC is mounted to the wood base using dowels inserted inside the vertical pvc and expanding/hardening foam was sprayed down into the pvc pipes so the pressure holds the dowel in place.

Best Part is that it houses 7 full size headphones no problem. No cable management at this point though. Of course a drill and a few metal hooks can address that. Might add a few cinches on the vertical bars to hang IEMs. MAXIMUM STORAGE :D

Apr 25, 2011 at 11:37 AM Post #815 of 3,874
Quote:

I love the forward-thinking approach here :p

I hope you consulted your wallet before you made a stand that size.
wink.gif

Apr 26, 2011 at 2:44 AM Post #818 of 3,874
Necromancy my good sir.

May 4, 2011 at 4:52 PM Post #819 of 3,874
Decided to make myself one of these:
Here is the 40% complete project.

Since we had a bunch of oak left over from the hardwood install, I used some leftover pieces.
Stained with MANY coats of red mahogany.

Close up of Wood Grain.

It's gonna take DAYS for this to dry.  Then an applique of Leather and Bronze.

May 15, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #821 of 3,874
I started browsing through this thread earlier today and ended up taking a trip to Lowes to see what I could find for a headphone stand. I ended up finding a an organizer that is suppose to hang from the ceiling, but I just flipped it over and screwed it into an extra piece of fiber board I had. I also painted it the blue color that it is, I think I am going to repaint it black though. It also came with the foam padding already. I was going to just screw it into my wall cause i think that would have worked better, but I couldn't find a stud haha :D

May 16, 2011 at 10:03 AM Post #822 of 3,874

Took maybe 3 weeks to make since I was making this at school so I only have 1.5 hours a week of technical work.
That shelf (or whatever its called) the stand is sitting on is also made by me. I started making it in school, fall of 2009 (when I was(were?) 14 yo.)
Took almost six months to finish.

May 16, 2011 at 10:13 AM Post #824 of 3,874

Quote:

Took maybe 3 weeks to make since I was making this at school so I only have 1.5 hours a week of technical work.
That shelf (or whatever its called) the stand is sitting on is also made by me. I started making it in school, fall of 2009 (when I was(were?) 14 yo.)
Took almost six months to finish.

It may have taken a while, but it looks good!

May 16, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #825 of 3,874

Quote:
It may have taken a while, but it looks good!

Thanks! Just to point out: the stand has felt feet under it, but its not really that high off the shelfs surface. The pics make it look like its floating in the air or something
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back